What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Many projects will be (expected) finished at 2023-2025. Strange.
For what reason do you think is it so? You think it is a natural progress for this kind of projects, or, just a political speech to influence the society in order to get more votes in the coming elections?

I personally think most of military projects will be completed soon, maybe before 2023, except fighter jet and domestic tank motor.

Last edited:
Many projects will be (expected) finished at 2023-2025. Strange.

Yeah, it's strange that there are no projects planned to finish in the year 2045. Really strange. What do you think might be causing this strange gap in projects for the year 2045?

Yeah, it's strange that there are no projects planned to finish in the year 2045. Really strange. What do you think might be causing this strange gap in projects for the year 2045?

I don't know any military equipment that R&D process would be longer than 15-20 years. Tfx project suppose to complete in 2029 but with local engine development project it is likely that it will delay. So We are already planning really long term.

Seems that RR and Kale think they will for sure produce the engine. I am awaiting a surprise from TEI. Maybe with .... ? I am not sure that they will go with GE.

Lock refused ToT of key component for the AESA...

Defence and security company Saab has received an order for support of algorithm development and evaluation for airborne AESA fighter radar. The radar development programme is led by the Korean Agency for Defence Development (ADD) and Saab will work in cooperation with ADD and its contractual partner LIG Nex1. The order value is MSEK 125.
http://saabgroup.com/Media/news-pre...esa-radar-development-program-in-south-korea/

Lock refused ToT of key component for the AESA...

Though Lockheed was going to help S.Koreans with AESA radar... Interesting Indeed

Now Koreans are talking about acquiring the coveted active electronically scanned array radar, known by the acronym AESA; infrared search and track, IRST; electronics optics targeting pod, EOTGP; and radio frequency or RF jammer, from European manufacturers.

The technology for these four devices is evidently so advanced that the U.S. does not want to take the slightest risk of China or others acquiring it. AESA tells friend from foe, IRST detects when missiles are fired, EOTGP finds targets with amazing accuracy and the RF jammer shuts down high-powered electronic gizmos and gadgets.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/donald...m-of-making-its-own-kfx-fighter/#15685f7272c5

Last edited:
Have you guys seen Trump's new "National Security Document"? America now sees pretty much everyone as an enemy or a potential enemy, including many "allies". For Trump, it's always AMERICA FIRST.

This view perhaps isn't new, but it's a lot more emphasized under Trump's administration. This is inevitably going to result in US defense companies' losing traction around the world, and other countries' companies (in this case, the Brits) will happily fill the void.

France, UK , Brits and Italy are welcome partners. Germans should be excluded from Turkish Defense Projects.

1e81b94e13e64eab941ea4efbcf2f553_6.jpg

Projects in far future means Turkey has learned to think in long terms.

For what reason do you think is it so? You think it is a natural progress for this kind of projects, or, just a political speech to influence the society in order to get more votes in the coming elections?

I personally think most of military projects will be completed soon, maybe before 2023, except fighter jet and domestic tank motor.

Political speech.

Back
Top Bottom