What's new

The 35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World

What about 1971?

And anyway, of course these rankings don't take into account operational preparedness or the quality of assets merely outright numbers.

Still a long time ago.

I would love it if military intellectuals produced rankings taking this into consideration.

Nuclear weapon and missiles also not taken into account.....
Nuclear warheads are taken into account but not ICBMs or even non-nuclear LRCMs. But this is an incredibly oversimplified ranking system as I have pointed out- purely taking into account numbers and not quality of these assets is pretty flawed IMHO but such a ranking system would be prohibitively complex and would rely on a more subjective analysis. I guess a ranking system based on pure numbers is easier and less controversial to compile .

Still a long time ago.

I would love it if military intellectuals produced rankings taking this into consideration.

They would have come up with the same countries - at least for the top ten, the rest will fluctuate.

Nuclear warheads are taken into account but not ICBMs or even non-nuclear LRCMs. But this is an incredibly oversimplified ranking system as I have pointed out- purely taking into account numbers and not quality of these assets is pretty flawed IMHO but such a ranking system would be prohibitively complex and would rely on a more subjective analysis. I guess a ranking system based on pure numbers is easier and less controversial to compile .

Absolutely..... You cannot rate Egypt Higher than Pakistan (only based on higher number of tanks and aircrafts)for example.

Absolutely..... You cannot rate Egypt Higher than Pakistan (only based on higher number of tanks and aircrafts)for example.
I was rather surprised at Pakistan's lowly ranking but I don't know how much weight they put on conventional military forces and how much weight being nuclear armed carried in this tally (if at all).

Business insider did take into account a lot of other aspects. Is this list similar to the global firepower list?

The economic aspect and capability to sustain a duration of war also need to be taken into consideration.

I was rather surprised at Pakistan's lowly ranking but I don't know how much weight they put on conventional military forces and how much weight being nuclear armed carried in this tally (if at all).

Though they mentioned it in the list, the ranking doesnt give an impression of any significant consideration......

jyada popcorn mat kha. it has a high glycemic index i.e- 95.
btw ek doubt tha.
Which is the most commonly # bone in pagets ds?
1.pelvis
2. tibia

maheswari mein likha hai pelvis, but notes mein likha hai tibia.

Pelvis is the winner...

Though they mentioned it in the list, the ranking doesnt give an impression of any significant consideration......

Agreed, it doesn't seem like they gave nuclear capabilities much significance on the rankings although listed as a category it seems this is very much about conventional firepower.

Business insider did take into account a lot of other aspects. Is this list similar to the global firepower list?
I believe this is identical to the global firepower list (a list I don't place much trust in).

The economic aspect and capability to sustain a duration of war also need to be taken into consideration.

Very true, but again, the calculations for this would be very complex and time consuming and open to bias/interpretation.

Agreed, it doesn't seem like they gave nuclear capabilities much significance on the rankings although listed as a category it seems this is very much about conventional firepower.

That makes this list useless.....

Good to see that their are many Asian countries in top 20 . This shows that future belongs to Asians.

@Abingdonboy Don,t you think India have Highest Men Available fit for Military sevice As India is 70% consists of youths

Good to see that their are many Asian countries in top 20 . This shows that future belongs to Asians.

But sadly the west operates as a single unit while we all fight with one another.

I believe this is identical to the global firepower list (a list I don't place much trust in).

Very true, but again, the calculations for this would be very complex and time consuming and open to bias/interpretation.

Yes, the global firepower list was total crap.

But sadly the west operates as a single unit while we all fight with one another.

We all are young compared to western countries..they have also fought many wars to settle their disputes ,Surely time will bring maturity in our side of world.

Back
Top Bottom