What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Turkey was adamant in not transferring the s-400, they wanted turkey to give them the s-400, Turkey said no(it would have deteriorated turkish russians relations), that it wasn't leaving Turkey, and they offered mothballing and keeping it at Incirlik Air Base(jointly operated US Turkish base), but the state dept refused to listen.

Now you are adding your own flavor of things to the real story. The State Dept had nothing to do with this situation. It just carries out orders and communicated back and forth. I'd stop at this now. Not everyone on here is an 18 year old trying to learn fancy defense tech names. Some of us might know a few things here and there :)

Now you are adding your own flavor of things to the real story. The State Dept had nothing to do with this situation.

lol its not, i can't find the exact article but, go read through the s-400 stories on dailysabah(turkish newspaper with a govt perspective) regarding the technical negotiations that were going around surrounding the s-400 issue, during the Trump administration. Some compromises were suggested initially regarding mothballing by some analysts. The Turks offered to keep it in incerlik as well.

The State Dept had nothing to do with this situation. It just carries out orders and communicated back and forth.

Lol, you think the state dept was taking orders from Trump? That presidency was being managed by advisors and technocrats in the state dept. Trump doesn't have a brain, many times we saw him contradicting his own state dept, he would order one thing, and then the people would just ignore it, and he would forget about it and move on to the next thing. The Mattis Trump order about Syria is one god example. The whole presidency was being managed like a scene out of game of thrones, where the boy king would say something, and then his advisors would just ignore it and do what they wished, and he would forget about it and move to the next thing.

Not everyone on here is an 18 year old trying to learn fancy defense tech names. Some of us might know a few things here and there :)

sometimes you should read up on stuff rather than act cocky.

lol its not, i can't find the exact article but, go read through the s-400 stories on dailysabah(turkish newspaper with a govt perspective) regarding the technical negotiations that were going around surrounding the s-400 issue, during the Trump administration. Some compromises were suggested initially regarding mothballing by some analysts. The Turks offered to keep it in incerlik as well.

Lol, you think the state dept was taking orders from Trump? That presidency was being managed by advisors and technocrats in the state dept. Trump doesn't have a brain, many times we saw him contradicting his own state dept, he would order one thing, and then the people would just ignore it, and he would forget about it and move on to the next thing. The Mattis Trump order about Syria is one god example. The whole presidency was being managed like a scene out of game of thrones, where the boy king would say something, and then his advisors would just ignore it and do what they wished, and he would forget about it and move to the next thing.

sometimes you should read up on stuff rather than act cocky.

You have two US flags and you don't even know how your country works? What are you, 14, 15? Unbelievable. The State Department is run by the Sec of the State. That's the second most powerful person after the American president. Sec. of the State is ONLY appointed by the US President and no one else. He or She do whatever it is that the President wants from his foreign policy direction, period.

In this regards, the Secretary of State or the State Dept. DO NOT have the authority or even ability to get into an approval or disapproval of any asset purchase by Turkey or anyone else, independently. It notifies the President of situations and the direction comes from the President directly. If need be, they then go to the congress. The Turkish S-400 issue was tackled by the US President and then Congress came aligned with him.

This is the dumbest argument I've had to get into on this forum. Kindly change your flags or learn about your country a bit!

Does this site have any moderators at this point? The thread is filled with semi to unrelated trash.

You have two US flags and you don't even know how your country works? What are you, 14, 15? Unbelievable. The State Department is run by the Sec of the State. That's the second most powerful person after the American president. Sec. of the State is ONLY appointed by the US President and no one else. He or She do whatever it is that the President wants from his foreign policy direction, period.

Listen child, you were not here during the Trump administration and you didn't follow the dynamics and nuances of American politics. I'm telling you Trump was not incharge, the state dept was being run by Pompeo, and foreign policy decisions were being made by the group of advisors around him from Mattis, Lindsey Graham, John Kelly, Kushner, etc. The guy wasn't fully there mentally, Roger Stone joked that Trump would basically take the view of whomever he spoke to last, and people would butter up his ego to establish influence over him(Lindsey Graham for example) You want examples of these situations, look at syria policy, Trump told Mattis he wanted to kill Assad off some impulse he had, and Mattis would tell him ok Mr. President we will work on that, then hang up the phone and tell his advisors, lol, yeah we are not doing that. You want more examples, look at the syria policy, he announced a withdrawal from Syria, then the state dept walked it back in a few days. this sort of erratic behavior was common. He would say dumb things like we need to go and take the syrian oil, and the state dept would ignore what he said, b/c obviously the people running the place aren't going to publicly admit to taking resources that would amount to a warcrime.

In this regards, the Secretary of State or the State Dept. DO NOT have the authority or even ability to get into an approval or disapproval of any asset purchase by Turkey or anyone else, independently. It notifies the President of situations and the direction comes from the President directly. If need be, they then go to the congress.

No shit the president signs off on whatever decision, but the actual negotiations between countries are done by technocrats/negotiators at the state dept and the undersecretary leading the talks. The president's signoff is a formality. And I'm telling you, the the negotiators from the american side(according to turkish sources) refused the mothballing proposal, the only option offered was for Turkey to return the S-400 to Russia or transfer it to the US(there was a related ammenment added to appropriations bill in the senate) and only after which the negotiations for the PAC-3 missile system would begin, with no guarantees of transfer nor other elements like tech transfer like Turkey was seeking. I promise you, i was following this issue extensively, both from the Turkish perspective(reading dailysabah anadolyagency, trtworld, hurrieyet reports and interviews with analysts) as well as US reporting and coverage on the matter(think tank talks, reports etc).

Any info on this post I found at the SsectretProjects-Forum??

So according to some sources the TF-X's engines have been installed and we probably will see the aircraft today. There is also a foreign protocol visit to the factory apparently. We will see...

Screenshot_20221223-210046_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-210104_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-204631_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221223-204625_YouTube.jpg

It looks like design changed a lot since published last mockup, wings can be fold for aircraft carrier also there are some details which i can see but experts can be explain better than me.

View attachment 907450

View attachment 907453

View attachment 907451

View attachment 907452

It looks like design changed a lot since published last mockup, wings can be fold for aircraft carrier also there are some details which i can see but experts can be explain better than me.
Kind of reminds me of that Russo Iranian project - the one with the huge LERX. HESA Shahed or something - project integral.
Also has some YAK-130 going on - but those are all good trainer cues so its not like its copied any design - just that it has good design parameters for a AJT/ LIFT

View attachment 907450

View attachment 907453

View attachment 907451

View attachment 907452

This is the roll-out of the first manned supersonic aircraft of Turkey. They should've done a proper roll out ceremony. Tbh I'm really disappointed, this is supposed to be huge but instead it feels like a cheap event, y'know.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) you took the words right out of my mouth, I was thinking "wait why does it look somewhat similar to something I can't name yet...?"

I know that the flaps and other control surfaces aren't attached yet but hear me out:

Isn't it a bit interesting that it has such less wing area considering the fact that it's supposed to be a LIFT <trainer> aircraft,

P.S. I just took a look at the both the T-38 and it's replacement T-7A again and they also have very little wing areas.

Aren't trainers supposed to have very good lift capabilities so that the cadets don't crash the aircraft?

Also this aircraft is going to be an iron bird prototype so it is understandable why it looks so crude.

Back
Top Bottom