What's new

The 11 most powerful militaries in the world

Man i know they got the subs and carrier but i meant was that their carriers are 2 hilllarious jokes and incidents on their subs everymonth :disagree:
Only 2 incidents so far in subs(1 major and 1 minor). Incidents happen everywhere(USA, China, Russia).
Secondly regarding 'joke' carrier, probably you are still stuck in past. Vikramaditya is capable of carrying 30 Mig-29K aircrafts(Do I need to explain what 30 Mig-29Ks can do?).

Only 2 incidents so far in subs(1 major and 1 minor). Incidents happen everywhere(USA, China, Russia).
Secondly regarding 'joke' carrier, probably you are still stuck in past. Vikramaditya is capable of carrying 30 Mig-29K aircrafts(Do I need to explain what 30 Mig-29Ks can do?).
Nope.......dont even try and explain when one tries and laughs at 2 carriers.

Enjoyed reading that, and pleased to see India is not listed in the top 10! India's peasant army of 1 million men doesn't make them a military power!

My ranking would be as follows:
1. USA
<--small gap-->
2. China
<--medium gap-->
3. Russia
<--tiny gap-->
4/5/6. UK/France/Japan
<--small gap-->
7. Germany
8. South Korea
9. Italy
10. Turkey
11. Pakistan
12/13. Canada/Australia

<--HUGE GAP-->

99. Luxembourg
<--big gap-->
100. India

India = dog shit
The OP is bullshit, which has IQ of 32 or even less. Period. \

-- no wonder, comes straight from Yahoo India. :rofl:

For any such ranking, there must be a key assumption on the use of nuke, or the absence of it.

With nukes counted (which is meanless btw in a real world coz evey country would be euqally powerful in the mist of nuclear winters :rofl:), there will be only 4 levels of rankings if forced to rank:

Level 1: Russia and the US. ( coz each can destroy the earth 10X times)

level 2: China ( coz almost can destroy the earth X times)

Above 3 are geograpghically large enough to have several 1000s or so survivors perhaps, or perhaps not even 5.

Level 3: UK France and Japan ( yes, Japan can produce more nukes in 1 month, if it wants to, than what UK and France putting together. And Japan has perhaps even superior long/ditance rocket-missile technogies than both UK and France) - the problem of these 3 is that they are geographically too small to sustain a simple round of nuke attack by Level 1 and Level 2 players.

Level 4: all the rest.

°°°°°°

A much more seriously ranking is, however, the ranking without nukes. That is the reality. And plus 1 more critical assumption:

in a war (when such a ranking has any sense at all) one country just can't import weapons - ammunitions at its will, because

1. it is illogical, e.g. how the heck India is supposed to rank above France when these 2 are at war when a huge part of India´s `superior` weapons are imported from France and France´s allies England and USA? In a war, you can not import your logistics. If one is incapable of building and maintaining elementary logistics abc projects such as toilets and sawege systems, one is incapable of handling logistics properly in a much distressed scenarios such as in wars. Simples! Remember, In a war a country is largely on its own when measuring its military powess as we do now.

So, the ranking is therefore the true and real war potential-capability of a standalone nation with all its tech, industries, economy, and without doubt the most importantly its people, not only the numbers, but also sheer determination, spirit, level of discipline, industrialness, endurance, and unity of all of them:

1. China, US : without nukes, they ´re about even . US is superior at Air-Sea, while China is superior at land-coast. If the war takes place between the two at a place near China proper, China is likely to win, whereas when it takes place far from China, the US would have a upper hand.

2. Russia: can´t beat the US in quality. can´t beat China in quantity and perhaps also much of the quality at the moment. The industrial might, one of the main drivers of a powerful military, of today´s Russia is 1 full league behind both China and USA.

3. Japan ( the sheer size and sophitication of Japanese indudstries could turn it into a military great power given a short notice. It would most likley loss to Russia because the later has a much greater geo size advantage)

4. France ( not convincingly though, due to these `cheese-eating surrender monkeys` seem to have never won a decent war along since Napoleon despite of possessing many advantages)

5. UK

6. Germany ( may switch the rank with France to be #4, due to the same reason as 3)

7. Italy

8. Spain

9. South Korea

10, North Korea (if NK were not starved as it is now it would probably rank above Italy)

11. Iran / Turkey / Taiwan
fix your head... poop head....

you want me to troll?

btw, i dont know how this list was made but it has surely ignored two Nuclear powers, Pakistan and North Korea, and also there is no way that UK's nuclear Arsenal is smaller, than India's, so i dont know how they have evaluated the militarizes
Nobody knows about no. of nuclear warheads that India and Britain posses.All are just estimates that could be wrong also.According to a report India can make 600 nuclear bombs in a very short time.Although i agree that Indian should be at 6th ot 7th position due to technology factor.

The OP is bullshit, which has IQ of 32 or even less. Period. \

OKKK.....Happy Now?

Level 1: Russia and the US. ( coz each can destroy the earth 10X times)

level 2: China ( coz almost can destroy the earth X times)

How do you define "WIN" after that?

And lastly Don't get Angry!! It will only destroy the body cells, increase BP etc...Why don't you go for anger management?

These lists are stupid. Only to soothe national ego. India in the top 4 most powerful militaries is beyond a joke when they have next to nothing in their capacity to make any cutting-edge military tech themselves. India's bought toys might be enough to scare smaller neighbours, but against a genuine military power like China, they'd run out of planes, boats and even bullets within months of an all-out conflict with China. China has a huge numerical advantage as it already stands, but China would win from attrition alone, because they have the capacity and know-how to replenish their lossed hardware. Any country not self-sufficient in critical military hardware production is immediately at a level below those that can. Only US, China, and Russia can make the full spectrum of arms a nation needs to defend itself with, then there are countries like UK, France, Japan, Gemany, Italy, Israel and Korea, who can make some or most of the equipment they need. These countries I would put above any other country, that relies mostly on imported weapons, no matter how many weapons that country bought. Wars fought against peer enemies results in heavy losses both in lives and equipment, on both sides. Any country that cannot easily replenish either, is in a highly weakened position. Most nation's current inventory is at peacetime levels. In time of war, a great military power can increase their military inventory many fold, in a short space of time. Those nations I would consider the most powerful militaries.

South Korea and Pakistan are separated my many 1,000s of miles. Neither of them have power projection capabilities. Their armed forces could not fight each other even if they really really wanted too. So whoever is more power is irrelevant and meaningless.

All of Pakistan's or South Koreas military might is useless when the enemy is half way around the world.

I think Korean has a better chance to project their military might overseas than Pakistan, they had Industrial capability in which has produce some best Frigate and Destroyer (KDXII and KDXIII) along with LPD Dokdo class and they had tens thousand Marines forces fully equipped with modern armament. South Korea has more capability than Pakistan in certain areas and their economic strength backed their military with good

If you by "powerful" means capability to dominate others, then the relation to your neighbors
affect this capability.
So Indias power is reduced by its relations with China and increased by relations to Russia.
and Pakistan's power is reduced by its relations to India.
U.K, France, Germany and other NATO countries are stronger due to the alliance.

And US is will be always spotting themselves at top of the hill, by far almost all of industrialized countries around the world has alliance relation with US. You call UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Italy, Spain, Netherland, Singapore, Israel and so on. Only China, Russia, India, and Brazil doesn't have alliance relation with US of A

My ranking would be as follows:
1. USA
<--small gap-->
2. China
<--medium gap-->
3. Russia
<--tiny gap-->
4/5/6. UK/France/Japan
<--small gap-->
7. Germany
8. South Korea
9. Italy