What's new

The Bara sit in/protest at the Peshawar Governor House

Bara is a lawless area with people carrying, making and selling illegal weapons.

This is all thanks to an outdated, stone age legal system called "FCR" or Frontier Crimes Regulations.

The FATA concept itself is now obsolete.

FATA and FCR must be dissolved immediately and all these areas including BARA should be under the control of Peshwar government.

All the laws of KPK government should apply to tribals.

You can't have lawless tribal system and then come to Peshawar and make demands from a government that you do not care or recognize its laws.

It is like a guy runs the red light all his life,

but then his brother gets killed by someone running the red light, so he comes to the governer house and demand justice.

What kind of $tupid logic is that?

You violate and mock all the laws of land, and then when you suffer, you say apply all the laws of land on your enemy tribe?

We are short changing these poor tribals by not enforcing the law on them,

We must end the FATA and FCR system now.

If some tribal agencies do not want to be governed by KPK gov, fine. Make a new province called Khattak province, give them modern assembly, court system, police system, and everything else that rest of the country has but tribals are not given.

If we don't do this, FATA will remain a ditto copy of lawless tribal areas like in Afghanistan, Somalia, yemen, Congo, and Sierra leon. And innocent lives like in this case will continue to be lost.

peace

YOU are responsible for the mess and lawlessness NOT FATA neither its people.

FCR has its own merits and demerits anyway that is another debate and need alot of space and time.

this particular case is of killing innocent people in frustration.

if any terrorist/s even used their houses against the forces for launching attacks its not the fault of the people. if i put a gun to your head what will you do ?

Still shame on ANP for using violent tactics on peaceful protesters. I hope this is the starting downfall for them just like Quetta was a downfall for PPP

well I hope so too.

bvnlxj

this is from last day.

Bara is a lawless area with people carrying, making and selling illegal weapons.

This is all thanks to an outdated, stone age legal system called "FCR" or Frontier Crimes Regulations.

The FATA concept itself is now obsolete.

FATA and FCR must be dissolved immediately and all these areas including BARA should be under the control of Peshwar government.

All the laws of KPK government should apply to tribals.

You can't have lawless tribal system and then come to Peshawar and make demands from a government that you do not care or recognize its laws.

It is like a guy runs the red light all his life,

but then his brother gets killed by someone running the red light, so he comes to the governer house and demand justice.

What kind of $tupid logic is that?

You violate and mock all the laws of land, and then when you suffer, you say apply all the laws of land on your enemy tribe?

We are short changing these poor tribals by not enforcing the law on them,

We must end the FATA and FCR system now.

If some tribal agencies do not want to be governed by KPK gov, fine. Make a new province called Khattak province, give them modern assembly, court system, police system, and everything else that rest of the country has but tribals are not given.

If we don't do this, FATA will remain a ditto copy of lawless tribal areas like in Afghanistan, Somalia, yemen, Congo, and Sierra leon. And innocent lives like in this case will continue to be lost.

peace

FCR is extremely outdated and should be finished. I don't know why its still in place.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not entirely sure, but apparently the people of FATA don't want to be a part of KPK.

It's even hard to see whats really going on. With all kinds of terrorists groups operating in there, its possible they might have done the attack wearing stolen uniforms. But the army should launch an investigation and punish those involved if they are found guilty.

journalists are not allowed... they dont get the permit to enter.. unknown journalists may risk at their own... but those who agree to army's version to propagate get protection...

Pure lies by you and may be your political links.

we dont need any permit to enter FATA. if you want come over we will carry you to the area.

nobody here in kpk cares for army version the media is too much vibrant and bold here. once you come back from FATA it depends upon you to air and publish all details no army can interfer.

the journalists here are more free than those in Karachi. we dont have any MQM here.

FCR is extremely outdated and should be finished. I don't know why its still in place.

will comment in details later.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not entirely sure, but apparently the people of FATA don't want to be a part of KPK.

the politicians dont want that and the powerful figures in FATA since they will lose seats as independent candidates and will fail to do bargaining with parties.

It's even hard to see whats really going on. With all kinds of terrorists groups operating in there, its possible they might have done the attack wearing stolen uniforms. But the army should launch an investigation and punish those involved if they are found guilty.

thats the version of FC as well but again there need a thorough investigation and army should address the victims.

The Govt. & their allies have totally & completely failed to deliver. Yesterday night we saw the corrupt power of ANP by attacking these poor innocent people.

I will put a huge question mark on Gen. Kayani's honesty to Pakistan.

Pure lies by you and may be your political links.

we dont need any permit to enter FATA. if you want come over we will carry you to the area.

nobody here in kpk cares for army version the media is too much vibrant and bold here. once you come back from FATA it depends upon you to air and publish all details no army can interfer.

the journalists here are more free than those in Karachi. we dont have any MQM here.

Yes the locals dont need permit but as you said it yourself I will need you to carry me on in that area. hence I am not even allowed to enter at my own.

The Govt. & their allies have totally & completely failed to deliver. Yesterday night we saw the corrupt power of ANP by attacking these poor innocent people.

I will put a huge question mark on Gen. Kayani's honesty to Pakistan.

dude he is a servant of the defence department... what are you talking about?

Yes the locals dont need permit but as you said it yourself I will need you to carry me on in that area. hence I am not even allowed to enter at my own.

?

:what: i was saying because you might need a guide.

anyone can go there if he/she has guts to venture out in a hostile land.
Nobody needs permit except foreigners who need valid documents to travel within Pakistan like other areas

Political forces pledge support to beleaguered tribesmen

PESHAWAR:
With beleaguered tribesmen feeling increasingly ostracized by military operations in the tribal belt, political parties on Wednesday jumped in to pledge support for their tribulations.

Leaders of major political forces, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PMAP), Muttahida Qabail Party, along with representatives of the ruling Awami National Party (ANP) expressed solidarity with protesters, who brought with them 15 bodies of their loved ones allegedly killed by security forces, at the sit-in outside Governor House.

The mutilated bodies were recovered from the Alam Gudar area of Bara, Khyber Agency, Tuesday evening. The bodies of a woman and two children killed in the incident were, however, not brought to the sit-in.

The initial participants who started marching towards the Governor House consisted mainly of tribesmen from Khyber Agency. But a large number of people, including activists of political parties, later joined the protest. The number of people at the convention soon swelled to at least 2,500.

Heavy contingents of police personnel were deployed in the area and the main Sher Shah Suri Road from FC Chowk till the provincial assembly was blocked for all traffic.

Leaders of different political parties and tribal elders lashed out against the military for not being able to protect the lives of innocent citizens.

Provincial chief of JI, Professor Muhammad Ibrahim, blamed the army for continuing with a “useless” military operation, which he said “failed to produce any results.”

Appealing to the masses to take part in the sit-in protest, he said the president and army chief were fully responsible for the injustices borne by the tribal people. “Our FIR is against General Kayani.”

Ibrahim lauded the tribesmen for finally breaking their silence.

Former JI senator and a vocal activist against military operation in tribal areas, Haji Muhammad Shah, appeared visibly distraught.
“Tribal people have rendered tremendous sacrifices for the creation of this country and have been protecting its borders for decades. Now the same people are being victimised by their own security forces,” said the former lawmaker with a quiver in his voice.

About the duration of the sit-in, Shah said the “the tribal elders will decide how long they are going to stay here.”
Former nazim of Bara, Subhat Khan Afridi said all steps had been taken for a prolonged sit-in and they would continue their protest till their demands were met.

JUI-F’s provincial spokesperson Abdul Jalil Jan and district chief of the party for Peshawar Qari Rafiq Shah demanded the resignation of the K-P governor.

PMAP’s provincial president Mukhtar Yousafzai went as far as terming military operations in tribal areas a “conspiracy” against Pukhtuns. He added the areas inhabited by Pukhtuns had been turned into a battleground.

“Pakistan claims it is militarily the most powerful and the 7th greatest atomic power of the world. Why has it failed to achieve peace in the tribal area, for the past 10 years?”

PTI leader Iqbal Afridi criticised the media for highlighting the Alamdar Road sit-in against the killing of Hazaras in Quetta, but not lending an ear to their miseries.

Afridi said military operations were not the solution to the problem and they have repeatedly voiced their concerns to government officials, but to no avail.

“The government should adopt the option of talks with militants for the sake of saving civilians,” he urged.

ANP General Secretary Abdul Wahid said tribal people have their own jirga to resolve issues. “These incidents will not bear any fruit for the government and people. Rather, they will increase violence.”

Former senator Nasir Khan said lawmakers need to take up these issues in the parliament in order to avoid ‘collateral damage’ and death of civilians. “They only come before the elections to get votes. After they win, they go back to enjoy their luxurious lives,” he said.

Protesters also chanted slogans against the government and elected MNA from Khyber Agency, Hameedullah Jan Afridi.

Sit-in protest: Political forces pledge support to beleaguered tribesmen – The Express Tribune

1. Stone age FATA and FCR system is in place mainly because of couple of things.
--- A. Top people in FATA are abusing this system to milk millions of tax payer rupees from federal government
--- B. Ordinary tribal is too stubborn to see that FCR is obsolete and there must be a grass root movement for the abolition of this draconian system.

2. Fine. if FATA doesn't want to be part of KPK, fine!
Make one or two new provinces. Name them Khushahal Khan Khattak province or Afridi/Waziri province. But for cyrin out loud, end the injustice in the name of maintaining FCR. End it!

3. 1000s of tribals have been killed all thanks to the lawlessness in the name of FCR. These innocent 18 are just a new but sad chapter in the long book of stone age region called FATA.

peace

:
anyone can go there if he/she has guts to venture out in a hostile [FATA] land.

This is precisely the problem at the core of tribal system my dear dear poster. This is the problem.

If a tribal can come to Punjab or Sindh, buy/rent a house, send kids to local school, start a business, then why on earth, an Urdu speaking Muhajir cannot go to tribal area, buy/rent a house, send kids to local school, start a business etc.

Why?

Because tribal system and traditions are outdated. FCR has kept them locked into stone age for the last 60 years.

And when someone asks to abolish this pathetic copy of African tribal ways, the strangest thing is that educated people from KPK come to defend it by hook or crook.

And that's where the disease of lawlessness is. In the minds of educated and schooled defenders of FCR and a FATA system only equalled by primitive tribals from Africa.

peace

1. Stone age FATA and FCR system is in place mainly because of couple of things.
--- A. Top people in FATA are abusing this system to milk millions of tax payer rupees from federal government
--- B. Ordinary tribal is too stubborn to see that FCR is obsolete and there must be a grass root movement for the abolition of this draconian system.

2. Fine. if FATA doesn't want to be part of KPK, fine!
Make one or two new provinces. Name them Khushahal Khan Khattak province or Afridi/Waziri province. But for cyrin out loud, end the injustice in the name of maintaining FCR. End it!

3. 1000s of tribals have been killed all thanks to the lawlessness in the name of FCR. These innocent 18 are just a new but sad chapter in the long book of stone age region called FATA.

peace
the status quo needs to change, but because its Pakistan-nothing will change even if its for the interest of the country.

:what: i was saying because you might need a guide.

anyone can go there if he/she has guts to venture out in a hostile land.
Nobody needs permit except foreigners who need valid documents to travel within Pakistan like other areas

come on yar.... do ask someone...one cannot enter..

atleast my experience was like this.

Back
Top Bottom