What's new

The Best Missile of 21st Century

I think LGM-30 Minuteman is the best ICBM.
Weight 78,000 lb (35,300 kg)
Length 59 ft 9.5 in (18.2 m)
Diameter 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m) (1st stage)
Warhead a Nuclear warhead W62, W78, or (2006–) W87
Detonation
mechanism Air Burst
Engine Three solid-propellant rocket motors; first stage – Thiokol TU-122 (M-55); second stage – Aerojet-General SR-19-AJ-1; third stage – Aerojet/Thiokol SR73-AJ/TC-1
Operational
range 8,100 (Exact is Classified) miles (13,000 km)
Flight altitude 700 miles (1,120 kilometers)
Speed Approximately 15,000 mph (Mach 23, or 24,100 km/h, or 7 km/s) (terminal phase)
Guidance
system Inertial
Accuracy 200 m CEP
Launch
platform Missile Silo(MLCC)

isn,t ur directors go nuts these days making clams one after another????????????? why are they making fool of there country????????? firstly one guy claming to be superpower of missile tech in five years and now another clams to have best missile of 21st century....... never heard US Russia claming that about there missiles to be best of century:no:

Calm down... no one is being fooled.... at least not in "India"... in India we don't blindly believe whatever the govt wants us to believe.

India's efforts in making an 5k missile is appreciated,
but claims like these will make Bharat a clown.

I am also preety surprised to hear such false claims........that's why i started this thread

AGNI-V is best missile in its respective category but was truly not best of all......

I am also preety surprised to hear such false claims........that's why i started this thread

AGNI-V is best missile in its respective categery but was truly not best of all......

I would agree that AGNI 5 is the best missile INDIA has ever made,
but on what account did you say tha Agni 5 was best in its catagory?
There simply isnt much details available to make such a claim,is there?

I would agree that AGNI 5 is the best missile INDIA has ever made,
but on what account did you say tha Agni 5 was best in its catagory?
There simply isnt much details available to make such a claim,is there?

we all are in illusions by our respective govt.....no country leaks its actual specifications of its missiles.
Acc. to reports Agni 5 uses truly advance technology that made this better in its category...
its navigation system,ring gyro system & angle of cep are appreciatable features.

Acc. to reports Agni 5 uses truly advance technology that made this better in its category...
its navigation system,ring gyro system & angle of cep are appreciatable features.

How you know those things are "best in their class" when we don't what kinda systems other missiles are carrying?

R-36
Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb)
Warhead Three stage fission-fusion-fission, over 20 Mt of TNT
Operational
range 10,200–16,000 km (depending on R-36M missile variants)
Accuracy 220–700 m CEP (depending on R-36M missile variants)

VS:lol:

Agni-V
Agni_V_Launch.jpg

I am sure it's the best of it's kind in the world...:girl_wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways my favourite missile is this.

R-36M2 Voevoda

Nuclear capable

Speed : Mach 25

Warheads : up to 10

Penetration aids : 40

Range : 16,000 km with single warhead and 11,000 km with MIRV.

Warhead yield : 0.8 MT

r36m2mw.jpg

118705532012051009463846.jpg

R-36
Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb)
Warhead Three stage fission-fusion-fission, over 20 Mt of TNT
Operational
range 10,200–16,000 km (depending on R-36M missile variants)
Accuracy 220–700 m CEP (depending on R-36M missile variants)

VS:lol:

Agni-V
Agni_V_Launch.jpg

I am sure it's the best of it's kind in the world...:girl_wacko:

U r overplaying it:lol:

lol......u r comparing a 5000+km missile with 10,000-16,000km missile..

Just wait for Surya ICBM(16,000+).It will surely Hurt our Allies Too

How you know those things are "best in their class" when we don't what kinda systems other missiles are carrying?

That was learned by maintaning standards...

I have seen this many time, instead of saying one of the best, we say best. These are not accurate statement and worse some Indians fall for it. The missile has only done one test and not even inducted. Also US is way ahead of anyone in this game and them comes Russia and China.

21sd1.jpg

GWALIOR:Defence Research and Development Organisation Director General Vijay Kumar Saraswat on Friday said the Agni-V missile, which took 30 years to be developed, was the best such thing in the 21st century.

Agni-V is an intercontinental ballistic missile developed by the DRDO. It is part of the Agni series of missiles, one of the missile systems under the original Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme.

At a felicitation function at ITM University in Gwalior, Saraswat said the making of the missile had become possible because of the support and cooperation of people like former prime minister late Indira Gandhi and former scientific advisor A P J Abdul Kalam

"Such people had great vision and this helped in the successful making of the missile," he said.

The DRDO director general said the making of the missile had given him happiness and satisfaction and induced hope that challenges of the future would be met successfully.

The missile could not have been made without the work done by young scientists who were full of self-confidence, he said.

He thanked the university for felicitating him in the city of his Birth.

On the occasion, Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt said the development in the country should be done on the lines of Japan and Germany.

Agni-V to Be Best Missile of 21st Century: DRDO Chief | news.outlookindia.com

Wo to forum rules ka khayal hai warna dil barke ke gali dene ka man kar raha hai tum kaise logon ko.

Paoon zameen pe nahi hote, duniyadari ke samjha nahi hai kuch bhi post karte ho, bad main post mazak hi banti hai. Best my foot.

Its very typical of them so don't be surprised if you hear such claim from them in the future as well. We Pakistanis have already become used to hearing such claims from them and their media.

China has much better missile probably, but they don't even talk about it...
the whole point is to let your enemy know you have something, but after that keep your mouth shut.
don't say stuff like it is best thing in the 21st century.

Back
Top Bottom