What's new

The Ababeel missile is basically Pakistan's new SLV

What's the big rush? Pakistan's SLV program must make economic sense and not be driven by national pride alone.

Pakistan's Nominal GDP was $270 billion in 2015 - SLV program should kick off properly once GDP touches the $500 billion mark in my humble opinion. It's not like Pakistan is developing satellites in the dozens each year at the moment and desparetly requires an indigenous SLV as soon as possible.

In the next fifteen years Pakistan will continue to meet all challenges in the defence of the motherland. One may see great progress in the manufacture of most sophisticated submarines capable of ensuring Pakistan’s second strike capability. In addition to these achievements big strides are expected in the conquest of space. The design technology of satellites for different applications has already been achieved and demonstrated. More satellites are expected to be launched in the coming years. With the acquisition of capability of our own satellite launch systems, our country would become a full-fledged power in space technology.

http://hilal.gov.pk/index.php/layouts/item/2496-pakistan-by-2030?tmpl=component&print=1

@TheDeterrent
Do you really think that? If you look at similar systems around the world, Brazil's VLM Nova, China's KZ-1 and KZ-11 and Israel's Shavit - II they all follow a similar cost sharing/cost effective approach vis-a-vis missiles/SLV. Also the Ababeel should be able to lift more than 100 kg, minimum 150 - 200 kg esp with a liquid upper stage. I agree that a liquid system like India's PSLV or China's Long March lift heavier payloads but I can't see Pakistan embarking on a costly program like that! I guess one option would be something like Argentina's Tronador-II program but that would take many years of development and isn't really modular or scalable.

I guess one option would be to host China's Naga-L rocket. But that's not really an indigenous solution. http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/China/Naga-L/Description/Frame.htm

Or maybe Turkey's UFS (which looks like Vega???) http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/Rest_World/UFS/Description/Frame.htm
india haven't got MRV TEC

india haven't got MRV TEC
If had been living under a rock for last few years ISRO has been inserting 10s of satellite in precise orbits in a single launch. Now you can join the dots. Better lift capacity, accurate payload release capability. And we also happen to have the biggest and the most powerful solid rocket motor in the subcontinent.

hmm what is SLV? :S

The Satellite Launch Vehicle (Hindi: उपग्रह प्रक्षेपण यान), or SLV was a project started in the early 1970s by the Indian Space Research Organisation to develop the technology needed to launch satellites. The project was headed by APJ Abdul Kalam. SLV was intended to reach a height of 400 km and carry a payload of 40 kg.[1][needs update]The first experimental flight of SLV-3, in August 1979, was a failure.[2]

It was a four-stage rocket with all solid-propellant motors.[2]

The first launch of the SLV took place in Sriharikota on 10 August 1979. The fourth and final launch of the SLV took place on 17 April 1983.
Launch History
All four SLV launches occurred from the SLV Launch Pad at the Sriharikota High Altitude Range.

Turkey is working on a SLV currently, would be excellent opportunity for both countries to co-operate..

what is new in this launcher concept?

Kid you still smell new. Let me help you with this,never bring a source to a discussion which can be edited by any joe with an internet connection. You can Narnia to the list if you want.
Then you should go there write ur country name then comment

It is possible according to this progression:
AtlasV_big.jpg

It is definitely possible infact India's first SLV was a single solid stage rocket later Agni I derived from it.

aslv.jpg

Last edited:
What's the big rush? Pakistan's SLV program must make economic sense and not be driven by national pride alone.

Pakistan's Nominal GDP was $270 billion in 2015 - SLV program should kick off properly once GDP touches the $500 billion mark in my humble opinion. It's not like Pakistan is developing satellites in the dozens each year at the moment and desparetly requires an indigenous SLV as soon as possible.
LOL, we know thats not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom