What's new

The big Middle East Football - thread

Im with you, but there are many who was born in Iraq and left under the war(s) and they dont see them self as like the native from the country they live in but rather as an Iraqi. And some people visit Iraq couple times a year. Have family members there,friends. And if a player choose to play for Iraq instead of another country, then it should only be between his skills and the once fighting for the same spot in the team

I agree with this but today only a minority have been born back home. Most simply chose better national football teams but to be honest I don't know about any famous European player of Iraqi or Iranian ancestry in Europe playing for a European national team.

I think that this is a personal choice. I mean look at all those foreigners in the national teams I mentioned. They chose the countries they were born in and live in.

Zidane could have played for Algeria for instance but he chose France because he was born there, his wife is from there and because (probably) he felt more French than Algerian and because France had a much bigger chance of success than Algeria.

Well, not all Iranian fans are like that. In fact, the vast majority favours that Iran takes advantage of the resources abroad and calls them up, but the minority that doesnt can be vocal. Although now after the inclusion of Ghoochannejad (scored 8 goals out of 10 matches for Iran) and Ashkan Dejagah, that minority has been silenced. :D

Thanks! :)
I dont think we will do so well. We have had NO preparation (friendlies, camps) since we qualfied. Whereas South Korea has played the likes of Brazil, Belgium, Russia, Croatia etc ever since June,
Our group is also tough, although could have gotten much worse (Australia lol).
We'll do our best and enjoy being there :)

You never knows, just look at Iraq before Asia cup 2007 we almost didnt even qualify for it but ended as the winners. So get your hopes up.

I agree with this but today only a minority have been born back home. Most simply chose better national football teams but to be honest I don't know about any famous European player of Iraqi or Iranian ancestry in Europe playing for a European national team.

I think that this is a personal choice. I mean look at all those foreigners in the national teams I mentioned. They chose the countries they were born in and live in.

Zidane could have played for Algeria for instance but he chose France because he was born there, his wife is from there and because (probably) he felt more French than Algerian and because France had a much bigger chance of success than Algeria.

I cant talk about the iranians but the young iraqis who went over to EU is born in 1990somthing so they are young and are called for the U15-U20 teams not yet for the NT, but with time if the Iraqi NT wont call them up and they get the chance to play for another NT they will take it im afraid

You never knows, just look at Iraq before Asia cup 2007 we almost didnt even qualify for it but ended as the winners. So get your hopes up.

Thanks my friend. :)
Well I still dont expect much out of the team. I think thats best, because it minimizes disappointment feelings.
But lets hope for the best. :)

Iraq-Japan 0-0 HT Iraq had 8 shoot at goal and japan had one in extra time, I hope this dont bite ous later

@1000and1night

You should "return" Dhurgham Ismail al-Quraishi to KSA.;) He is quite some talent. Probably the biggest talent in Iraq right now. Offensive one that is. Don't you agree?

@1000and1night

You should "return" Dhurgham Ismail al-Quraishi to KSA.;) He is quite some talent. Probably the biggest talent in Iraq right now. Offensive one that is. Don't you agree?

Haha he is great yes, but not today.Wasted so many chances. Are you watching the game? wow still no goal for ous.
No Ali Adnan is the best young player we have now

Haha he is great yes, but not today.Wasted so many chances. Are you watching the game? wow still no goal for ous.
No Ali Adnan is the best young player we have now

;)

Yes, I am. Rooting for Iraq of course.

Iraq are better.

superbowl-xlviii-opening-line-has-denver-broncos-as-1-5-point-favorites-against-the-seattle-seahawks.jpg
:usflag:

Oh wait.....this thread is about a different kind of football. My bad. :what:

this skyscrapercity reject is trolling here too?!

get a life, a gf, a job! something! all of his posts are 2 km long too (does anyone read that garbage btw?).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom