What's new

Thai tourism authority launches exclusive social media for Bangladesh

I have been to Phuket and seen their vibrant sex industry. Perverts' paradise full of Japanese and European sex tourists. Why would I blame Thailand because sex is a draw there? It's okay. Let the pervs fill their need and let Thais make a bit of money.

I myself have never been a customer, don't want to get Herpes or Gonorrhea.

I'm sorry, been to Fiji and Bali too - Thailand doesn't impress me that much, too commercial and crowded. There are better (and more pristine) places to dive and observe coral reef and sea life.

And I do know exactly what Thailand makes as far as automotive items (subcompact trucks sold in the US, primarily Isuzu badged as Chevy) among other brands. Nikon SLRs and lenses (as well a many other consumer electronics) are made there, I own quite a few of these products.

Thai Jasmine rice is world famous, so is a lot of their tropical beverages sold worldwide. So what?

Bangladesh produces and exports a lot of rice and electronics as well. In recent years Thailand only produced ~32 MMT rice, we did 56 MMT (with ONE-THIRD of the arable area, mind you). Should we be impressed?

iu

Thailand started early with Japanese JV's in their SEZ's for electronics, so naturally they export more.

The point I made is that Thailand was a large "R&R destination for US GI's" during the Vietnam debacle (primarily around Bangkok and also U-Ta-Pao airbase). Sex Tourism was the primary draw and what started the rise of the Thai economy (pun not intended).

If not for the call girls in Sukhumvit road dives and motels (and other Bangkok areas) in the sixties (and Thai laissez faire attitude about sex tourism and 'looking the other way'), their economy would be just as bad as Pakistan or Bangladesh today. Ask your elders, they will confirm what Thailand was then.

There are more Bangladeshi tourists in Thailand than a lot of other places, because of proximity (half a dozen flights between DAC-BKK a day), so I really don't get your points to impress me about Thailand.

Let's not talk about the pedophile friendly environment, pedo paradise so to speak but let's not talk about it.

Abhorrent topic, that country is selling it's literal future for a few quick bucks.

White men love submissive Asian women who don't talk back, this is why Thailand's tourism industry is so robust as with the other cesspools in that area apart from Vietnam.

And I'm not even talking about the pedos who dish out tens of thousands of dollars to have 'fun'.

Even with all this, we are set to be neck and neck at 1.3 trillion dollars in terms of GDP according to the latest projections.

Even with their extensive tourism, sex tourism and kiddie tourism, they haven't been able to achieve impressive economic growth.

Take their tourism industry away and that country will literally wither away and die, it only exists to serve as relaxation spot for rich white men anyway.

Last edited:
Let's not talk about the pedophile friendly environment, pedo paradise so to speak but let's not talk about it.

Abhorrent topic, that country is selling it's literal future for a few quick bucks.

White men love submissive Asian women who don't talk back, this is why Thailand's tourism industry is so robust as with the other cesspools in that area apart from Vietnam.

And I'm not even talking about the pedos who dish out tens of thousands of dollars to have 'fun'.

Even with all this, we are set to be neck and neck at 1.3 trillion dollars in terms of GDP according to the latest projections.

Even with their extensive tourism, sex tourism and kiddie tourism, they haven't been able to achieve impressive economic growth.

Take their tourism industry away and that country will literally wither away and die, it only exists to serve as relaxation spot for rich white men anyway.

Exactly. The thievery and corruption at their top levels outshines ours by far.

The upper-class Thai people live in unbelievable luxury in resort private compounds with marinas and private security armies. While the lower class live in slums barely better than ours.

Remember their mini aircraft carrier? @Indos your thoughts...

Exactly. The thievery and corruption at their top levels outshines ours by far.

The upper-class Thai people live in unbelievable luxury in resort private compounds with marinas and private security armies. While the lower class live in slums barely better than ours.

Remember their mini aircraft carrier? @Indos your thoughts...

Yup, I also still think why Thailand is so great in tourism, if we compare to Indonesia, I can say Indonesia is much better, but as you guys have said sex industry may become one of the reason. Despite so, people in South Thailand are our brothers and sisters, they are Muslim and Malays race. They can speak Malay too and because of that Indonesian also can communicate with them.

Talking about economy, as I remember their economic growth is about 2 percent per year last year. Their economy depends on export so when there is US and China trade war happening since last year, their economic growth get effected.

I can say for the next 5 years, travel and tourist industry will still get some pressured, because despite possibility to have effective vaccine is quite big starting at 2021, I believe people will still feel cautious to travel to another country for thing like tourism. Tourist industry will rely on domestic tourist for at least the next 5 years until it reach the pre covid level. It is why I expect Thailand will get difficulty for the next 5 years since their tourist industries are already quite big and employ many people.

They want to get rid of their king now if you follow international news. As for Indonesian, the relation between two countries are considered as good. The relation will alter into bad if they do bad thing to South Thailand people.

I have spoken to Bangladeshis in Bangladesh, they told me the only decent education curriculum, in the system is medical field.

Bangladesh should seek to do a public/private partnership with turkey, turkey is becoming the number 1 medical tourist hotspot of the world, this will help be retain some of the 500 million USD lost abroad to medical procedures.

This will generate revenue for the public sector, so it's a win win.

I have been to Phuket and seen their vibrant sex industry. Perverts' paradise full of Japanese and European sex tourists. Why would I blame Thailand because sex is a draw there? It's okay. Let the pervs fill their need and let Thais make a bit of money.

I myself have never been a customer, don't want to get Herpes or Gonorrhea.

I'm sorry, been to Fiji and Bali too - Thailand doesn't impress me that much, too commercial and crowded. There are better (and more pristine) places to dive and observe coral reef and sea life.

And I do know exactly what Thailand makes as far as automotive items (subcompact trucks sold in the US, primarily Isuzu badged as Chevy) among other brands. Nikon SLRs and lenses (as well a many other consumer electronics) are made there, I own quite a few of these products.

Thai Jasmine rice is world famous, so is a lot of their tropical beverages sold worldwide. So what?

Bangladesh produces and exports a lot of rice and electronics as well. In recent years Thailand only produced ~32 MMT rice, we did 56 MMT (with ONE-THIRD of the arable area, mind you). Should we be impressed?

iu

Thailand started early with Japanese JV's in their SEZ's for electronics, so naturally they export more.

The point I made is that Thailand was a large "R&R destination for US GI's" during the Vietnam debacle (primarily around Bangkok and also U-Ta-Pao airbase). Sex Tourism was the primary draw and what started the rise of the Thai economy (pun not intended).

If not for the call girls in Sukhumvit road dives and motels (and other Bangkok areas) in the sixties (and Thai laissez faire attitude about sex tourism and 'looking the other way'), their economy would be just as bad as Pakistan or Bangladesh today. Ask your elders, they will confirm what Thailand was then.
Sex industry booms from Thailand to usa then to most of the so called Arabian countries like Dubai, uae jewl that makes it the market it depends on?
Phuket is very much commercial place now a days, but there are lot of new islands recently open for divers and the quality of water is far, better then others!
Ma point was, it's not just sex industry which thailand depends on for its economy, it's economy has enough for its needs even if u compare garmanets quality of thai garmanets is far better then Chinese or even BD?
Thts why most of ur super stars found shoping in Thailand's malls?
Other bigger trousim. Factor is medical tourism from gulf countries and even from BD.
I hvnt searched how GDP is compared with BD but thialnds common man has more money to spend then BD, that's what I'm. Sure about it while cars and trucks are not just stops at cheap brands like u, mentioned in ur post BMW, BENZ, PPOSCHE, all are manufactured in thailand since a very long time so, putting it in the bracket of sex tourist country is a injustice to its vibrant economy, and Thailand Jst not the name of sukhmvit, Pattaya, Phuket so sorry, your mean comments about a vibrant economy doesn't make it looks good at all, and BTW why don't u check the sex industry in Dhaka, instead pointing fingers on Thailand its a common phenomenon these days in every country from India to BD. To pak but that not. Means their economy depends on it
There are more Bangladeshi tourists in Thailand than a lot of other places, because of proximity (half a dozen flights between DAC-BKK a day), so I really don't get your points to impress me about Thailand.

Yeah she was and remains a deranged lunatic. Her behavior has little relationship with Bangladeshi tourists touring in Thailand. A lunatic is a lunatic, wherever they are from. What are you going to do.

Bangladeshis cannot take collective blame for the behavior of some deranged lunatic. What are Bangladeshis going to do about it? Not much...
Do not quote such posts man..

Do not quote such posts man..

Yeah I was a little miffed when I made this post - apologies. But her near and dear ones should have taken responsibility for her mental illness, reflects very badly on them.

You are welcome to delete the post if you want.

Yup, I also still think why Thailand is so great in tourism, if we compare to Indonesia, I can say Indonesia is much better, but as you guys have said sex industry may become one of the reason. Despite so, people in South Thailand are our brothers and sisters, they are Muslim and Malays race. They can speak Malay too and because of that Indonesian also can communicate with them.

Talking about economy, as I remember their economic growth is about 2 percent per year last year. Their economy depends on export so when there is US and China trade war happening since last year, their economic growth get effected.

I can say for the next 5 years, travel and tourist industry will still get some pressured, because despite possibility to have effective vaccine is quite big starting at 2021, I believe people will still feel cautious to travel to another country for thing like tourism. Tourist industry will rely on domestic tourist for at least the next 5 years until it reach the pre covid level. It is why I expect Thailand will get difficulty for the next 5 years since their tourist industries are already quite big and employ many people.

They want to get rid of their king now if you follow international news. As for Indonesian, the relation between two countries are considered as good. The relation will alter into bad if they do bad thing to South Thailand people.

Yeah Thais are generally well-behaved decent meek folks - I have no issues with their general populace, they are the sufferers while their upper class exploit them.

Their current king is not in the right frame of mind - he has a strange record of behaving oddly in public. Monarchy is a has-been concept and should have been abolished long ago. That said, the average Thai person still has a lot of reverence for their Royal Family.

South Thailand has a special curry that is almost like food from our subcontinent. It is called 'Musamman Curry', made with potatoes and beef. Musamman is an alternate word for 'Musalman' or 'Muslim'. I like it.

Yes, it is important for our citizens who do not get proper treatment in the country and visit India. Now, many will visit Thailand.
How many people actually have this ability to fly to thailand? Realistic solution should be the development of the medical facility in Bangladesh if we really want to show India middle finger.

Development of healthcare should be the top priority now.

Yeah Thais are generally well-behaved decent meek folks - I have no issues with their general populace, they are the sufferers while their upper class exploit them.

Their current king is not in the right frame of mind - he has a strange record of behaving oddly in public. Monarchy is a has-been concept and should have been abolished long ago. That said, the average Thai person still has a lot of reverence for their Royal Family.

South Thailand has a special curry that is almost like food from our subcontinent. It is called 'Musamman Curry', made with potatoes and beef. Musamman is an alternate word for 'Musalman' or 'Muslim'. I like it.

Bangladesh has two 'Royal' Families, we are always one step ahead of the competition.

How many people actually have this ability to fly to thailand? Realistic solution should be the development of the medical facility in Bangladesh if we really want to show India middle finger.

Development of healthcare should be the top priority now.

Don't know about India but we should develop our Healthcare system and facilities to provide better healthcare to our citizens and residents, whether such an action kills medical tourism in India and thereby draws their ire towards us is irrelevant.

The bigger problem is patient confidence or If we consider healthcare a commodity; Customer confidence.

Most Bengalis visit India because they don't trust the system or the doctors back home.

While I wouldn't call this a misconception since some of our healthcare providers are unreliable, I think disinformation and lack of information plays a huge role here.

We need to promote local healthcare providers and raise people's confidence in the local healthcare system by various governmental drives and campaigns.

Don't know about India but we should develop our Healthcare system and facilities to provide better healthcare to our citizens and residents, whether such an action kills medical tourism in India and thereby draws their ire towards us is irrelevant.
It's obvious no disagreement. But Bangladesh will not be able to buy direct enmity ( if necessary though) unless we can develope our medical service to their standard. Our people visit India and take medical service not only with medical visas, but most people who visit India with tourist visa also everytime visit a doctor.

Medical visas are only required for major surgery .

Please take a look at this news .
https://www.bbc.com/bengali/news-51872348.amp

Corona virus may not last forever ,but what if in future India Bangladesh relationship became bitter ? Surely it will be bitter in future because of dadagiri of India , and what if Indian visa become harder to get for our people?

Only patient will suffer . So it's not only about showing middle finger to India, but it's also a major weak point of Bangladesh. Even Bangladesh can't afford direct enmity with India ( if necessary) because health care of our people will be under threat .

Such dependency on other country is a major problem.

The bigger problem is patient confidence or If we consider healthcare a commodity; Customer confidence.

Most Bengalis visit India because they don't trust the system or the doc
There is no reason to trust our Medical system. Our most brilliant students studystudy in medical colleges but when the question is job , they get BCS health that is actually worst of all BCS cadres .

Few doctors earn a lot , rest are deprived. But we are very good at putting all blame to doctors alone.

I believe health cadre should be Abolished and doctors should be paid very well by government and by other hospitals. Indeed doctors must go under more strict observation as a result of better payment. And if a doctor decide not to do private practice ( after worktime ), they should be paid additional money by govt .

Othewise doctors will keep choosing BCS foreign , administration and police cadre and our health system will be worsen.

And finally the key point is politics. Healthcare system must be freed from bloody politics . And also diagonostic business must be well monitored.

Although doctors get 30% commission from diagnostic systems, but I won't but entire blame to doctors , as everyone need money .

Pay the doctors well also monitor them well and also give them job security in private clinics with honor, they will return you well.

Last edited:
We need to promote local healthcare providers and raise people's confidence in the local healthcare system by various governmental drives and campaigns.
Yes . But we should be realistic too. Look at the facility of intern doctors get when they come to practice rural areas.

Their housing is worst and also it's hard for them to survive because of village politics often.

First we need to solve all odds and then we can do so.

Yes . But we should be realistic too. Look at the facility of intern doctors get when they come to practice rural areas.

Their housing is worst and also it's hard for them to survive because of village politics often.

First we need to solve all odds and then we can do so.

I know brother, I have doctors in my family who have filled me in on the state of the system.

But the patients who run to India for a simple appendix aren't saints either.

People do not respect doctors in Bangladesh, death threats against the doctors are a regular thing, If the patient dies due to complications during treatment.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom