What's new

Tesla sells over 54k vehicles in China in October, nearly 14k domestically and 40k export

The BYD Han EV with its supa-dupa advanced non-flammable blade battery is specifically the hands down obvious "Tesla killer" according to the incredibly knowledgeable Chinese PDF experts who understand the consumer auto market...it's been out for 15 months and struggles to achieve sales above 8,500 a month.
Still beat its comparable model the Tesla Model 3.

Last edited:
Still beat its comparable model the Tesla Model 3.

Nope, not going to outsell the Tesla Model 3 this year.
With the nail-in-the-coffin ~20,000 Model 3's sold in September compared to the paltry ~7,000 Han EV's it's pretty much a given the Han EV isn't.

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.54.11 PM.jpg

Even if the BYD Han EV was to set crazy records and sell 20,000 cars a month for November and December and the Tesla Model 3 sold 0 it still wouldn't catch up.

58251+8287+20000+20000=106,538
The Model 3 already at 111,875 in September.

With the nail-in-the-coffin ~20,000 Model 3's sold in September compared to the paltry ~7,000 Han EV's it's pretty much a given the Han EV isn't.

View attachment 791577

Even if the BYD Han EV was to set crazy records and sell 20,000 cars a month for November and December and the Tesla Model 3 sold 0 it still wouldn't catch up.

Model 3 is a 4 year old model though. whereas han is 15 months and it isnt bad when you see it that way.

View attachment 791577

Don't show me the cumulative sales, which include the sales before its sales crashed... don't you know the montly sales of model 3 has already fallen off the cliff? Montly sales of model 3 is negligible in the first 2 months of every quater now:
1636436219276.png

This month should be similar.
Not to mention another ~3,000 Han PH EV sold every month.
As for model Y, it is not the right comparable model of the BYD Han. If you want to count all models, Tesla can't match BYD which has over 80,000 monthly EV sales.

Last edited:
Don't show me the cumulative sales, which include the sales before its sales crashed... don't you know the montly sales of model 3 has already fallen off the cliff? Montly sales of model 3 is negligible in the first 2 months of every quater now:
View attachment 791592
This month should be similar.
Not to mention another ~3,000 Han PH EV sold every month.
As for model Y, it is not the right comparable model of the BYD Han. If you want to count all models, Tesla can't match BYD which has over 80,000 monthly EV sales.

We will see when the totals for 2021 roll in.

Then to make you happy they both will start at 0 again on January 1st and round 3 (2020, 2021, 2022) will start...

We will see when the totals for 2021 roll in.

Then to make you happy they both will start at 0 again on January 1st and round 3 (2020, 2021, 2022) will start...
Total for 2021 doesn't matter as it includes the sales of several months before the Model 3 sales crashed. What matters is the sales after the sales crashed.

Last edited:
Tesla is helping China to earn more foreign exchange by exporting made in China Tesla EV, he could have export them from USA .... Doesn't help improving US's degrading Balance of Trade with the World.

After GigaBerlin opens in a few months Tesla will concentrate most of its China factory output on the local market (plus Korea, Australia/NZ and Middle East) to keep up the pressure on low BYD, Nio, and Xpeng sales. If they can maintain keeping their rivals models from having high sales a second factory will definitely open selling more specific Made-for-China models.

aahaha kinda true. Funny enough i never understood why the CCP allowed Tesla to set up shop in China, and surprisingly they allowed Tesla to own 100% of their plant, unlike other western auto manufacturer who were forced to enter JV with China's inefficient state owned auto makers(these JV still hasn't helped them much though. lol ). Tesla by contrast was allowed to own and run their company 100% without any need for silly JV or giving half control to a Chinese conglomerate, and this is even surprising given that Chinese EV makers are still in their infancy/growing stage, so you would have thought that the CCP would have stopped Tesla from setting up a wholly owned factory so early on and allowed Chinese EV makers to grow to a certain extent where they are large and dominant enough in their home market before giving Tesla the green light. Or maybe it was the pressure from Trump that accelerated things, we will never know.
Anyway, it's not that bad, since it forces Chinese EV makers to up their game and compete with the best i guess. However, Elon Musk is the biggest winner here, since he has the biggest auto market in the world were he can sell his cars and he didn't have to share any control on his company there with a local partner. Another big win for him since Chinese EV market will only grow larger and larger with each passing year. Tesla is set to be present and dominant in every continent around the world(they already dominate every corner of the globe, China was the last untapped market for them) . Elon will only widen the gap between him and the richest people on earth. He just might be the world's first trillionaire indeed. That's not counting SPACE X who is set to dominate the world's space sector as well. This dude is a genius indeed.
BYD is a private company. The big players are the state owned ones like BAIC, SAIC, Dongfeng, FAW.
The state owned ones are even the most inefficient/ineffective. At least private Chinese companies have more chance to compete against the best globally.
Tesla is helping China to earn more foreign exchange by exporting made in China Tesla EV, he could have export them from USA .... Doesn't help improving US's degrading Balance of Trade with the World.
Yes Apple is helping China as well in this regard. Please allow more American companies to set up shop and dominate world markets. Win-win for both sides i guess, after all Tesla and Apple are all Chinese companies. :D

Last edited:
14k sold in china.

Because
aahaha kinda true. Funny enough i never understood why the CCP allowed Tesla to set up shop in China, and surprisingly they allowed Tesla to own 100% of their plant, unlike other western auto manufacturer who were forced to enter JV with China's inefficient state owned auto makers(these JV still hasn't helped them much though. lol ). Tesla by contrast was allowed to own and run their company 100% without any need for silly JV or giving half control to a Chinese conglomerate, and this is even surprising given that Chinese EV makers are still in their infancy/growing stage, so you would have thought that the CCP would have stopped Tesla from setting up a wholly owned factory so early on and allowed Chinese EV makers to grow to a certain extent where they are large and dominant enough in their home market before giving Tesla the green light. Or maybe it was the pressure from Trump that accelerated things, we will never know.
Anyway, it's not that bad, since it forces Chinese EV makers to up their game and compete with the best i guess. However, Elon Musk is the biggest winner here, since he has the biggest auto market in the world were he can sell his cars and he didnt have to share any control on his company there with a local partner. Another big win for him since Chinese EV market will only grow larger and larger with each passing year. Tesla is set to be present and dominant all ever continent . Elon will only widen the gap between him and the richest people on earth. He just might be the world's first trillionaire indeed. That's not counting space X who is set to dominate the world's space sector as well. This dude is a genius indeed.

The state owned ones are even the most inefficient/ineffective. At least private Chinese companies have more chance to compete against the best globally.

Yes Apple is helping China as well in this regard. Please allow more American companies to set up shop and dominate world markets. Win-win for both sides i guess, after all Tesla and Apple are all Chinese companies. :D

Tesla is not only dominant in China, it’s dominant globally. And that dominance will continue to grow as Berlin and Austin open.

No one here knows what BYD is, while everyone knows Tesla.

and this is with one week holiday 7 days no manufacture i hope this mounth will be miminum 65 k cars

Made in China :china:

I wonder what the combined exports of BYD, XPeng, and Nio's EVs are?

I'm guessing a few hundred at most. Tesla has been incredibly successful at keeping them at bay.

Not only has their overseas marketshare been squashed but their local marketshare is not doing very well either.

All-electric car sales in Q1-Q3 2021

1. Tesla: 627,371 )
  2. SAIC (incl. SAIC-GM-Wuling): 411,164
  3. Volkswagen Group: 292,769
  4. BYD: 185,796
Anybody who doesn't understand why Tesla's stock is rising should just look at the above.

Last edited:
I wonder what the combined exports of BYD, XPeng, and Nio's EVs are?

I'm guessing a few hundred at most. Tesla has been incredibly successful at keeping them at bay.

Not only has their overseas marketshare been squashed but their local marketshare is not doing very well either.

All-electric car sales in Q1-Q3 2021

1. Tesla: 627,371 )
  2. SAIC (incl. SAIC-GM-Wuling): 411,164
  3. Volkswagen Group: 292,769
  4. BYD: 185,796
Anybody who doesn't understand why Tesla's stock is rising should just look at the above.
tesla is exporting until giga berlin is ramping up intetrsting if they can sell 60-70 k cars in mounth in china

tesla is exporting until giga berlin is ramping up intetrsting if they can sell 60-70 k cars in mounth in china

As @F-22Raptor and I have been saying once the GigaBerlin gets up and running and the FSD matures it will be gameover time. That Chinese factory can spit out cheap little custom cars with the cheapest Chinese batteries just for the Chinese market.

Last edited:
As @F-22Raptor and I have been saying once the GigaBerlin gets up and running and the FSD matures it will be gameover time. That Chinese factory can spit out little custom cars with the crappy CATL batteries just for the Chinese market.
i saw the fsd of tesla if far away from level 5 minimim 5 years

Back
Top Bottom