What's new

That inept 'Saint Antony'

I don't agree.

Everyone will have seen my post responding to @DesiGuy 1403 asking him to explain the continued failures of the Defence Ministry. I am no fan of Parrikar.

But what Antony brought to the table during his singularly unfortunate tenure was criminal negligence. The OP is mild; there are many more incidents that could have been cited, all consistent with the picture of a figure completely out of his depth, manipulated at every turn by the civilian bureaucracy, and dancing to the strings pulled by them.

I don't want to go on; the man makes me furious.

I would rate A. K. Antony on 3 or less, and Parrikar on 5.

However inept Antony was in furthering defence preparedness, the accidents can't be attributed to him.
Even when handling older equipment, you have safe handling procedures. For example that dredging bit "the landing ship tank, Airawat, a frontline warship used to land troops on beachheads, suffered damage to its propellers because of inadequate dredging of the Visakhapatnam harbour."
I find it odd that they didn't have a designated safe path before they entered the harbour. It would be extremely absurd if such an explanation was given during hostile landing.
Considering the national resources that are spent on procuring and maintaining the forces, their operation must be streamlined for safety and efficiency. I don't think it is too much to ask for that.

However inept Antony was in furthering defence preparedness, the accidents can't be attributed to him.
Even when handling older equipment, you have safe handling procedures. For example that dredging bit "the landing ship tank, Airawat, a frontline warship used to land troops on beachheads, suffered damage to its propellers because of inadequate dredging of the Visakhapatnam harbour."
I find it odd that they didn't have a designated safe path before they entered the harbour. It would be extremely absurd if such an explanation was given during hostile landing.
Considering the national resources that are spent on procuring and maintaining the forces, their operation must be streamlined for safety and efficiency. I don't think it is too much to ask for that.

I completely agree. I also want to point out that my criticism of Antony has nothing to do with the slackening of operating procedures that you have mentioned. How did you get the impression that I was attributing the accidents to him?

I completely agree. I also want to point out that my criticism of Antony has nothing to do with the slackening of operating procedures that you have mentioned. How did you get the impression that I was attributing the accidents to him?
The OP's article is heavy on accidents which led to the Admiral resigning. It sort of seemed that Antony was being held responsible for accepting the resignation. I then saw you pounding on the former RM. Hence my impression.

The OP's article is heavy on accidents which led to the Admiral resigning. It sort of seemed that Antony was being held responsible for accepting the resignation. I then saw you pounding on the former RM. Hence my impression.

Completely incorrect.

Please do me the favour of reading my posts in detail.

The fact is Parrikar's sole accomplishment to date (worth mentioning) is the DPP-2016, this says it all really.

Parrikar has scope to turn it around but whether he will is another question. From where I stand it seems as though Parrikar's approach is simply to treat his position as a stepping stone to bigger and better things for himself, he is not putting his all into it as the Railways/Power/Roads/External ministers are doing.

+ @PARIKRAMA bro, I rate Anthony as far worse than average (5), he actively oversaw the de-fanging of India's military over the span of 10+ years. All the positives that happened uner him were inspite of him not because of him. He has blood on his hands as far as I am concerned.

Regarding parrkiar I disagree with you on the bolded part what bigger thing he can achieve when he is definitely not a PM material and him already holding a powerful ministry ?. He doesn't seem to be trying for the PM job either considering they way he is defending Goa and news about Parrikar wants to go back to state politics .

Regarding parrkiar I disagree with you on the bolded part what bigger thing he can achieve when he is definitely not a PM material and him already holding a powerful ministry ?. He doesn't seem to be trying for the PM job either considering they way he is defending Goa and news about Parrikar wants to go back to state politics .
I accept what you say about Parrikar's longing to return to his state but it certainly seems to me as though he has his own agenda and his motives seem to be self-serving. If he truly doesn't have ambitions for greater positions then he is just a clown and I'm not sure I believe that.

Back
Top Bottom