What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

F-35 was designed to met the Requirement of USAF, USN & USMC to replace their cold War Era Fighter, there must be several Compromises made ! Also the Development of the Engines needet some financial Ressources. TF-X is far different, it's the requirement for an Air Superiority Fighter for TurAF !
I have to be honest. I fully support this and hope it happens. But we have to be reasonable. Turkey doesn't have much experience in aerospace. The ATAK is helping a lot, but it's a tilt rotor, and wasn't designed by us. The basic frame I mean.

To develop a full fledges stealth fighter without experience is a very tall order. Sure, with outside help a lot is possible. But I doubt the time frame and budget mentioned. The idea is good though, tens of billions can be spend inside TR, and perhaps one day even exported. That's what 1st world countries are made of.

I have to be honest. I fully support this and hope it happens. But we have to be reasonable. Turkey doesn't have much experience in aerospace. The ATAK is helping a lot, but it's a tilt rotor, and wasn't designed by us. The basic frame I mean.

To develop a full fledges stealth fighter without experience is a very tall order. Sure, with outside help a lot is possible. But I doubt the time frame and budget mentioned. The idea is good though, tens of billions can be spend inside TR, and perhaps one day even exported. That's what 1st world countries are made of.

It's not only ATAK alone don't forget Hurkus, Anka and the Involvment in F-35 all those Project TAI gains experience and this pave the Way for TF-x !

It's not only ATAK alone don't forget Hurkus, Anka and the Involvment in F-35 all those Project TAI gains experience and this pave the Way for TF-x !

True. I forgot about the trainer. But see, BAE is also a major SUBcontractor, but people doubt they could be a prime contractor. Indeed Turkey is taking all the right steps, but designing an entire stealth fighter might be too much for now. It's a very privileged clup of superpower who can make their own stealth jets. Even fighter jets of the 4th gen. Even though I wonder how the F Saab makes the Gripen, tiny country. But I hope I'm wrong, and in cooperation with the Koreans and Japanese we might pull it off!

Arkadaşlar hakikaten anlayamıyorum sizin TFX'in üretime gircek halini bu kadar erken görme beklentinizi. İfadeler apaçık net. 2 sene kavramsal tasarım çalışmaları yapıldı.Uçak tek motor mu çift motor mu olacak. Nasıl kanat yapısına sahip olacak. Delta kanard olacak mı olmayacak mı... 3 farklı tasarımda bizi alakadar eden noktalar sadece bunlar. O tasarımlarda uçağın nasıl gözükeceği değil ne tür genel özelliklere sahip olacağı üzerinde çalışıldı. Şimdi ön tasarım dönemi başlıyo yani gerçekten TFX nasıl olacak bunu yavaş yavaş görmeye başlayacağız. Elbette o 3 modelden birine benzeyecek çünkü zaten bütün 5. nesil savaş uçakları birbirine benzeyen araçlar. Ondan sonra da detay tasarım süreci başlayacak ve iyice şekillenip son halini alacak. Açıklamalara da bakıldığında ön tasarım ve detay tasarım 4 sene sürecek. Dolayısıyla hemen hatta IDEF'15'te TFX'i beklemek yanlış... Eğer tabi bizim bilgimizden çok önce bu çalışmalar yapılmadıysa...

If only I could spare my time, It is very tempting to do a shadow development of my ideal of TF-X with input from fans.

TFX-Rouge.png

Shaping up.

1+ billion $ for detail design phase is a good money...
Bro i got some questions in my mind. get ready, im going to ask them... ;)
when are they planning to finish the detailed design? what sub systems Turkey should develop for the jet, according to you?
as i know, there is plan for AESA in 2023, also BVR and WVR missiles will be presented. i mean what is left that will require much time to finish this project? im just curious..

1+ billion $ for detail design phase is a good money...

If the outcome of the design proces come out with high quality then it is worth it. I will be doing detailing of my design as far as I can, for free.

Back
Top Bottom