What's new

#ThankYouSachin...

For me sachin was cricket, His contribution to cricket, His ability to inspire millions is unparalleled.... He is Hero for nation which needs a hero..... I will miss sachin tendulkar from the rooster for the Indian team..... Thanks Sachin

Sachin is the 'greatest' of my era, says Muttiah Muralitharan

Muralitharan, with whom Tendulkar has fought many a stirring battles, said the sheer hard work and dedication Tendulkar put in over the years made him a "legend", who played the sport with great enthusiasm, passion and dignity.

The 41-year-old off-spinner, who took a staggering 800 Test wickets and over 500 One Day scalps in his 20-year-long international career, said while Sir Don Bradman is the greatest when it comes to averages, but for the number of runs and for longevity, Tendulkar would go down as the greatest of his era.

"Sachin is the greatest cricketer of my time. He is the modern-day great. His passion, dedication, hard work before every game, and his love for cricket stood out for me and that makes him the greatest player I have ever seen since I started playing in 1992," Muralitharan said.

"I have not seen others. I have not seen Don Bradman bat. If you look at the average, Bradman is the greatest but if you look at Sachin's stats, the sheer amount of runs he has scored, his longevity...it makes him the greatest cricketer of my time. Nobody played for such a long like him. I have no doubt while stating that he is the greatest.”

"His love for the game, his attitude, putting in a lot of hard work before every game, practicing hours and hours to prepare for the match, that's how he became a great player. Sachin is just amazing and remained the same person I met him 24 years back," Muralitharan said.

A teary-eyed Tendulkar yesterday brought the curtains down on his illustrious 24-year-old career at his home ground, Wankhede Stadium, after India crushed a hapless West Indies by an innings and 126 runs in his farewell match to complete a 2-0 series whitewash.

http://post.jagran.com/Sachin-is-the-greatest-of-my-era-says-Muttiah-Muralitharan-1384676994

Greatest constant Tendulkar second only to Bradman: Clarke

Tendulkar will be retiring from international cricket at the end of his 200th Test, which is currently being played in his home city of Mumbai against the West Indies.

Paying tribute to the 40-year-old, who has been an international cricketer for 24 years, Clarke said he can't really believe that the Indian veteran has grown old.

"It is going to be strange looking at an Indian Test side without the name Sachin Tendulkar sitting proudly in the middle order. He has been the greatest constant in world cricket for a generation," Clarke wrote in his column for 'Daily Telegraph'.

"I was still at primary school when he began his Test career and later scored two centuries on his first tour of Australia as an 18-year-old. I played my first Test series against him almost a decade ago and through my whole career have never really thought about him as an ageing player. I can't believe he is 40," he said.

"I've been lucky enough to play with and against some great batsmen but there have been none better than Sachin in my time. Given everything he has done, Sachin would have to be the second best batsman of all time after the incomparable Bradman."

Clarke said according to him Tendulkar's biggest achievement has been to be an active cricketer for more than 20 years.

"Every time I watch Sachin play he exudes that youthful enthusiasm which highlights just how much he still loves the game, dashing around the field and charging down balls on the boundary," he said.

"So much has been said and written about Sachin's achievements over years. His record number of Test and one-day runs, his century of international centuries. They are achievements that may never be bettered.

"However I believe his greatest achievement is playing international cricket for almost a quarter of a century. That is phenomenal. To be lining up for his 200th Test is mind boggling," he added.

http://post.jagran.com/Greatest-constant-Tendulkar-second-only-to-Bradman-Clarke-1384510581

Tendulkar might be religion in India. For me he was a selfish player, obsessed with records.

10,000 run, 200 Tests, 100 centuries. Thats a little selfish for me. Sorry to offend some one here. I will take player of lesser record but one who is a team player.

Tendulkar might be religion in India. For me he was a selfish player, obsessed with records.

10,000 run, 200 Tests, 100 centuries. Thats a little selfish for me. Sorry to offend some one here. I will take player of lesser record but one who is a team player.
Those runs and centuries are not his own only. They also count towards the team total.

And noone gets to play for 24 years (starting at just 16 and ending at 40) if he is not good

Prove it. By the way, if you dont know then Indian Cricket isnt Sachin's Jagir. That system is famous in Pakistan where Elite rule. Sachin was in team for 24 long years only for his performance. Also, you need to get back to Statistics again before commenting further. Al that Sachin not a matchwinner stuff is baseless if properly focussed on Stats.

And do see that time taken for sachin from 75 to 100 is faster than any other batsman scoring a century. Hope you understand, a seflish player wud take more deliveries towards his 90s. Hence, your claim is void. Come back with some other crybaby excuse. :D

Prove it. By the way, if you dont know then Indian Cricket isnt Sachin's Jagir. That system is famous in Pakistan where Elite rule. Sachin was in team for 24 long years only for his performance. Also, you need to get back to Statistics again before commenting further. Al that Sachin not a matchwinner stuff is baseless if properly focussed on Stats.

And do see that time taken for sachin from 75 to 100 is faster than any other batsman scoring a century. Hope you understand, a seflish player wud take more deliveries towards his 90s. Hence, your claim is void. Come back with some other crybaby excuse. :D

What a stupid answer and itd proves your ignorance. Tell me how many Test matches did India win when Sachin made a century?

Back in 1992 to 1999, when Pakistan was a very strong team, you refused to play us. You were afraid to lose. When you finally played us in 1999, you still lost home series 2-1.

Its another matter you refuse to play us now. Its because you are a new money and your mindset is that of a person who had been poor all his life and has got money all of a sudden.

Read my original post. Sachin was great player but he did not have leadership qualities. Leadership is not being captain, but leading the batting of the team too. He was always there to make a century but not actually lead the batting.

You wont get it. Its higher philosophy. And I already know your answer because I know Indian mindset.

Back
Top Bottom