What's new

The biggest shocker of the MMRCA......

HEY GUYS EVERY BODY WE WAITED SOO LONG FOR THIS NEWS ABOUT WHICH AIRCRAFT GONNA BE SELECTED FOR OUR MMRCA SO HAVE A LITTLE MORE PATIENCE LETS JUST WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL REPORT INSTEAD OF ALL THIS ASSUMPTIONS

waiting.jpg

Last edited:
Apples and oranges, 90% of the funding and technology contribution on the F-35 is American. The British expect to walk away with the technology for the chump change they're contributing? :lol:

As for the Indian MMRCA, all participating vendors are fully aware of the ToT requirements from the outset and yet all of them are in the competition which can only mean that all participating vendors are confident they can meet IAF's expectations for ToT.
I beg to disagree here...

It cant be said that just because they are in the competition doesnt mean that they are also confident about the TOT. There could be 1 or 2 vendors who would want to give full TOT according to the TOT level mentioned in the RFP.

But what other vendors as i am apprhending that may want to manipulate the RFP and come up with their own TOT, thinking to outsmart Indian govt. and we have history to justify that for lilitary contractors and defence PSUs, earning quick bucks means more than professional business.

Guys....Everybody is here to sell their product, and there could be companies who would bribe MOD officials for this, hire lawers to manipulate TOT.

Its quite evident from scorpene, INS vikramaditya, ST kinetics, Bofors....everybody have done that.

and "THIS" is the right time to do it.

GOI has to be really smart at this time, else we will get 18 fighters in fly away condition but and another 108 in sitting duck condition.

I just hope it doesnt happen. for politicians and companies country comes last and its there in every country. Lets hope for the best.

I am giving you a link....
Go through this.

It cant be said that just because they are in the competition doesnt mean that they are also confident about the TOT. There could be 1 or 2 vendors who would want to give full TOT according to the TOT level mentioned in the RFP.

But what other vendors as i am apprhending that may want to manipulate the RFP and come up with their own TOT, thinking to outsmart Indian govt. and we have history to justify that for lilitary contractors and defence PSUs, earning quick bucks means more than professional business.

Guys....Everybody is here to sell their product, and there could be companies who would bribe MOD officials for this, hire lawers to manipulate TOT.

Its quite evident from scorpene, INS vikramaditya, ST kinetics, Bofors....everybody have done that.

and "THIS" is the right time to do it.

GOI has to be really smart at this time, else we will get 18 fighters in fly away condition but and another 108 in sitting duck condition.

I just hope it doesnt happen. for politicians and companies country comes last and its there in every country. Lets hope for the best.

I am giving you a link....
Go through this.

Well the authorities must enforce compliance, often requirements are turned into contractual obligations. Typically contracts contain clauses for remedial or punitive action upon non compliance. If the buyer is unwilling or unable to monitor compliance then you have far bigger problems than unfulfilled ToT obligations...

this can be a game changer say a " carrot "................ LOL

Boeing Offers India "Super Hornet International Roadmap"

Boeing has said it is offering India the "International Super Hornet Roadmap", which it describes as the next evolution of the Block II Super Hornet -- "which increases survivability, situational awareness, and performance for customers". The company says it has been investing in the International Roadmap for the last two years along with the US Navy. Under the programme, says Boeing, if India chooses the Super Hornet as part of the MMRCA, the Indian Air Force will have the option of adding evolutionary technologies to the platform within this decade on an incremental basis starting 2015. Funded by the US Navy and developed by Boeing, the roadmap on offer allows for the planned insertion of maturing technologies over time. Boeing says this would give the IAF flexibility over the years if they want to insert/ integrate the following new technologies:

* Enhanced Performance Engines
* Next-generation cockpit
* Spherical missile laser warning
* Internal Infra-Red Search & Track (IRST)
* Conformal fuel tanks (see aircraft in slide)
* Enclosed weapons pod (see aircraft in slide)
* Designed-in stealth
* Future survivability technology that will "make the Block II Super Hornet harder to detect, harder to hit, and harder to kill"

According to a note that Boeing sent over, "While India is getting Block II of the Super Hornet, the International Super Hornet roadmap gives India the choice of considerable growth potential. India will be able to participate as an International Super Hornet Roadmap customer, if desired, and could potentially enhance future Indian Super Hornets. The design and growth of the Super Hornet has been done keeping a 40 year life span during which the aircraft remains combat proven."

once again shiv aroor

It cant be said that just because they are in the competition doesnt mean that they are also confident about the TOT. There could be 1 or 2 vendors who would want to give full TOT according to the TOT level mentioned in the RFP...

You always have to keep in mind what ToT is offered!

According to Chindits:

And now for ToT, which will form part of the commercial proposal, the cost of technology will be laid down by the manufacturer for the 54 key technologies laid down in the RFP for transfer of technology, many of whom are critical, under broad headings like--Airframe, Engine, Avionics and Communication and Accessories.

Chindits: Cost, Politics, To Determine MMRCA Winner, Report With MoD, Awaits Approval !

If Boeing offers production of airframe parts for all F18SH (including USNs, or exports) at HAL, as well as some ToT of the engine, which is on offer for LCA too, they could fullfil the ammount of ToT that is required of course too. But on the other hand, EF, or Rafale for example offers ToT also of radar, avionics, or comunication parts which are critical in operational service, includes latest, or even NG techs and are more valuable for us. Exactly here the US law restricts the ToT and allows even the use only with signing of serverl contracts, as well as controls (CISOMA / EUM).
So Boeing might offer 50% ToT, from airframe and engine parts, while the Europeans and Russia of course, offers the same + ToT from critical parts too. It should be clear which ToT offer is more preferable, but it will be interesting how far the US are ready to stretch their laws and restrictions, to get this deal.

You always have to keep in mind what ToT is offered!

According to Chindits:

Chindits: Cost, Politics, To Determine MMRCA Winner, Report With MoD, Awaits Approval !

If Boeing offers production of airframe parts for all F18SH (including USNs, or exports) at HAL, as well as some ToT of the engine, which is on offer for LCA too, they could fullfil the ammount of ToT that is required of course too. But on the other hand, EF, or Rafale for example offers ToT also of radar, avionics, or comunication parts which are critical in operational service, includes latest, or even NG techs and are more valuable for us. Exactly here the US law restricts the ToT and allows even the use only with signing of serverl contracts, as well as controls (CISOMA / EUM).
So Boeing might offer 50% ToT, from airframe and engine parts, while the Europeans and Russia of course, offers the same + ToT from critical parts too. It should be clear which ToT offer is more preferable, but it will be interesting how far the US are ready to stretch their laws and restrictions, to get this deal.

i agree with u man i do have reservation about going for all us aircraft my personal favorite is the rafa and EF where there will be no problem with the TOT and more over the entire europe is in cash crunch so both france and the EADS will give what ever it can to keep the project alive and running including TOT for crucial products
or the US will ask us to sign those agreements which india is refusing to do so or the aircraft which we going to buy will be a scale down version of the fighters just like Cj 130............ i have a bad feeling about the US..............

mmrca in punjabi

na khely gay na khelny day gay hahhahha

they never buy and never let us buy damn.

actually by delaying the deal, india is looking for better options and putting more pressure ont he vendors....great going india. we should get the best deal

my suggestion is let the donkey bite the carrot once or it will loose interest ( no offense ) or it will turn out exactly like the helicopter competition

Back
Top Bottom