What's new

#ThankYouSachin...

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
1464666_614280431953359_1465280344_n.jpg

Let this thread be there to bid a fitting farewell to the best cricketer of this generation and arguably the best of all time. Do post ur greetings and pictures and share ur favorite memory with this Legend of Cricket ....

Wont say great cricketer and all that. He was good.

But great contribution to the cricket.

Last edited:
cricket without sachin will be boring :cry:
will always miss you sachin!

He is the only person who can unite the pierced country in a matter of seconds...

Thanks Sachin, you are the reason there are lots of people in India watched cricket from 90s to till date.

BBC: "Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives- BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar."

Peter Roebuck: "On a train from Shimla to Delhi, there was a halt at one of the stations. The train stopped by for few minutes as usual. Sachin was nearing a century, batting on 98. The passengers, railway officials, everyone on the train waited for Sachin to complete the century. This genius can stop time in India!"

Sir Donald Bradman: "I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel"

Matthew Hayden: "I have seen God, he bats at no. 4 for India"

Hashim Amla: "Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it"

Andy Flower: "There are two kinds of batsmen in the world. One, Sachin Tendulkar. Two, all the others"

Brian Lara: "The only batsman I would love to see by paying for the tickets and sitting in the stand just to watch him is none other than Sachin Tendulkar" and "Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal"

Mark Taylor: "We did not lose to a team called India, we lost to a man called Sachin (after the two famous innings in Sharjah in 1998)"

A placard at the Sydney Cricket Ground: "Commit all your crimes when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord is watching"

Dennis Lillee: "If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard"

Andrew Flintoff: "When you bowl at him you are not just trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him. 'I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him"

Michael Kasprowicz: "Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours."

Last edited:
We as Indians, know he is Great Batsman, whole world and true cricket lovers know he is Great Batsman, and those who have played cricket with him (players of other countries) are saying he is Greatest and humble down to earth person.

From, BBC, to CNN to Aljazeera, almost all International channel are showing the news of his retirement with special programs.

Opinion of some, is'nt worth anything and specially the opinion of .............lol

So, i believe this is a wrong place to praise "The Greatest Batsman ever", here for obvious reasons!!

I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable.
- Shane Warne
Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it.
- Hashim Amla

Sachin is a genius, I am a mere mortal.
- Brian Lara

These quotes are from ndtv.com. For us millions of fans across the world, Sachin is the God of cricket.

Back
Top Bottom