What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Not it is not easy, I guess that's why we choose the F110 engines, because we have experience on it, our engineers know the engine last but most importantly our domestic engine will have lots of similarities with it. As we can remember that we heard two engine options for HÜRJET. TA had to repeat wind tunnel testing and minor design changes for both engines due to their differences.
Who is we? Tusas, TEI? Are they involve in TRMotor.

TUSAS has a significant amount of experience with F110 engine capabilities. Only TUSAS involved the TRMotor yet, but my guess TRMotor will be reshaped and TEI will also be part of it soon.

You cant sidelined TEI, if you are serious in this project.

TEI belongs Tusas i am sure tei engineers are also part of tr motor team

HrFVI5.png

Last edited:
tei is own by turkish state and GE . i heard thats the reason why tei did not take the motor project.it may be true i dont know.

Not it is not easy, I guess that's why we choose the F110 engines, because we have experience on it, our engineers know the engine last but most importantly our domestic engine will have lots of similarities with it. As we can remember that we heard two engine options for HÜRJET. TA had to repeat wind tunnel testing and minor design changes for both engines due to their differences.

Have the US government approved the sales of F110 engine to Turkey?

You have good intentions but do not have much information. The Som - Atmaca engine is a cruise missile engine, so its life is short, it does not require high metallurgy. TEI manufactures parts for turbine engines for world giants and is already testing the Turboshaft engine and will deliver it for field tests this year.

Sorry for late response,

I know already that cruise missile engine doesnt need to have long life span since it will be crushed not long after the missile is launched.

The engine indeed doesnt need high metallurgy but you forget about thrust component. If they can build enough engine power with sufficient thrust for cruise missile, they have better possibility to make higher thrust engine for jet fighter, they can later outsource the material from other companies who have better metallurgy knowledge like TEI to make it has better endurance. So it should be a cooperation between different companies.

There is reason of why Kale is appointed as the one who will develop SOM cruise missile engine. I dont have any problem whether it is Kale or TEI or any one else but the one who is currently developing and design SOM missile engine should be the one who will develop TFX jet engine.

Here is the history about F 5 jet engine.

Design and development
The J85 was originally designed to power a large decoy missile, the McDonnell ADM-20 Quail. The Quail was designed to be released from a B-52 Stratofortress in-flight and fly for long distances in formation with the launch aircraft, multiplying the number of targets facing the SA-2 surface-to-air missile operators on the ground. This mission demanded a small engine that could nevertheless provide enough power to keep up with the jet bomber. Like the similar Armstrong Siddeley Viper being built in England, the engine on a Quail drone had no need to last for extended periods of time, so therefore could be built of low-quality materials.

The fit was a success on the Quail, but again like the Viper it was later built with normal grade materials and subsequently used to power small jet aircraft, including the Northrop T-38 Talon, Northrop F-5, Canadair CT-114 Tutor, and Cessna A-37 Dragonfly light attack aircraft. More recently, J85s have powered the Scaled Composites White Knight aircraft, the carrier for the Scaled Composites SpaceShipOne spacecraft, and the Me 262 Project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Electric_J85

It appears that hurjet will be similar to JF17 after all. I remember several Turkish members making critical remarks about JF17 when someone suggested you buy the plane. Importance it seems doesn't lie with the plane itself but the ability to integrate your own weapons and hardware onto a platform and possessing the source codes. But it will take a while to make it a mature proven platform unless it is planned mainly to be used as a technology demonstrator for the TFX.

5 engine is delivered to TAI Last month You should check last a couple page for source

The 5 engines that were delivered were specıfically provided to be used for the prototype TFX (not Hürjet).

It appears that hurjet will be similar to JF17 after all. I remember several Turkish members making critical remarks about JF17 when someone suggested you buy the plane. Importance it seems doesn't lie with the plane itself but the ability to integrate your own weapons and hardware onto a platform and possessing the source codes. But it will take a while to make it a mature proven platform unless it is planned mainly to be used as a technology demonstrator for the TFX.
Hurjet is planned to be used as a jet trainer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom