What's new

The 2010 FIFA World Cup!

Spain deserves this one. They have been the best international team by far for the past few years. Hoping Xavi and Iniesta show their magic again.

PS: why is this in the 'Cricket' sub-forum?

Defensively vulnerable!!! Forwards are yes nothing less than a catastrophe for opponents

Xavier Mascherano.....Walter Samuels........Gabriel Heinze

Their defense is not too bad. Maybe a bit too solid in that they do not make too many offensive runs.

Their biggest problem is that douchebag Maradona.

And oh, their midfield creative force, Veron, does not inspire too much confidence. Don't know how Messi and all will flourish if they don't get the supply.

Yes if Henry gets 5,6 more handballs un-noticed :rofl::rofl:

Yup, the french don't inspire too much confidence. They have an easy group though.

Brazil are good, but they don't have that spark that the spaniards do IMO.

Their biggest problem is that douchebag Maradona.

Don't know how Messi and all will flourish if they don't get the supply.

Yes maradona will make the difference. Last time when they were eliminated, i think so the fault was with manager. Messi was not in the playing eleven ( he was young at that time, still was performing brilliantly) also i donot remember but few other good players were on the bench.

and Messi need not the supply. He can create opportunities himself. Argentina must reach semi finals. But more than semi final depends on how well they will defend against big teams.

being a liverpool fan i would love to see spain win

and Messi need not the supply. He can create opportunities himself. Argentina must reach semi finals. But more than semi final depends on how well they will defend against big teams.

Veron is not the creative force he once was. Mascherano will provide him the tackling cover, but I don't know how successful that'll be.

Without the supply, Messi will need to drop further and further back, ala Rooney at ManU. That makes him less of a threat.

I expect to see a lot of teams use body strength against Messi. I don't know why, but I do not see him as a potential Golden boot candidate. In fact, I expect either Tevez or Milito to outscore him.

diego-maradona.jpg

1409.gif
Argentina always !!

Bhaichung Bhutia, I have always been a Fan of him..
18bhutia.jpg
Go India.... Even though we wouldnt be playing, we sure would be watching the game..​

Veron is not the creative force he once was. Mascherano will provide him the tackling cover, but I don't know how successful that'll be.

is Veron playing this time ??? :confused: anyways of yes then probably he can bring in some experience and play an architect role .

I expect to see a lot of teams use body strength against Messi. I don't know why, but I do not see him as a potential Golden boot candidate. In fact, I expect either Tevez or Milito to outscore him.

I for one say ..Messi is teh strongest contender for the goldenb boot in this world cup...hope he carries the current form to the world cup...Tevez is also good in forward line but still I see Messi more stronger when it comes to converting them in goals.

is Veron playing this time ??? :confused: anyways of yes then probably he can bring in some experience and play an architect role .

Yup, ever since Riquelme retired, Veron has been filling the role.

I for one say ..Messi is teh strongest contender for the goldenb boot in this world cup...hope he carries the current form to the world cup...Tevez is also good in forward line but still I see Messi more stronger when it comes to converting them in goals.

I disagree. The strongest contender for golden boot is........

David Villa

villaap0204_468x437.jpg

BD-people do not sleep during the Football world cup if the matches aer at night. We love Football very much.

What about India and Pakistan?

Dont know about rest of India but Kolkata is on a high for the entire month..from a 70 year old man to a 10 year old kid.....there is a strong clash of egos between the Brazil and argentina fans..even a son stops talking to his father and brothers have a fight over it..lol.:lol: just like East Bengal and Mohun bagan. :cheers:

@ TS or Mods - can you add a poll for the team who will win the world cup...this will make it more interesting..

Riquelme has not retired the moron Maradona has not selected him, and they think he has cut down on the weed. Argentina seriously lack a creative midfielder with a dominating presence in the middle like Xavi does for Spain and Gerrard for England. Masechrano is not creative he's just a ball winner and it has been evident from Messi's recent International performances that he needs someone needs to be pulling the strings in midfield for him to strive. Riquelme would have been perfect in this position but.......... Anyways i do not believe Argentina will go very far in this world cup. Simmilarly i believe Brazil are not the force in world football they used to be and wouldn't go past the quarter final stage this year.

Spain Squad for the world cup

Final Roster
Goalkeepers

Casillas, Iker Real Madrid (Spain)
Reina, Pepe Liverpool (England)
Valdés, Victor Barcelona (Spain)

Defenders

Albiol, Raúl Real Madrid (Spain)
Arbeloa, Álvaro Real Madrid (Spain)
Capdevilla, Joan Villareal (Spain)
Marchena, Carlos Valenca (Spain)
Piqué, Gerard Barcelona (Spain)
Puyol, Carles Barcelona (Spain)
Ramos, Sergio Real Madrid (Spain)

Midfielders

Alonso, Xavi Real Madrid (Spain)
Busquets, Sergio Barcelona (Spain)
Fàbregas, Cesc Arsenal (England)
Hernández, Xavi Barcelona (Spain)
Iniesta, Andrés Barcelona (Spain)
Martínez, Javi Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
Mata, Juan Valencia (Spain)
Navas, Jesus Sevilla (Spain)
Rodríguez, Pedro Barcelona (Spain)
Silva, David Valencia (Spain)

Forwards

Llorente, Fernando Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
Torres, Fernando Liverpool (England)
Villa, David Barcelona (Spain)

Back
Top Bottom