What's new

The big Middle East Football - thread

no Pakistan.....WHY...????:hitwall:
we have a lot of talent and soccer is one of the most played sports yet we have no international scope......

Watched the Iran-Japan game this morning, what a crazy match. Possession was 66-33 for Iran and Japan was reduced to counter attacking football. As usual though, our piss poor defense cost us the full 3 points. Iran plays Australia next and I'm pretty sure we're gonna win.

This is a bit of surprise considering how the u-22 team just fell apart last month. Mansourian quit as coach, all the clubs refused to release their players etc... Japan looked like a second rate team against our B side.

btw, all the games are being shown live and on demand on You Tube (AFC's page). Quality is great too.

we didn't win against Australia , we just fu.cked up :pop:

Todays games:

Iraq - Uzbekistan 2-1 FT
Iran - Australia 0-1 FT

These two games starts in 10 min.
Kuwait - Japan
China - Saudi Arabia

Iraq and Australia is the only two teams that made it true to the next round so far

Im pretty proud of our youngsters, we have solid teams from the u-16 upp to the u-22 team. The only side that are crap at the moment is our NT, talk about irony..

Anyway here is the Iraqi goals against KSA

Did not watch the match but the senior team of KSA beat Iraq twice in a row in October and November last year.

The U-22 team of KSA is hard hit by injuries and Iraq has a talented squad.

Anyway I don't watch the U-22 AFC at all but KSA just won against China apparently. 2-1.

The last game against Uzbekistan will be crucial but they have one of the better senior teams in Asia at least but I am not sure if their U-22 team is good.

Anyway Iraq's Dhurgham Ismail al-Quraishi is a very talented player.

Did not watch the match but the senior team of KSA beat Iraq twice in a row in October and November last year.

The U-22 team of KSA is hard hit by injuries and Iraq has a talented squad.

Anyway I don't watch the U-22 AFC at all but KSA just won against China apparently. 2-1.

The last game against Uzbekistan will be crucial but they have one of the better senior teams in Asia at least but I am not sure if their U-22 team is good.

Anyway Iraq's Dhurgham Ismail al-Quraishi is a very talented player.

Yes indeed you did twice in a raw, Iraq usually have it easy against KSA for some reason, its our first lost against you then 2007. Can not more then congratulate you for the wins, but we will make it harder for you next time we met (Y)

Yes indeed you did twice in a raw, Iraq usually have it easy against KSA for some reason, its our first lost against you then 2007. Can not more then congratulate you for the wins, but we will make it harder for you next time we meet (Y)

Yes, that victory in 2007 is the only AFC Asian Cup trophy that Iraq has won to date. It came at a very difficult time for Iraq so I was actually happy that you won also because I have ancestral ties to Iraq and extended family living there.

KSA as you might know have won it 3 times and been in 3 finals. Only Japan is more successful historically and has won it 4 times.

KSA worst period in the last 30 years was from 2007 to 2012 so no wonder that Iraq and many others had it easy against KSA.

Long gone are the days where KSA qualified for 3 consecutive World Cups and actually qualified from the group stages in the World Cup which they did in 1994. As the only Arab/Middle Eastern country to date.

Anyway hopefully times will get better. Signs of that at least.

Anyway where are you from in Iraq? Are you from the "old school" since you are living in Russia? Many Iraqis emigrated to Eastern European/Communist countries back in the day for studies/work.

Yes, that victory in 2007 is the only AFC Asian Cup trophy that Iraq has won to date. It came at a very difficult time for Iraq so I was actually happy that you won also because I have ancestral ties to Iraq and extended family living there.

KSA as you might know have won it 3 times and been in 3 finals. Only Japan is more successful historically and has won it 4 times.

KSA worst period in the last 30 years was from 2007 to 2012 so no wonder that Iraq and many others had it easy against KSA.

Long gone are the days where KSA qualified for 3 consecutive World Cups and actually qualified from the group stages in the World Cup which they did in 1994. As the only Arab/Middle Eastern country to date.

Anyway hopefully times will get better. Signs of that at least.

Anyway where are you from in Iraq? Are you from the "old school" since you are living in Russia? Many Iraqis emigrated to Eastern European/Communist countries back in the day for studies/work.

Yeah every country more or less had a golden period in fotboll, we should not stick in the past and talk about what we once had, its better to fix the problems we have now so we can look for a brighter future and not dreaming about the old days.

Im an Iraqi fron Baghdad and I dont live in russia just put the location for fun, could have been mozambique. But I have visit russia long time ago, very beautiful place actually

Yeah every country more or less had a golden period in fotboll, we should not stick in the past and talk about what we once had, its better to fix the problems we have now so we can look for a brighter future and not dreaming about the old days.

Im an Iraqi fron Baghdad and I dont live in russia just put the location for fun, could have been mozambique. But I have visit russia long time ago, very beautiful place actually

Aha. Yes, that is right. Like with anything else here in life.

If the Arab countries just had as serious and good football federations as Western Europe we would be performing much better. Look at the amount of internationally known European players of Arab descent playing for European national football teams.

Let alone the dozens of Arab Latin Americans on the Brazilian, Chilean, Argentine etc. national football teams throughout history.

Aha. Which neighborhood are you from in Baghdad if I may ask and do you live in Baghdad or abroad?

Goals from KSA - China 2-1.

Last edited:
Aha. Yes, that is right. Like with anything else here in life.

If the Arab countries just had as serious and good football federations as Western Europe we would be performing much better. Look at the amount of internationally known European players of Arab descent playing for European national football teams.

Let alone the dozens of Arab Latin Americans on the Brazilian, Chilean, Argentine etc. national football teams throughout history.

Aha. Which neighborhood are you from in Baghdad if I may ask and do you live in Baghdad or abroad?

Goals from KSA - China 2-1.

It takes time, we need to be more professional in every area to get where Europe and latin america are at the moment.

Used to live in Harthie in Baghdad now its more known as the green zone

Back to topic, from yesterdays matches:

Iraq-Uzbekistan 2-1
Iran-Australia 0-1
China-Saudi Arabia 1-2
Kuwait-Japan 1-1

If Kuwait or Iran wants to make it true the groupstage, they need to win the match against eachother and hopes that Japan doesnt win against Australia.

Todays matches:

N.Korea - UAE
Jordan-Myanmar
Syria-Yemen
Oman-S.Korea

N.Korea -UAE 0-0
Jordan - Myanmar 6-1
Syria - Yemen 1-0
Oman - S.Korea 0-2

UAE,Syria and Jordan made it true from group stage while the host country Oman is out with only 3p in 3 games

Todays games:

Iran - Kuwait
Australia - Japan
Saudi Arabia - Uzbekistan
Iraq - China

Iran - Kuwait 3-1
Australia - Japan 0-4 !
Saudi Arabia - Uzbekistan 1-0
Iraq - China 1- 0

Teams that made it true the group stage: Jordan, S.Korea, Syria, UAE, Australia, Japan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia

First in there group : Jordan, Syria, Australia, Iraq
Second in there group: S.Korea, UAE, Japan, Saudi Arabia

Iraq is the only team in the tournement that took 9p of 9! Proud of our boys

Did not watch any of the matches but happy for Iraq.

KSA won so they are through while Iran is out.:yay:

Don't know anything about Australia's youth teams but their senior team is strong or at least used to be that not long ago.

I fancy either UAE or Japan to win it all although this is bound in nothing more than a feeling since I am yet to watch a single match from this tournament and I have no idea about the teams qualities.

Did not watch any of the matches but happy for Iraq.

KSA won so they are through while Iran is out.:yay:

Don't know anything about Australia's youth teams but their senior team is strong or at least used to be that not long ago.

I fancy either UAE or Japan to win it all although this is bound in nothing more than a feeling since I am yet to watch a single match from this tournament and I have no idea about the teams qualities.

Dont know much about UAE, but im with you on Japan. If Iraq makes it true the quarters then im almost sure we will win the cup. But these japanese are some fast kids with great technique and will make it hard for us

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom