What's new

Tesla sells over 54k vehicles in China in October, nearly 14k domestically and 40k export

Chinese suppliers, e.g., CATL will get lots of profit by selling their products to the world, the FWOCB (Four Wheels on Chinese Batteries) Tesla is their packaging plant and sales department to do that.
I meant profits from selling the cars. Cost of materials is subtracted from it.
It's obvious both Tesla and China enjoy the advantages of having that factory in China, otherwise it wouldn't have been there.

Profit is mutual. However in terms of advantages I think Tesla is at the advantage, since there's more margin of profit in selling cars than there is in selling parts that make up the cars.
However one could argue Chinese engineers get more experience which could make Chinese cars better, and maybe even better than Tesla and provide it tough competition. Just hypothetically though.

I meant profits from selling the cars. Cost of materials is subtracted from it.
It's obvious both Tesla and China enjoy the advantages of having that factory in China, otherwise it wouldn't have been there.

Profit is mutual. However in terms of advantages I think Tesla is at the advantage, since there's more margin of profit in selling cars than there is in selling parts that make up the cars.
However one could argue Chinese engineers get more experience which could make Chinese cars better, and maybe even better than Tesla and provide it tough competition. Just hypothetically though.
I should say their marketing strategy is worth learning, though...

I should say their marketing strategy is worth learning, though...
Yeah, It's funny because their market strategy involves no advertisements at all, he just made the car the brand everyone thinks of when people talk about electric cars, just by making the first good looking electric car with acceptable range that isn't some ugly Nissan Leaf, and then passed the advertising role to the people.

Yeah, It's funny because their market strategy involves no advertisements at all, he just made the car the brand everyone thinks of when people talk about electric cars, just by making the first good looking electric car with acceptable range that isn't some ugly Nissan Leaf, and then passed the advertising role to the people.

Tesla's marketing is Elon Musk's tweets basically (and I guess rare interviews). Considering he is the richest man in the world (~$240B) due to it he certainly could be crowned the most successful user of the internet ever.

The Chinese EV company's could try and match his advertising...but nobody outside of China knows who their CEO's are...or worse yet when they do say something...nobody cares.

Tesla's marketing is Elon Musk's tweets basically (and I guess rare interviews). Considering he is the richest man in the world (~$240B) due to it he certainly could be crowned the most successful user of the internet ever.

The Chinese EV company's could try and match his advertising...but nobody outside of China knows who their CEO's are...or worse yet when they do say something...nobody cares.
You have to think what led to the other, his marketing led to him to become the richest, not the opposite.

The fact he's the richest man is just the result of it.

All profits go to the US, while China gets a lot of high quality jobs, and the entire world gets more electric cars.
Seems like a win for everyone.

Tesla already gave all the upfront money to Chinese companies to make parts and keep the core IP on components like battery and semiconductor.

It is Tesla that took on the risk of making a profit. Chinese companies already shed the risk when Tesla (or more accurately, US investors) put the upfront money in China.

Now with the 250k car recall their reputation in China is going down the drain.

Tesla already gave all the upfront money to Chinese companies to make parts and keep the core IP on components like battery and semiconductor.

It is Tesla that took on the risk of making a profit. Chinese companies already shed the risk when Tesla (or more accurately, US investors) put the upfront money in China.

Now with the 250k car recall their reputation in China is going down the drain.
Tesla indeed risked the upfront money, obviously. It wouldn't be Chinese government that pays to build the factories and cars.

Tesla made an investment, call it "risked their money" . The demand for Tesla cars is huge, it needed to raise its supply, every upfront dollar will return many times its worth.

The car recall doesn't necessarily ruin its reputation. The most reliable car brands have recalls. It even shows it has responsibility, to do such a large and costly move for the safety of its customers even though this risk is almost statistically impossible. I doubt most Chinese car companies would have done the same.

The car recall doesn't necessarily ruin its reputation. The most reliable car brands have recalls. It even shows it has responsibility, to do such a large and costly move for the safety of its customers even though this risk is almost statistically impossible. I doubt most Chinese car companies would have done the same.

They will be fine. They have battled much worse than a hood latch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom