What's new

Tesla [first in World] Full Self Driving v9 BETA using only Vision/AI finally released.

I am old school i don't feel comfy with anyone including my wife behind the wheels :p and here its not about being behind the wheels its about wheels having a mind of its own ... God damn !!!!

I am old school i don't feel comfy with anyone including my wife behind the wheels :p and here its not about being behind the wheels its about wheels having a mind of its own ... God damn !!!!

In the future it will be considered reckless for a human to attempt to drive a car themselves. It will be seen like you attempting to extract a bullet out of your own leg instead of going to a doctor.

U.S. auto safety regulators on Monday opened a formal safety probe into Tesla Inc's (TSLA.O) driver assistance system Autopilot after a series of crashes involving Tesla models and emergency vehicles.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said it had identified 11 crashes since January 2018 in which Teslas "have encountered first responder scenes and subsequently struck one or more vehicles involved with those scenes."

The probe will take in 765,000 U.S. vehicles with Autopilot built since 2014. Tesla shares closed down 4.3% on the news.

U.S. auto safety regulators on Monday opened a formal safety probe into Tesla Inc's (TSLA.O) driver assistance system Autopilot after a series of crashes involving Tesla models and emergency vehicles.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said it had identified 11 crashes since January 2018 in which Teslas "have encountered first responder scenes and subsequently struck one or more vehicles involved with those scenes."

The probe will take in 765,000 U.S. vehicles with Autopilot built since 2014. Tesla shares closed down 4.3% on the news.

Nobody was complaining yesteryear when people would flip on cruise control to 65 and fall asleep at the wheel (with no radar). I never used the cruise control in any of my cars as that had to be the most dangerous invention ever.

Last edited:
Hey nobody was complaining yesteryear when people would flip on cruise control to 65 and fall asleep at the wheel (with no radar). I never used the cruise control in any of my cars as that had to be the most dangerous invention ever.

Let's see what NHTSA finds in its investigation of Tesla's Autopilot.

Tesla makes the history books with the first vision only self driving system.

View attachment 761269
Tesla has finally released its highly-anticipated Full Self-Driving Beta v9 software update.

Here’s what it looks like.

It was a long time coming, but when CEO Elon Musk put an actual date on the release, we knew it was around the corner and Tesla stuck to it.

Last night, the automaker started pushing Tesla FSD Beta v9, a new software update for Tesla’s ‘feature complete’ version of its self-driving software package.

The new version is now using Tesla Vision, a computer vision system that only relies on optical imagery and not any readings from the radar sensor that was previously an important part of Tesla’s sensor suite.

Musk has been touting the new update as “mind-blowing” and an important step toward Tesla’s FSD package actually delivering a true full self-driving system

Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta v9 Release Notes
Tesla didn’t go into many details about the improvements to the driving system in the release notes.

Instead, the automaker mainly reiterated important warnings regarding the use of the feature:

The release notes also include some comments on “driving visualization improvements” – what Musk called “mind of car” view recently.

Tesla wrote in the notes about the new driving visualization as it applies to Model S and Model X, which are equipped with an instrument cluster screen:

Here’s what it looks like on a Model S/X instrument panel:

Tesla-FSd-v9-.jpg

The change is not as drastic for Model 3 and Model Y vehicles, which don’t have a separate instrument panel and instead, the information listed above is displayed on the center screen.

However, the actual rendering of the visualizations have also improved for all vehicles, including Model 3 and Model Y.

Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta v9 First Drives
The new update is only being pushed to Tesla’s early access program for now. Based on the latest information released by Tesla, the program consists of about 2,000 Tesla owners and the majority are Tesla employees.

Some of them are already posting videos of their first drives with the new version of the software.

Electrek’s Take
The driving visualization looks like a massive improvement. The lines are much clearer, the intersections are beautifully displayed, and the object detection looks on point.

As for the actual driving behavior, it looks like the testers are seeing some improvements, but the tests have so far being mostly at night and in low traffic situations.

Self driving?? You got to be kidding me ! IS THIS WHY TESLA CARS KEEPS CRASHING?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

U.S. Will Investigate Tesla’s Autopilot System Over Crashes With Emergency Vehicles
It will be the broadest look yet at Tesla’s assisted-driving technology. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has the authority to force a recall or require new safety features.

Tesla Autopilot is being investigated by NHTSA over 11 crashes involving first responder vehicles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom