What's new

The day when 4 colonels and 7000 men surrendered to half a battalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ask that to him

Sunny-deol.jpg

Yar ye dhai kilo ka hath mar ke mujhe utha de ga. :lol:

Tum khud hi de do. :D

This is really the best part of the whole incident. War is a funny business, apart from being hell of course.
And mines caused some of the most horrifying injuries in that particular conflict. The Eastern theater (now Bangladesh) was literally peppered with mines. That was the only method that the PA could use there in order to somehow prolong their resistance. And innumerable casualties fell to those mines, mostly the enthusiastic young men of the Mukti Bahini and assorted other civilians. Many of them were rendered paraplegic and quadriplegic. And were treated eventually at the MH Kirkee and the adjacent Artificial Limb Center (ALC). That is where prostheses (artificial limbs) were fitted to them. There were two whole wards filled with late-teen Bangladeshi youth. Miles away from homes, my mother came to know of them and marshalled a whole troop of local ladies (nearly all of whom did not know a word of Bengali) knocked the doors of Bengalis in the city and collected all the Bengali books and magazines that could be found and kept carting them there. While this assorted motley crew of women cooked at home and took it for the people that they had begun to call "our boys". And the feeling was more than reciprocated by the group of "our boys". So much so that the real biological sons that we were; had some reason(!) to even feel a twinge of a little jealousy. Time passed and that band of scarcely grown out of boyhood "men". got shipped back to Bangladesh and began life anew in a country that they helped to create. The injuries and pain became just a punctuation mark. But all concerned, were left with memories that they could treasure.

A very "illuminating" narration. Thank you sir.

It is good to see accounts of the war from different people from different sides.

Btw, where was mukti bahini? They were quite active in shylet since, it borders india and provides good hiding places to carry out guerilla tactics

It is good to see accounts of the war from different people from different sides.

Btw, where was mukti bahini? They were quite active in shylet since, it borders india and provides good hiding places to carry out guerilla tactics

Mukti Bahini was all over the place. Pockets of the Bahini were active everywhere. While the most organised groups were in the area bordering West Bengal. That had something to do with the fact that the militia leaders there were ex-soldiers of the East Pakistan Rifles. But largely college and high school going youth had slipped out from cities and towns like Dhaka, Mymensingh, Tangail etc. and joined up wherever they could. I've met many of them around that time and much later (upto 2005 in BD) and they were all over the place. Their enthusiasm and energy for their cause was unparalleled.

Yaar bhai .. ye hath tolne ki machine kahan milti hai.... mujhe lagta hai bina hath kaate nahi tol sakte...:what:
:rofl:

God had nothing to do with the 71 war.. it was not a battle of good vs evil..
No side taking there..

I always found the below quote from WE WERE SOLDIERS very interesting

Hal Moore: (praying) Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle every soldier among us will approach You, each in his own way. Our enemies too, according to their own understanding, will ask for protection and for victory. And so we bow before Your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray that You watch over the young men like Jack Geoghegan that I lead into battle; You use me as Your instrument in this awful hell of war, to watch over them. Especially if they are men like this one beside me deserving of a future in Your blessing and good will. Amen.
Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about our enemies? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

well ask that to him :partay:

sunny-deol-009.jpg

Its not his lines.. Its Arbaaz Khan's from "Maa tujhe salaam"

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Sab ke Sab Bollywood ke fan hain.. Bas openly maante nahin :D

IMO the main damage of the war was done during the monsoon season. Monsoon season in Bangladesh territory is a death trap for any force. And then there was the thing of numbers, number of muktis were many times greater and we had the Pakistani troops trapped in all ways(air water road). They realized too late that this was a war that could not be won.

Reminded of a similar incident during second world war
T. Moffatt Burriss 24 year old captain with the 82nd airborne div in April 1945 as the allies near victory in Berlin
( Narrator) Moffatt was given orders to stay put. But the young captain decided to jump in a jeep with 2 other men to see just what lay ahead of his division unfortunately he stumbled into the German army.

Moffatt: We drove about 40 miles about half way to Berlin and ran head to head into a German armored corp. Just hundreds of tanks half tracks and trucks and probably 15,000 or so troops

Moffatt needed an plan and quick..

Moffatt: I got out and went to the lead vehicle which had a German captain in it, he spoke English and I said I here to accept your surrender, He looks back and says are you crazy? Three men and a jeep? I said I have a whole army of paratroopers and tanks right behind me and the Russians right behind you. Do you want to surrender to us or to them. He said wait a minute. He called a conference of about 3 or 4 other German officers he came back and walked up to me and pulled his pistol out and I thought OH NO, not here in the last few days of the war..then he turned it around and handed it to me.

Moffatt and his two man army had somehow managed to secure the surrender of an entire German Panzer corps and he would be taking home a fine war souvenir

Its not his lines.. Its Arbaaz Khan's from "Maa tujhe salaam"

Post # 37 video dekho bhai.

Sab ke Sab Bollywood ke fan hain.. Bas openly maante nahin :D

1200, 1300 films dekh lenay se bhi koi fan ban jata hai bollywood ka. :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Its from film "Damini"

Mujhe bata rahay ho? Wo truck ki baat tu nahi ker rahay?

We had great victory. Our soldiers fought bravely for their country. But i think it was before 40 years. Next war (Khuda kare na ho) will be a new page, new day and new war. Once Roger Federer said that no matter how many grand slams i have won but every match is new match for me as my competitor come on court with new tricks and lessons from our last match.

trolling continues.........

No dude you just started:P

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

ve talked to a POW of 1971..... According to him the above mentioned article is nothing more than piece of sh*t.... Regards
The bold part describes the post itself

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

At least you guys are keeping your emotions to yourselves

As for my opinion on this thread
SELF DELETE
Nobody asked your opinion about the thread just you post if you have opinion related to topic .:sick:
And you have a link which doesnt violate rules of the forum

i'm not aware of this but on the last day of the war, the pakistani forces were already ordered to surrender - some did right away - some fought on for a few more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom