What's new

The Clash Within Civilisations: The Sunni-Shiite Divide

Name on protester that was killed? people that caused violence and such are jailed, but they are not killed at point blank. Most go to jail and pay a fine or get a house arrest. I support them if they are fighting for more rights!! I'm not 100% behind Iranian government at all! BUT they way the Shias are treated in bahrain and Saudi Arabia is JUST INHUMAN!!! animals are treated by the Sunnis. all of the mosques are demolished and they can't open schools. WE HAVE SUNNI MOSQUES AND SUNNI SCHOOOLS IN IRAN!! NO ONE IS blowing up sunni mosques and demolishing them!

Death of Neda Agha-Soltan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why dont you go live in Iran and then talk??

There are plenty of Shia mosques in Saudi Arabia..no questions asked..and a few days ago a Shia police office was killed by terrorist instigated by Iran supported Nimr Al Nimr..

Here is a funeral of prominent Saudi Shia Scholar..

amree.jpg

If there was any discrimination, the first thing to go would be that "Ya Hussien" banner..

So stop parroting the propaganda of Tehran Trolls!

http://www.jafariyanews.com/2k11_news/jan/30Sheikh_Ali_al_Amri_funeral.htm

High figures from different States attend funeral of top Saudi Shia scholar

By: Abdelali
Pics courtesy: altwafoq.net

HOLY CITY OF MEDINA, Saudi Arabia: Top religious figures from Saudi Arabia and other countries participated in the funeral of Saudi Arabia's prominent Shia scholar and leader Sheikh Mohammed Ali al-Amri who passed away on Monday January 24 and was buried in the Jannatul Baqi cemetery on Friday Jan. 28.

According to the informed sources, hundreds of thousands of Shias and non-Shias attended the ceremony.

pay attention to where he was buried - wouldn't stand a chance if there was discrimination. The so called "salafi Savages" would ban shia from being buried in Baqi at first stroke of a pen!

In a way you are right..cant argue with you on this one..but what rights is Iran government giving to their own people by killing protesters demanding better living conditions?

Now dont come back and say those protesters are backed by evil amreeka...

Part of that model and Pakistan model relationship with Iran was destroy by Khomeni "export the revolution" policies.

again your being overly paranoid about iran! Everyone considers Pakistan an Islamic country , so there is no point of having a islamic revolution in an already islamic revloution!!! whats the point. Iranian government has a problem with Saudi Arabia government, The saudi Government are not Islamic or even human, or else they wouldn't become friends with Israel.

again your being overly paranoid about iran! Everyone considers Pakistan an Islamic country , so there is no point of having a islamic revolution in an already islamic revloution!!! whats the point. Iranian government has a problem with Saudi Arabia government, The saudi Government are not Islamic or even human, or else they wouldn't become friends with Israel.

Propaganda right out of Tehran..
Sorry I can sympathize with innocent shia being target killed but no mercy for Tehran trolls..!

Neda Agha-Soltan was NOT killed by the Iranian Government!!!! I'm sorry if your brainwashed by western media. i like to look at facts, and see the truth. But whatever , I guess you don't want to look at the truth. I'm glad there are Shia and Sunni unity in Saudi Arabia, but the Government is still very much discriminatory towards the Shias. and In Bharain 38 mosques were demolised , why??how can you support something like this? If a sunni mosques was demolished anywhere i would be the first to protest it.
Bahrain's Sunni rulers target Shiite mosques - CSMonitor.com

Dont divert from the subject

As per Tehran Trolls, everyone is false and only they are right - precisely the reason why I hate the clergy!

Alleged killer

The man accused of killing Nedā Āghā-Soltān has been identified as Abbās Kārgar Jāvid, a pro-government militiaman, after photographs of the Basiji’s ID cards appeared on the internet, according to The Times.[45]

Bahrain is destroying mosques built without permit - every state has a right to do so!

your suggesting the Saudi governmnet is NOt friends with Israel??? Saudi has so much power in the white house in washington, how come they never speak for the palestinains? they have political power to do something but they don't. you cant deny this. I'm not talking about money being donated to palestine, Im talking about telling America NO MORE OIL or military bases anywhere in saudi , unless you stop supporting Israel. If saudi Arabia does this, iran would also back it up.Why doesn't Saudi Arabia do this?? Iranians would support Saudi Arabia 100%. if they do this.

2 days ago, a Saudi here in this forum openly admitted that he would support Israel attack on Iran whether that would be using his country as a base or not....

2 days ago, a Saudi here in this forum openly admitted that he would support Israel attack on Iran whether they would be using his country as a base or not....

yes, Saudi and Israel are working hard to push America to attack Iran, It's widely known!!

yes, Saudi and Israel are working hard to push America to attack Iran, It's widely known!!

And guess what happned next? Another dude came up with an irresponsible statement saying we have no problem in purchasing Israeli weapon as Prophet Muhammed use to do the same.

After 20 living years with them, i have come to conclusion that these people are seriously enemies of Islam. There is a hadith saying that 'the devil's horns will rise from Nadj (a region in SA)

Propaganda right out of Tehran..
Sorry I can sympathize with innocent shia being target killed but no mercy for Tehran trolls..!

Dont divert from the subject

As per Tehran Trolls, everyone is false and only they are right - precisely the reason why I hate the clergy!

Bahrain is destroying mosques built without permit - every state has a right to do so!

:coffee:.................

STOP HIDING THE TRUTH!!!

I don't want to judge all of the people from Saudi Arabia, I'm sure most people there are good people. BUT THEIR governmnet is the enemy of all Muslims!! All of the killing and bombings in Iraq are ordered by the Saudi Arabia, and is commited by Salafi extremist. Same with libya, what's happeining in bani walid. They are killing these Africans from Bani walid, b/c the Saudis are extremely racist!!! trust me they consider everyone as inferior to them.

Also the people who did the 9/11 attacks including OBL, the mastermind of all, were Saudis. They took the blame to Afghanistan and Pakistan and forced Americans to take our innocent people to Guantanamo Bay for life.

Personally, i wish to see us all unite one day just like the E.U but perhaps that can never happen if things keep going like this. I mean our civilization was so powerful and that now if you look at it, it has all been ruined by some people who have inferiority complexes.

A member in the forum just posted a case.

The sectarian violence is two ended.

It started off when Khmonei regime started giving away free travels to Shia students for a month of drugs and brain washing to export the revolution. Exactly the tactics used by TTP now a days. Khomeni urged Shia youth to be more assertive in their stand and indulge in activities aimed to undermine the writ of state and install a theocratic dictatorship like Iran.

In all honestly, Khomeni is the shia equivalent of Osama Binladen except that he succeeded somewhat in his ambitions while OBL was given a fast track to hell! His success was made possible only by the fact that Shah failed to deliver on his people expectations and deepened too much on his western allies. The people of Iran at large regret supporting the revolution now.

I do not and did not justify anyone killing on religious ground - dont behave like your regime by shoving words in my mouth. I did not defend anybody. The sectarian killing occurs only in the ground of Shia and Sunni armed gangs mutually filled with hate due to the lessons they have been taught at seminary.

Islam in Pakistan needs to be scrutinized and edited to remove all references to history. Read Quran, pray, fast and go home.

With due respect sir, if I may interject and pass my opinion, I feel that Islam has been a state religion and avoided major deviations, but after the fall of Ottoman, Mughal and recent Iranian dynasty, many off shoots and deviations were created and some became powerful with help of oil weath, in the last 100-150 years, at the expense of traditional and historical mainstream Islam. So I would suggest following the GFC and bring Islam under state control as much as possible for better management of religious belief systems and not leave it for amateurs and people with other nefarious agenda to mess it up.

This will mean depending on historical references more and ignoring recent innovations or Bida'a.

If Islam means, Quran, pray, fast and go home, there will remain a gap for someone to exploit and they will exploit it to the detriment of any Muslim community.

For example, this Bangladeshi kid just got brainwashed by some website and fell for an FBI trap, if he had proper Islamic education and knew that it is not permissible to start a war by himself and it is not permissible to kill innocent civilians then he would never fall for this trap. Same thing goes for all the extremists who are engaged in violence everywhere. There is a gap in their religious education and someone with their own agenda is filling that gap and using them as their pawns.

In case of Iran, this random violence is controlled because they have more state and central control through Qom, but their problem is that they, the 200 million shia Muslims, do not coordinate their system with the rest of 1.4 bilion Sunni Muslims because they think they can ignore and continue to undermine the Sunni Muslim interest, without any consequence for themselves.

The solution, again I propose is GFC, where both Sunni and Shia Ulema's can come together and do research and recreate something like Qom or Al Azhar, but instead of being for one or the other, it will be for the entire 1.6 billion Muslim community of the world.

And guess what happned next? Another dude came up with an irresponsible statement saying we have no problem in purchasing Israeli weapon as Prophet Muhammed use to do the same.

After 20 living years with them, i have come to conclusion that these people are seriously enemies of Islam. There is a hadith saying that 'the devil's horns will rise from Nadj (a region in SA)

Enough of this Buttt ! God knows that we're probably one of the biggest enemies of Islam too ! :angry:

Dont know about other countries

but here in INDIA, hindus are more inclined towards the shia community for two reasons

1. they are not fundamentalist as some of there counterparts

2. they are broad minded, and really respect other religions too ( my experience), in some places in UP you will actually find hindus n shias performing the maatam together

With due respect sir, if you feel brothers are going the wrong way, it is better to work with them to bring them back to the right way. Saudi's want to work with Israel out of desperation from Iran's policy of Shia supremacy in the region. Iran want to use Palestinian cause primarily to further the cause of Shia supremacy and shia interest, perhaps also to help Palestinians as a secondary cause, but its not their main interest. Otherwise, they would not be helping Assad in Syria in killing Sunni Muslims there including Palestinians.

Also the people who did the 9/11 attacks including OBL, the mastermind of all, were Saudis. They took the blame to Afghanistan and Pakistan and forced Americans to take our innocent people to Guantanamo Bay for life.

Personally, i wish to see us all unite one day just like the E.U but perhaps that can never happen if things keep going like this. I mean our civilization was so powerful and that now if you look at it, it has all been ruined by some people who have inferiority complexes.

I though it was Khaled Sheikh Muhammad (not sure about his ancestry) was the original mastermind who came up with this project and OBL and his group had the money and manpower, so they provided logistical support. Al Qaeda is a mythical label they put on OBL group to target them and other similar anti-US/Western groups who were open to violence and killing of civilians, no? Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Back
Top Bottom