What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

What this requires is the composition formula and alloy / carbon fibre industry. Building one would take time and then the product to eventually evolve into a production grade would require high cost and time. Cost might not be an issue but time is a problem.

Surely Turkish Brothers are capable of attaining the knowledge and expertise.

Nope bro. If we are talking about Turbine blades.... it requires the metallurgy of Nickel Based Single Crystal Supper-alloys. And we started that project 3 years ago.

From Tubitak's project 1007– SAVTAG- SSM–2012–02 http://www.pdo.yildiz.edu.tr/login/sys/admin/announcement/img/Nikel Bazlı Tek Kristal Süperalaşımların Geliştirilmesi.pdf

Scope of the Project: To develop Nickel Based Single Crystal Kristal Supperalloys to be used in the gas turbine engine of the aerial platforms.

This RFP issued in February 2012. Timeline for the project is 30 months so, it is either finished or about to be finished. Meaning we will have necessary tech to produce engines most difficult part in terms of metallurgy.

What this requires is the composition formula and alloy / carbon fibre industry. Building one would take time and then the product to eventually evolve into a production grade would require high cost and time. Cost might not be an issue but time is a problem.

Do you know how computer scientists overcome the computational performance increment stalls, they employ parallel processing. That translates to multiple workgroups working on each project when you want to shorten the time needed to make progress.

10448732_928957953788018_7058755017530594062_n.jpg

For Turkey to try to make another GE or RR is perhaps too much to
  • Do we see that the Kale 3500 turbojet engine for the SOM cruise missile is alive and kicking right now? Yes we do.
  • Is the Altay tank getting closer to mass production by the day? Yes it is.
  • Have the Sierra Nevada Company started a subsidiary in Ankara just the other day? Yes they have.
  • Are there works already started for turbine engine development? Yes there are.
  • Are many companies head hunting for engine development as we speak? Yes they are.
The only major hurdle in the development of a high performance jet engine is the turbine blades. We will make them.

The difference between a rocket engine and a jet fighter engine is like the difference between a child's toy car and a Formula 1 car. I'm not saying Turkey can't do it, but it's an extremely elite club of nations who can do it. And they have been doing it for close to 70 years. Only the Chinese are different, but they graduate over 1 million engineers a year. So we'll see. I hope it works, but I believe there are other priorities. Steps at a time, no need to jump from a cliff.

For Turkey to try to make another GE or RR is perhaps too much to

The difference between a rocket engine and a jet fighter engine is like the difference between a child's toy car and a Formula 1 car. I'm not saying Turkey can't do it, but it's an extremely elite club of nations who can do it. And they have been doing it for close to 70 years. Only the Chinese are different, but they graduate over 1 million engineers a year. So we'll see. I hope it works, but I believe there are other priorities. Steps at a time, no need to jump from a cliff.

No one is targeting a position held by GE, RR for the next 50 years. Unless a breakthrough happen to come our way unexpectedly. However we should be able to build our own heli and fighter engines just like France does.

No one is targeting a position held by GE, RR for the next 50 years. Unless a breakthrough happen to come our way unexpectedly. However we should be able to build our own heli and fighter engines just like France does.

Yep, noble goal. Should be doable.

How would you like a fighter type jet of your own while not even being in military?

slide_3img.png

Ah yes, by the same token the world must be laughing at the visuals used by TAI.

Milli muharip uçağımızla ilgili karar savunma sanayi icra kurulundan bildiğiniz gibi çıkmış bulunuyor. Bu uçağı 2023 yılında semalarımızda, 2030 yılında da Hava Kuvvetlerimizin envanterinde görmeyi arzu ediyoruz. Ben biraz tez canlıyım, aslında bunu öne çekmenin gayreti içerisinde de olmamız lazım. Ne kadar öne çekebilirsek o kadar isabetli olacak

We want to see TFX flying in the year 2023 and in the inventory in 2030. And I am a little impatient says President Erdoğan and "We should strive to bring the timeframe near. The nearer the better" he adds.

My type of leader, really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom