What's new

The 2010 FIFA World Cup!

Final is always a different ball game with a different tempo. The Dutch are undefeated since 2008 and they are the only side in this tournament with such record. We are expecting a good final.

i dont know, perhaps bad luck. hope the dutch are unlucky this time. :flame::flame:

Even if dutch loses i am okay, coz im the only one rooted for them in this forum. Atleast they reached finals unlike Brasil and Argentina.

Spain-Netherlands: First-time winner coming

By BARRY WILNER, AP Sports Writer jul 7, 18:21 EDT

JOHANNESBURG (AP)—The first World Cup in Africa appropriately presents something new: Spain or the Netherlands as a first-time champion.

The Spaniards and Dutch will meet Sunday at Soccer City after winning tight semifinals. It’s the first final for the Spaniards, who broke a 44-year major championships drought when they won the European crown two years ago.

For the Dutch, its a third trip to the title game, having lost in 1974 and ’78. The nations never have met in a World Cup and have split nine games 4-4 with one draw.
ADVERTISEMENT

Spain is a 1-2 favorite to win the final, according to BetUS.

Both teams rolled into this tournament with long streaks of success, and the Netherlands’ string remains intact: 25 matches without a loss and 10 straight victories, including all six in South Africa, the only team to manage that.

“We know we can play football,” captain Giovanni van Bronckhorst said. “To be mentally strong is now most important.”

Mentally fragile has been the World Cup description for both nations. The Dutch in particular regularly have wasted their deep pool of soccer talent by going out early in big events since the loss to Argentina in the 1978 final. They won the ’88 European Championship and fell to Brazil in the World Cup semifinals 10 years later.

Other than that, it’s pretty much been rotten Oranje.

Spain didn’t even do as well at the Netherlands, consistently flopping in the biggest moments. But the so-called golden generation for La Roja has changed the team’s direction, and it showed in particular Wednesday night against Germany.

No team was more dominant in this World Cup than the Germans, yet they played conservatively, even a bit timidly when faced with David Villa, Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso and the rest of the Spaniards. So Spain controlled the match, finally breaking through on Carles Puyol’s header goal—you can bet Germany wasn’t prepared for a defender to provide the only offense.

“The group deserves this but we want more,” said Spain striker David Villa, who is tied with Netherlands playmaker Wesley Sneijder for the tournament scoring lead at five goals each. “We are happy to be in the final, that was our objective, but now we want to be champions.”

To be champions, the Spaniards will need to shut down the Dutch the way they did the Germans, who lead the tournament with 13 goals. Sneijder, Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie, Dirk Kuyt and the rest of the Oranje have 12 goals and can crush opponents when given room to create.

But so can the Spanish, the best passing team in the world; yes, even better than Brazil.

Don’t look for counterattacks Sunday. The Dutch will build their probing offense from goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on out, unafraid to let their somewhat inexperienced keeper begin the passing sequences they favor.

Spain will get the ball to the feet of Iniesta or Xavi, then try to spring Villa or someone else down the wings or in the middle. Long passes will be rare. Shots might be, too.

Goals? Whichever team calms its nerves best should get enough of them to finally carry off the prize.

^^ yes they will lose, i am bribing their players lol.

Watch out for that Heddlu car .LOL

between did you ever go to that mosque en route to city road from cathays. .. I lived nearby that.

Watch out for that Heddlu car .LOL

between did you ever go to that mosque en route to city road from cathays. .. I lived nearby that.

the one on Crwys Road? that is bengali mosque, i been there once. it is not far from police station. you know what, few years back somebody had thrown a bag full of pork inside the mosque. nobody cared what they did, but it showed how some scumbags sprread hatred.

the one on Crwys Road? that is bengali mosque, i been there once. it is not far from police station. you know what, few years back somebody had thrown a bag full of pork inside the mosque. nobody cared what they did, but it showed how some scumbags sprread hatred.

Yes Crwys road it is. There are lots of pubs nearby and infact one on that corner and of course the crwys pub.

I have chased a few white ones who knock on the door and run whenever i blast some heavymetal.

^^^ lol, that area is good, but you still can find crazy individuals.

comments from germany manager about spanish team:

Spain were described as the masters of football after reaching their first World Cup final with a 1-0 victory over Germany.

And the Germany manager, Joachim Löw, was quick to predict Spain would be crowned world champions. "Spain are a wonderful team," he said. "They are the masters of the game. You can see it in every pass. They can hardly be beaten. They are extremely calm and convincing. Spain were just better than we were and they deserved to win.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

That damn octopus predicted Germany will fail and it happened. waiting for his prediction for the final.

Octopus Paul to forecast WC final

Celebrity octopus Paul, who has so far correctly predicted the outcome of all of Germany's games in the 2010 World Cup, will now also forecast the result of the final between Spain and the Netherlands.
According to reports, Paul will also predict the outcome of the third-place playoff game between Germany and Uruguay even though most German fans are angry and some have called for its killing or being thrown into the shark tank at the German aquarium in Oberhausen.
According to a report in a German newspaper, there have been a "host of comments on Facebook, Twitter...suggesting Paul should be fried, barbecued or turned into a seafood salad or paella".

octopuspaul0807_630.jpg

Paul's handlers will follow the routine whereby two boxes, containing his favourite food as well as the flags of the two opposing team, will be lowered into is tank. Whichever box Paul picks food from first will be adjudged the winner.
Paul will first pick the winner of the third-place playoff game before selecting the winner for the final.

:blink::blink::blink:

even though most German fans are angry and some have called for its killing or being thrown into the shark tank at the German aquarium in Oberhausen

hahahahahahahaah, but how can he predict it?

Back
Top Bottom