What's new

The 25 Countries With The Most Brainpower

You did not provide any proof. You only posted an article by an American who is jealous about Chinese success.

Is this your logic to deny it.
panlol.gif

without data, all this BS is just an another opinion.

Find 1 million ppl you'll have 1 million different opions depending he/she likes, including lying ones like yours.

Speak with PISA score hard data, put up or $hut up.

Why wasn't the PISA scores of rural China published. :eek:

Why wasn't the PISA scores of rural China published. :eek:

Because Shanghai was the official entry. Every country is free to choose the state/city to participate. India chose one of your strongest state with 100% school enrollment, Tamil Nadu, yet it came in last. And India completely pulled out of PISA test, LOL, LOL, LOL.

(China rural province actually volunteered for test yet it scored OECD average)

Last edited:
Because Shanghai was the official entry. Every country is free to choose the state/city to participate. China rural province actually volunteered for test yet it scored OECD average.

Your tamil Nadu with 100% school enrollment came in last, LOL.

But you claimed they are chosen randomly.

But you claimed they are chosen randomly.

Low IQ indian, each country select the city/state to participate, but the
"Schools are randomly selected for participation......and the selection of schools and students is kept as inclusive as possible, so that the sample of students comes from a broad range of backgrounds and abilities"
http://www.oecd.org/pisa/faqoecdpisa.htm

One indication that Indians are not too bright is evident in this thread.

Hafizzz pretty much trolls by starting threads.

Every Chinese pretty much comes here to troll.

So what's the rational response? Post what have you to say and leave.

@INDIC : thanks for the link.

As to you @Fattyacids , I can only say that ignoring facts that show China in a bad light and boosting facts from selected incompetent Western researchers only reveals your own IQ level, in short marks you as nothing but a juvenile --a fanboy. Chinese always copy past articles to prove their point. Rather come up with a proper refutation --about what I said regarding Richard Lynn's methods. I am willing to bet you never even bothered to look up IQ and the wealth of nations.

So i guess there is no need of posting any further info on why the PISA test is invalid in India. Your primitive cranium probably doesn't stock enough grey matter to take it all in , let alone formulate a response.

And just to highlight your ignorance ---Again I am guessing you copy pasted the first Google Article you could find --picked out the name Tamil Nadu. It was 2 states --Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh who participated in the survey and PISA questions were more of a general knowledge type with proper mathematical calculations , logical reasoning limited to minimum. Don't expect Indian students to know about Glaciers or Autobahns but they will woop the collective international *** in Permutations and Combinations, Differential Calculus etc -- Now that's what we call real technical education.

All PISA proves that the majority of Grads in places like Hong Kong / Shanghai / Singapore will end up with useless degrees like English Literature , World History etc. which the Indian education machine will continue to roll out lakhs of Engineers , Doctors , Phd's ( pure science grads ) etc ...so essential to nation building.

So kid , i guess i burnt your *** a lot , I 'm gonna give you a respite . Don't be sore :P

due to lack of education still harming south asian countries we are faar behind in brilliance.but we can have a list on duffers asians and current arabs will have a tough fight in winning the title

http:// sg finance yahoo com /news/25-countries-most-brainpower-211349685.html

Which country has the largest stock of brilliant people ? The answer to this question depends in part on raw brainpower, but also on the size of a country.

Exclusively for Business Insider, Dr. Jonathan Wai , a Duke University Talent Identification Program research scientist and psychologist, compiled a new ranking of countries based on scores on the 2009 PISA assessment , which tests reading, math, and science competency in 15-year-olds.

Multiple researchers have found that these tests, administered by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), are a good measure of "g," or general intelligence.

In our list, the rank order is based on two things. First, we identified the average percentage of teenagers in each country who achieved the top score of six on math or verbal tests (globally, around the 98th percentile). Second, we cross-referenced this percentage with population to estimate the number of brilliant people per country.

This provides a new way of looking at the raw brainpower of each country, not counting the significant effects of immigration and emigration.

If you looked only at average scores, you’d find the U.S. is only ranked 24th, near the middle of the pack. But if you then take into account the high-scoring right tail and population, the U.S. is not doing so bad.

Note that we're not including China on this list. Not every student in China was assessed, but only a few cities. And the result was that Shanghai in particular was a large outlier. Shanghai represents a tiny fraction of China's population, is a migration hub that attracts elites, and is much wealthier than the country as a whole. 84% of Shanghai's high school students go to college, while 24% do nationwide. Parents in Shanghai also spend a great deal of money on external tutoring, which an average worker couldn't afford.

It's not representative of China as a whole.

If Shanghai were included on its own, it would rank third on this list. If the scores in China as a whole were even near the international average, the country as a whole would rank first, given the sheer size of the population.

Below are the countries with the most brain power, noting the average percentage getting the top score on PISA tests, and the the estimated number of brilliant people.

#1 The United States
On average, 1.7% scored at elite levels
5,336,300 brilliant people estimated

#2 Japan On average, 4.05% scored at elite levels
5,167,800 brilliant people estimated

#3 South Korea

On average, 4.40% scored at elite levels
2,200,000 brilliant people estimated

#4 Germany On average, 2.60% scored at elite levels
2,129,140 brilliant people estimated

#5 France On average, 2.20 % scored at elite levels
1,445,400 brilliant people estimated

#6 Taiwan On average, 5.85 % scored at elite levels
1,365,390 brilliant people estimated

#7 Canada On average, 3.10 % scored at elite levels
1,081,280 brilliant people estimated

#8 Russia On average, 0.65% scored at elite levels
932,750 brilliant people estimated

#9 The United Kingdom On average, 1.4% scored at elite levels
885,220 brilliant people estimated

#10 Australia On average, 3.3 % scored at elite levels
748,440 brilliant people estimated

#11 Italy On average, 1% scored at elite levels
609,200 brilliant people estimated

#12 Poland On average, 1.45% scored at elite levels
558,830 brilliant people estimated

#13 Singapore On average, 9.10% scored at elite levels
483,392 brilliant people estimated

#14 Turkey On average, 0.65 % scored at elite levels
481,000 brilliant people estimated

#15 Hong Kong On average, 6.00% scored at elite levels
429,300 brilliant people estimated

#16 The Netherlands
On average, 2.55% scored at elite levels
427,635 brilliant people estimated

#17 Belgium On average, 3.45% scored at elite levels
384,330 brilliant people estimated

#18 Spain On average, 0.75% scored at elite levels
354,525 brilliant people estimated
Average score ranking: 35

#19 Switzerland On average, 4.25% scored at elite levels
339,873 brilliant people estimated

#20 Brazil On average, 0.10% scored at elite levels
198,700 brilliant people estimated

#21 The Czech Republic On average, 1.80% scored at elite levels
189,180 brilliant people estimated

#22 New Zealand On average, 4.1% scored at elite levels
181,753 brilliant people estimated

#23 Sweden On average, 1.90% scored at elite levels
180,823 brilliant people estimated

#24 Finland On average, 3.25% scored at elite levels
175,955 brilliant people estimated

#25 Austria
On average, 1.7% scored at elite levels
143,854 brilliant people estimated

we pakistani are the best & we can beat any one in any field. btw this list has been made by goofs.

I dont believe in this list....because i dont see India in the list
icon_evil.gif
................Its completely made up and false.
rotfl.gif
:....................

But then i guess its high time the Indian educational council brought in a better syllabus.They only know how to make students slog( i have never used things like triple integration after 1st sem of engineering.).i hope this is their wake up call.
lol the educational system of india and Pak is from the 20 century

lol the educational system of india and Pak is from the 20 century

I dont agree completely.
The education system is improving just that kids are still made to slog.
For example what i had studied in mathematics in 12th grade was far tougher than my engineering mathematics.Its not needed.
Our education system is like a bird without wings. 
One indication that Indians are not too bright is evident in this thread.

Hafizzz pretty much trolls by starting threads.

Every Chinese pretty much comes here to troll.

So what's the rational response? Post what have you to say and leave.

Mr.Nair i pretty much agree to what you had to say except the first line in your post.

Last edited:
A bird without wings is a dinosaurs.

Are you saying your education system is a dinosaurs?

That's not very nice.

Back
Top Bottom