What's new

#ThankYouSachin...

Usain Bolt
For me he (Tendulkar) is one of the greatest cricketers I have seen. He has done extremely well and he is a very aggressive cricketer. I look forward to the day when I can see him play live

Brian Lara
The only batsman I would love to see by paying for the tickets and sitting in the stand just to watch him is none other than Sachin Tendulkar

Umpire Rudi Koertzen
I never get tired during umpiring whenever Sachin is on crease

Michael Atherton
The archives recall not one single incriminating incident, not one drunken escapade, not one reported affair, not one spat with a team-mate or reporter ... As Matthew Parris wondered of Barack Obama in these pages recently, is he human?

Michael Kasprowicz
Don't bowl bad balls he hits the good ones for fours

Brett Lee
You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat looks so heavy but he just waves it around like it's a toothpick

Barack Obama
watch cricket, not because I understand it, but just to see who is the guy who …when he plays…the productivity of my country drops 50%

Glenn McGrath ‏@glennmcgrath1115m

Good luck to Sachin in his 200th Test. One of the best batsmen of all time. His record of "Most Test Runs" will stand test of time

Glenn McGrath ‏@glennmcgrath1115m

One of the true challengers as a bowler was to bowl to Sachin Tendulkar!! It was an honour to play against him.

Who said what about Sachin Tendulkar | Deccan Chronicle

Last edited:
For me today, Road of Cricket ends here. Cricket will be no more same. I loved and lived my emotions for this one man. He is the reason I was crazy, I used to fight with others, I used to pray to god, I got less marks in my 12th and I was scolded by parents many times.

Current Cricket is not cricket hat we used to see in 80s or 90s. This is more like business now so only string attached was class of Sachin. There may be lots of run machine in future and they may break Sachin's record but gentleman-ship and form displayed on and off ground will never be attained. #ThankYouSachin

efzz.png

SACHIN'S FAREWELL SPEECH:
Sachin Tendulkar: "All my friends, settle down let me talk, I'll get more and more emotional."

The crowd does berserk out there....
"My life between 22 yards in the 24 years, it's hard to believe that it's coming to an end...
I would like to thank all the people who have helped me in my life to get here...
I have a list in my hand, please forgive me if I miss out on a few names...
First, my father, he passed away in 1999...
He was very key for my career...

He gave me freedom, chase your dreams and don't find shortcuts...

He also told me to be a nice human being...

My mother, I don't how she dealt with such a naughty like guy me...

She took care of me to be healthy...
She started praying for me even before I started my career and I think those prayers gave my strength...

In my school days, I used to stay with my uncle and aunt as my school was far away...
They treated me like their son..

They gave me enough food that I can play well..

My eldest brother, he used to tell me, I know you'd do everything right and I have the confidence in you.
My sister, she gave my the first bat for me.
A Kashmir Willow bat.

She continues to fast when I bat..

Ajit, I don't what do I talk about him...

It all started from the age of 11, he took to Achrekar sir my coach...

And my life changed...
Even last night, he called me and we were discussing my dismissal..

Various things we agreed upon, my technique..

I have had a lot of chat with him...

If I had not done that, I would have been a lesser cricketer...
The most important one in 1991, I met my wife Anjali...
I know she was a doctor..
When we decided to make it a family, she said, you continue with your cricket and I'll take care of the family...
Without that I think I couldn't have played so much cricket...
Thank you for all that you've done and it is the best partnership I've had in my life...
Then Sara and Arjun are two precious diamonds in my life..

Daughter is 16 and son is 14, time has flown by...
I wasn't able to be with them for the birthdays, annaul days and stuff...
Thanks for understanding all that, both of you have been so special to me...

I've not spent enough time with you but I promise you the rest is for you...
My in-laws have been supporting...
I discuss various things with them, we have a strong family and thank you for allowing me to marry Anjali..

There have been a lot of friends who have supported me..
Leaving their work and coming to bowl at me when I called them...
I thought my career was over when I was injured, by my friends called even at 3 AM and made me believe that it was not over...
My career started at 11..
My brother took me to Achrekar sir and that is the best to have happened to me...
Sir would be taking me on his scooter all over Mumbai to ensure that I get enough match practice..
On a lighter note, he's never said well played to me so that I don't get complacent."
"My cricket started right here at this ground...
The dream was obviously to play for India...
BCCI was fantastic, they believed my at the of 16 years and selected me...
Thanks for the support and the freedom, without that this couldn't have happened...
I have played with many senior cricketers, thanks to everyone for helping me out. I see, Rahul, Laxman, Sourav and my teamates, you guys are like my family...
It is going to be difficult without that dressing room, sharing those special moments."
"When Dhoni gave me the 200th Test cap, I just said, we are all proud to be here as a team and I believe that you guys will take care of this country in the right spirit to the best of our abilities...
I believe in you and all the best for your future...
Thanks to all the doctors, physios, without your special efforts, I couldn't have been fit...
I don't know how you all kept me in good shape...
My dear friend, late Mark Mascerenhas, my first manager. Without him I couldn't have achieved all this...
All those sponsorship deals etc.. thanks for your support...
I miss you.

My manager Vinod Naidu, he's more like my family..
He's given me so much time leaving his family to work with him...
In the school days when I played well, the media backed be a lot..

You've been doing that till now...
Thank you to all of you, all those photographers...
Those moments will remain with me for the career...
I thank all the people who supported me a lot...
Whether I scored a 0 or a 100..
I've met a lot of people who does all sorts of things for me, thank you for all that you've done...
Especially, "Sachin... Sachin.." that will be ringing in my ears till I breath...
Thank you very much..!!!!
I am sorry if I have missed out on anything...

Good bye." :cray: 
1458582_672293276134523_1652842143_n.jpg

1476031_10151692055301852_155182066_n.jpg

1451482_515144558582469_1842787684_n.jpg

1426537_623503367709577_757371482_n.jpg

1451421_749685161724708_1711214552_n.jpg

1458860_543998085683852_402586358_n.jpg

1461519_538110392949083_220928015_n.jpg

1472024_626656970731098_1216840899_n.jpg

1454811_703098183036766_938801436_n.jpg

Last edited:
Twitter abuzz with 'Thankyou Sachin'

Tributes poured in for Indian batting icon Sachin Tendulkar as he bid an emotional goodbye to cricket after playing 200 Test matches.

The good wishes for the Maestro from Mumbai came not just from cricketers, but celebrities from all walks of life who took to twitter to pay their tribute to Tendulkar.

Following is a compilation of the messages posted by some prominent cricketers and other sportspersons on Tendulkar's retirement:

Roger Federer: "What a remarkable career @sachin_rt. Wish you ..

Graeme Swann: "I'm not sure if you heard but Sachin Tendulkar retired today! What a great little player and lovely bloke #ThankYouSachin"

Chris Gayle: "Was absolutely a pleasure being a part of history Sachin Tendulkar 200 Test Match. #legends #Lara..."

Sanjay Manjrekar: It was a long speech but then it was a long career. Every minute was worth it. Emotional words from Sachin to finish an emotional series

Brett Lee: Congrats to the legend @sachin_rt well done mate on everything you have ac ..

Sania Mirza: "So emotional...the whole country is..we will miss u #RESPECT #SACHIN #LEGEND"

Michael Vaughan: "What a Speech... #ThankYouSachin #God" Alviro Petersen: "A legend of the game says goodbye... #SachinTendulkar . An honour to have played against him."
Matthew Hayden: "The end has arrived for Sachin with fitting scenes in Mumbai #goodbye and #goodluck."

Harbhajan Singh: "Let's salute the master.cricket won't be the same without u.for me u r cricket.thank u paji for everything."

Twitter abuzz with 'Thankyou Sachin' - The Economic Times

Sachin….. How well we can we thank you?????? You have been inspiration for almost every indian…. After Mahatma probably you are the only indian who has so much support from we Indians….. You played cricket highest level when most of indains would be playing gilli danda….at the age of 16 you were hit on face by fastest bowler of that time and while being treated sledged by javed miandad…. You destroyed every opposition bowler with such dominance which every cricketer would dream off… You went back to play for the country even when the family was mourning your father’s death and you played that match literally crying during the entire match and went on hit 140 to save the country from an early exit from WC….. During the world cup match against arch rivals You made the worlds ever fastest bowler scared and made him refuse to bowl to you….. You made the first double hundred in one day cricket……You have inspired me so much that I used to wake up at 4 am to listen to the commentary on radio when you started opening the innings in New Zealand …. I remember rejoicing your century in chennai in 99 against Pakistan even when we lost the test…. I remember bunking my office/class to watch you bat…. I remember following your 200 in gowlior on cricinfo.com…. I was fortunate to watch you bat thrice and chant that Sachin….. Sachin with 20, 30 thousand people….. I was fortunate to watch you hook Bretlee over fine leg for a six in kochi the same way you did to Andrew caddik in England…. I cant remember how many times I switched off tv after seeing you getting out….You made us feel how a man made sand storm can be after a real sand storm in deserts of sharjah…. You made us believe that a match can be won even when the opposition need 5 runs in the last over with 4 wickets ….You proved that a century can be made out of centuries….

You have no idea how much you are gonna be missed by us…. There wont be Sachin Sachin chants anymore… there wont be those trade mark straight drives, cover drives and flicks…. People wont cheer anymore on the fall of second wicket…..Probably the only instance where in the god is been separated from the religion…..Its hard to believe that i cant see you batting …..You may be going out of the filed but you will remain in our hearts till we breath the last….. We will Miss you Sachin…… Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you

nair

Last edited:
Sachin is the greatest of all times: British PM

New Delhi: Describing ace Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar as "the greatest of all times", British Prime Minister David Cameron today wished him good luck for his ongoing 200th Test match against the West Indies in Mumbai.

"He is the greatest of all times. He`s an extraordinary cricketer...A fantastic player. I wish him well today," he said while interacting with Indian businessmen.
Cameron said it`s not just about cricket but also the consistency one needs to score a century.

Noting that Tendulkar has inspired a lot of youth, he said, "If you look who has done more to inspire the young cricketers, he has done well in that."

The British PM also sent a framed photograph signed by him of Tendulkar walking out of Old Trafford ground along with his then team-mate Manoj Prabhakar after scoring his maiden Test hundred (109) against England in August 1990.

"India transfixed by @sachin_rt`s final test match. Today I sent him this pic of his 1st century in the UK," Cameron wrote on his Twitter handle with the picture of the photograph attached.

Cameron wrote in ink below the photograph: From the first of 100 centuries to your 200th and final test - congratulation on a career that will inspire millions for generations to come.

Tendulkar is playing his last Test match today at his home ground Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai before bidding goodbye to international cricket. He has already announced retirement from one-day cricket.

PTI

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan
Follow
BOOM! 50... @sachin_rt (ps Memo to Tino Best...you're the only human being alive who wants Tino Best to get Sachin out today!)

Jason Gillespie ✔ @YCCCDizzy
Follow

Well spoken Sachin. A very humble and respectful man. All the best for post playing life. Dizzy. #ThankYouSachin

Matthew Hayden AM ✔ @HaydosTweets
Follow

Chase dreams and no short cuts be a good person #dad patience, prayers and sacrifices #mum whatever you do, do it 100%#brother #Sachin

Ashwin Ravichandran ‏@ashwinravi995h
"I gave it all i had for the last 24 years,now i see my kids grown up to be on their own".He said this nd my eyes got moist.#ThankYouSachin

Virender Sehwag ✔ @virendersehwag
Follow

Been an emotional time for me since the announcement #SRT. Can't articulate what he means to me, it's so personal! #ThankYouSachin @BCCI

Thanks Sachin for all the memories...Besides being a Great Cricketer that you are, you are a very Humble human being as well & that is what makes you a legend...
# RESPECT, will miss you :cray:

Wont say great cricketer and all that. He was good.

But great contribution to the cricket.
Either you don't know anything about this sport.
Or you are smarter than all the great who regarded him greatest.

...…..........

Anyways goodbye cricket without Sachin cricket won't be cricket anymore.

Back
Top Bottom