What's new

Thank you China

Just because a country cannot afford either to build or buy it does not mean there is no need. If a country just happened to be in a strategically advantageous position between rival powers, then whoever become the sponsor will provide protection, but that does not mean there is no need for an air force.

Right...We can look at further silliness from you...

What make you think Australia can build her own 'advanced' fighter anytime she likes? That is an assumption on your part. But because Australia does not have an indigenous aircraft building program of her own and managed to buy from the US, then it became an assumption on your part that Australia can 'easily' build. That is circular logic.

The issue here is your claim that an aircraft is 'easy' to build and you have no evidence to back it up. If Iran can build a fleet of F-14s comparable to what the US Navy once deployed then may be your argument may have merit. But the Iranians are struggling to maintain their F-14s and so far have managed to modify some F-5s utterly disproved you. What you claimed to have 'addressed' is nothing but absurd assumptions.

Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Congratulations to your achievement, this reminds me of the joy when I first see the picture of J-10.

For developing countries who are confronted with militray pressure, such as Pakistan and China, it's really not easy to build a strong defence.

The determination to do something unbelievable and overcome any obstacles, such as the birth of JF-17, makes a country great nation.

Different from turkey, F-16 was not designed for turkey, but JF-17 was a Pakistan Fighter since it's birth.

yes,what you needed is determination ,so do we

Australia can make an advanced aircraft fighter anytime it likes, but why spend billions of dollars on an aircraft program when you can buy excellent superior aircraft from another country and save the money?

You are totally wrong as it's the other way around. If you build your own fighter jet then it will cost you a lot cheaper than purchasing from another country. Of course the initial cost are high but in the long run it will always be cheaper. Plus using this experience you can build better fighter jets in the future and you become less dependent on others.

Yes...Let us take a brief examination of what you claimed to have 'addressed'...

Outright silly. Any military today that is supposedly tasked with defending the country NEED an air force, even a token one. Attacks from the third dimension has been a necessity since WW I...!!!

And I have debunked this silly notion as well. What make you think anyone will sell you anything? What oblige either the US or the Russians to sell you anything? And just because you can buy from one, what make you think what you bought is just as good as what the other guy is selling to your potential adversary?

You have addressed zilch, young man.

Hey gambit leave him, he's kid!

why are we even bothering to reply to this dude where we need to thank our best and only trusted friends? :what:

Australia can make an advanced aircraft fighter anytime it likes, but why spend billions of dollars on an aircraft program when you can buy excellent superior aircraft from another country and save the money?

That's just silly.

You cant just built an aircraft and expect it to be in the league of the US, Russia, France...ect. It takes decades to design and built an aircraft. All of the countrys i have listed have extensive history in aircraft development. In other words, they went through trial and error. They know what works and what doesn't.

For example, the US, Russia, and Great Britan lead the world in engine technology because they went through trial and error; it took those countries decades to get where they are today. What makes you think Austrailia can, for example, built a jet engine able to compete with the big boys? And remember a jet engine is just one component of an aircraft...

Last edited:
indeed i agree with gambit and others, building a modern fighter is no easy task if it was china surely would have aerial parity with other powers by now the money and will is there that plus the sanctions, but the fact is the engine and electronic are major problem for them and that's just a component of the overall aircraft

That's just silly.

You cant just built an aircraft and expect it to be in the league of the US, Russia, France...ect. It takes decades to design and built an aircraft. All of the countrys i have listed have extensive history in aircraft development. In other words, they went through trial and error. They know what works and what doesn't.

For example, the US, Russia, and Great Britan lead the world in engine technology because they went through trial and error; it took those countries decades to get where they are today. What makes you think Austrailia can, for example, built a jet engine able to compete with the big boys? And remember a jet engine is just one component of an aircraft...

I do want to also congradulate Russian for their help in JF17 project indirectly and hope we can continue similar projects in future , Russia is a new standard in world in term of trade and economic partnership -

As a Chinese, I have to say we are extremely proud of the friendship with Pakistan. It's not the first muslim country in the world who has built a jet fighter, but it's certainly the first one that has JOINTLY designed and manufactured a whole new advanced jet fighter.

Why is that possible?

It's NOT because of help from China, it's becaused of the high qualification, professionalism and hard work of Pakistani engineers. Salute to Pakistan, and the weather-prove friendship between China and Pakistan!
:pakistan::china:

3f9e6236696a3655f116afadfa03dbd7.jpg

Most countries can build there own fighter aircraft but either don't because they don't need fighter aircraft or because they can easily purchase them from a company.

Look at my country, it has more then enough money to build it's own aircraft but would rather buy superior aircraft developed by another country so it doesn't have to spend billions extra developing its own.

My country is getting 100 F-35 Lightning IIs

Buy a fighter and manufacture a fighter is totally different. You can buy f35 from US, but there is no benefit to your aviation industry. So what's your country's competitiveness compared with Pakistan?Pakistan can sell JF17 to other countries, but can you sell F-35 abroad? :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom