What's new

The 2010 FIFA World Cup!

this time surely India and Pakistan will make a mark in the world cup,they are the best team in world when it comes to football.
India's current ranking 132 & Pakistan's current ranking 166.i think we need to have world cup's for last 32 team's as well.my god then also India wont qualify.

Pakistan cant even qualify Asia cup, you are talking about World cup :lol:

We provide them Footballs why not use it as the leverage to qualify for worldcup:azn:

Pakistan cant even qualify Asia cup, you are talking about World cup :lol:

We provide them Footballs why not use it as the leverage to qualify for worldcup:azn:

Sorry to burst you bubble but the official Adidas World Cup Ball (Jabulani) is made in China.

You all know the tough process of qualification for World Cup Football. It's too difficult and when the national team of a country qualifies for World Cup Football then the entire nation celebrates the success of their team. If u think that no country from South Asia could ever qualify for World Cup Football. ur wrong. India did qualify for World Cup Football 1950 but did not participate.

1950 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India may have withdrawed due to three reasons

1. India did not have foreign exchange to send its football team to Brazil.
2. Indian players did not have habit of playing with shoes.
3. Indian players were reluctant to make such a long sea voyage.

but the main reason was fifa policy of not allowing barefoot play.

SoccerBlog.com: Trivia: India made it to the 1950 World Cup

Last edited:
by beating syria in 2009 nehru cup India is qualified for the AFC cup....if it wins the AFC cup India will automatically qualified for the world cup..i hope it may happen

by beating syria in 2009 nehru cup India is qualified for the AFC cup....if it wins the AFC cup India will automatically qualified for the world cup..i hope it may happen

no we wont..India have to go through world cup qualification(Asia) stage to qualify to finals of fifa world cup.

I think its a tough call now.

AFC Cup: India in tough group

Grouped with Australia, South Korea and Bahrain

India is seeded 15th ahead of DPR Korea

New Delhi: India was handed the worst possible draw for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup football finals as it was clubbed with Australia, South Korea and Bahrain in Group C at Doha, Qatar on Friday.

India got a tough group featuring Australia and South Korea — two sides which have qualified for 2010 World Cup from Asia — and Bahrain, which just missed out the showpiece event in South Africa via a play-off against New Zealand.

Australia is Asia's highest FIFA ranked side at 19th while South Korea is third highest at 49th besides finishing third in the earlier edition in 2007.

Bahrain is ranked 67th in the world. India was the lowest FIFA ranked side among the 16 teams at 132nd. Host Qatar, which has seeded first, was clubbed in Group A with Kuwait, China and Uzbekistan while defending champion Iraq was placed in Group D along with DPR Korea, Iran and United Arab Emirates. Last edition runner-up Saudi Arabia got the company of Japan, Jordan and Syria.

India was seeded 15th ahead of DPR Korea in the draw ceremony at Aspire Dome in Doha. It was placed in Pot Four along with Syria, Kuwait and DPR Korea.

AFC General Secretary and competition director Zhang Jilong of China conducted the draw of lots.

The 12-member organising committee, headed by Jilong had seeded the 16 teams according to results in AFC Asian Cup 2007 (finals and qualifiers).

The schedule of the tournament will be announced on April 26. — PTI

I think the main hurdle for India and Pakistan to qualify is presented by FIFA itself.

Europe gets 13 places in the world cup, South America has 5 places for 10 nations, yet Asia only has 4.5 places!!! And even worse, they have decided to club Australia with Asia!!!

At this rate, Asian football will never improve while countries like Serbia and Slovenia can qualify at the expense of (arguably) better Asian teams.

No Chance of India playing in Football world cup for the next couple of decades atleast.
Indian Weather and Physique does not permit us to run for 90 Minutes at a streach.

We like easy going games like - Chess ,Golf and the Lazy Cricket.

For this Years world cup My favs would be - Spain or Argentina.

I would want England to win it, but the chances are low.

Only Italians or English this time. wayne rooney going to messed up all the teams dreams. ONLY ENGLAND OR ITALIANO

wayne-rooney-wallpapers-manchester-united-12.jpg

Be careful the storm is coming with Rooney!!!!!!

wayne-rooney-wallpapers-manchester-united-12.jpg

Be careful the storm is coming with Rooney!!!!!!

Yes England is in great form. The way they qualified for world cup is just GREAT.

And i expect this person should be in playing 11. He can help rooney with his marvelous run

theo-walcott-1.jpg

today my friend told me Brazil's Ronaldinho is not going to Play in WC 2010, he is not in the 1st 23rd squad but he will be in 7 reserve Players, that decision was made by Brazil's coach not by BNFA

when i heard that i was like wtf man that coach is nuts

today my friend told me Brazil's Ronaldinho is not going to Play in WC 2010, he is not in the 1st 23rd squad but he will be in 7 reserve Players, that decision was made by Brazil's coach not by BNFA

he is indeed a great player. but sometimes these top players become so unfit and lazy, perhaps it is because of so much attention and fame that they forget about their footbal. Ronaldo and Maradona are other examples of it.

Not really. Ronaldinho doesn't deserve to go to South Africa based on his form this season.

He has also become out of shape. Dunga is trying to instill some work ethic in the team. He knows what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom