What's new

The dragon gets a bear hug

10 bucks says this guys is ENG fail ! If he ever studied one :P

pray tell me, hows understanding the russians' urge to sell weapons to China == waking up in balochistan ? LOL !

I say you're the one with no toilets?

Up the bet. 100 quid, what do you say?

:butcher:

huh ? are u a kid ? hows Su-35 gonna make a diff when they have J20/ j31 coming up ? .. cryo tech transfer was put on hold not blocked per se..

they did proide ISRO with 4 cryo engines.. to study/experiment with and/or to bascially fcuk around with.. So quit bullshitting people here..

Su-35 wont make a difference ... cause we have Rafale.. AND most importantly PAKFA in our pocket.. :wave:
j20 0r j31 i wont comment coz its a chineese tech but su 35 is from a proven country.
Yeah they
did provided us with cryo engines still we took more time to understood it ,china is more smarter in that sense ..to copy ,modify and apply to their tech needs.

Su 35 make sense ,only hope fgfa.
our main backborn is su30mki right now but when the chineese induct su35 real threat arise.Even this rafale -no guarantee apart from low rcs how they gonna outgurn su35 in a real scenario...their induction would b much faster due to robust industry support.As the report indicates aesa radars,engines are more powerful not to mention other techs...

that confirms what i said. soo after we bought Su 30 mkk,Indians asked russians for Su30mki.
let's wait and see if india will buy su35 after we get it.

Only when you keep turning the facts. When China got their first MKKs, we already had Su 30s in service and fixed a licence production deal for the MKI.
We have PESA radar and TVC in service for more than a decade now, so again something where you follow us.
And while you get these radars from the Russians, we get their latest AESAs and already fixed to get possibly the most powerful fighter AESA at all.
That means in reality and wrt Russia, we are one step in front of you and Russia only sells things to you, or to Pakistan, that are technically less advanced than the stuff they offer us. So no issue from my side, let them make some money and keep their industry going, as long as we remain with the best they have.

well

1st of all chinese are more concerned about development of their 5th gen platforms & induction of J10b

2nd it's an absolute garbage that rafale is no match for SU -35 it only stands a chance in within visual range warfare until it survives from Rafale's meteor missile which looks next to impossible:lol:

3rd india's Super Su 30 mki is somwhat more capable than SU35 in certain areas & more or less equal in others.

Last but not the least Russian expert are name sake experts with more over optimistic prediction rather than rational thinking:lol:

only a squadron and 4 subs. good move for our reality check! lets see if the indians will take the bite, again!

nicely put their russian equipment is Junk look at syria their equipment is getting destroyed with AK-47s RPGs and chineses MANPADS thanks to bear selling it to Syria oh wow i know they call pakistan Geedar, China, Dragon, Russia Bear, I wonder what they call them Selves

Did you say AK47....I always thought that its a Russian based design and named after its designer Kalashnikov.

Did you say AK47....I always thought that its a Russian based design and named after its designer Kalashnikov.

its the chinese made AK-47 Russian made does not leave the country only comes to US under 2 companies that still make them the rest that is made is ak-74/ak-94 in russia and the ones that are used by the rebels are not Russian made

its the chinese made AK-47 Russian made does not leave the country only comes to US under 2 companies that still make them the rest that is made is ak-74/ak-94 in russia and the ones that are used by the rebels are not Russian made

I already knew what you wrote...please read my comment again.

The story certainly takes air out of so called saviour of PAF the J10's, it has been proven without doubt as how ineffetive the so called mighty J10 have proven against even lowly chinese manufactured J11.

China has many pieces of obsolete weapons which need modernization, and fast.

Buying some Russian hardware is one way to alleviate the problem.

It is also a win-win for both from the political and economic angles.

After all, Sino—Russian cooperation,especially in the field of arms trade,is the last the US wants to see happening。

Economicwise,purchasing Russian weapons is the only way for now to maintain and correct a trade relationship that's increasingly in China's favour。

Russia should not be a mere resource and raw material supplier to China。

Russia should also strive to export to China manufactured goods。

Selling arms is a start。

only a squadron and 4 subs. good move for our reality check! lets see if the indians will take the bite, again!

What happen to we ain't buying Russian junk and ours is good ;).

Need a reality check :rofl: that's the best part of your comment. I like it ;)

China has many pieces of obsolete weapons which need modernization, and fast.

Buying some Russian hardware is one way to alleviate the problem.

It is also a win-win for both from the political and economic angles.

After all, Sino—Russian cooperation,especially in the field of arms trade,is the last the US wants to see happening。

Economicwise,purchasing Russian weapons is the only way for now to maintain and correct a trade relationship that's increasingly in China's favour。

Russia should not be a mere resource and raw material supplier to China。

Russia should also strive to export to China manufactured goods。

Selling arms is a start。

Exactly, trade surplus is all and fun, but if you have nothing but trade surpluses with the guy, sooner and later he is going to run out of money and the trade stops.
Let's face it, Russians sucked at light industry even in the Soviet Union era.
After the collapse of Soviet Union, its heavy industry is also nothing to write home about.
Its electronics can't compete with China in the 80s, let alone now.
It doesn't have food to export.
The petroleum is nice, but it has to go through a rather long pipe and it is about the only thing besides arms that Russian can sell to China.
Even in arms sale it is a tough choice:
Chinese infantry weapons are cheaper, better and well supplied.
In armored vehicles, the China actually export lighter ones to Russia and Type 99 and Type 96 give better performance than T-90 at lower cost.
For surface ships, the ones left by Soviet Union have been rusting and after losing Ukraine, Russia's ability to manufacture new vessels really took a hit.
This left some attack submarines and aircraft as potential sales target. In past, Chinese navy has been mostly defensive, thus the addition of attack submarines are welcome. Aircraft, on the other hand, it is much more complicated. China has already begun to retire 3rd gen (Chinese standard 2nd gen) aircraft such as J7. T-50 is nowhere near completion. Not to mention T-50's stealth capacity is simply terrible comparing to J-20. This leaves 4th and 4.5 gen aircraft.
Now, while I would like to wait for more concrete news on the Su-35 deal, in my personal opinion, there are some benefit for these purchase besides throwing Russia some money.
1. Su-35 and J-11 share a common parent. The technological comparison may be worthwhile.
2. Shenyang aircraft corporation's production capacity maybe overloaded right now with the production of J-15, J-11 and testing of J-21/F-60.
Su-35 is a proven design and has been used by Russians themselves for a while. So there is low risk of Russians pulling a Gorshkov on us.

There is still ZERO confirmation from China. All the China buying Russian weapon news come from Russian media, the same media that has been saying the same thing since 2005.

su35 142kn thrust
aesa
rcs reduction
no tvc

su 30mki +
3d tvc
145 kn
rcs
aesa
ew
(more)

Back