What's new

Terrorists’ hideouts in Afghanistan bombed for second day

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LANDIKOTAL/RAWALPINDI: Several militants affiliated with Jamaatul Ahrar were killed when the security forces bombed their hideouts in the Rena area of Afghanistan situated near the Pakistan border on the second consecutive day on Saturday.

Reports received from the area indicated that the Pakistani troops successfully targeted the hideouts of Jamaatul Ahrar across the border and inflicted huge casualties on them.

Our correspondent said 15 militants, including a commander, were killed while their four hideouts were destroyed in an operation by the security forces in the Pak-Afghan border area.

Officials sources said heavy weapons and mortar shells were used to destroy the Jamaatul Ahrar fighters’ sanctuaries in Rena Parchao. The sources said that some of the hideouts of militants in Mohmand Agency adjacent to Khyber Agency were also targeted.

The border crossing at Torkham and Ghulam Khan were kept closed and curfew was imposed near the border. More than 500 shops and private offices also remained closed.

The security forces sources said Adil Bacha, deputy commander of Jamaatul Ahrar, was also among the dead. On the other hand, families from the border area of Rena Parchao have started moving to safer areas in Loey Shalman.

Assistant Political Agent of Landikotal Niaz Muhammad confirmed the migration of the residents and said that around eight to 10 families have been displaced. However, independent sources said that around 1,500 individuals have been displaced from Rena Parchao and shifted to other places.

Pakistan Customs spokesman at the Torkham border, Mehmoodul Hasan, told The News that after the closure of Torkham customs offices, they also closed the border crossing points at Kharlachi, Borki and Teri Mangal in Kurram Agency. He said that due to closure of the border, a number of heavy trucks loaded with fresh fruit and vegetables have also been stranded on the Pak-Afghan border at various spots.

Torkham passport official Shamsul Islam said all the government offices including the National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra), National Logistics Cell, Pakistan Customs, Federal Investigation Agency and other offices at Torkham remained closed on the second consecutive day on Saturday. He said that only Torkham border administration offices were open on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Pakistani Ambassador to Kabul Abrar Hussain was summoned to Afghan Foreign Office on Saturday and a protest was lodged over what Kabul says shelling from Pakistan into district Lal Pur in Nagarhar province and in district Sarkano of Kunar province.

Afghanistan’s foreign ministry summoned the Pakistani Ambassador in Kabul where Deputy Foreign Minister Hekmat Khalil Karzai asked for an explanation but also gave his condolences regarding the recent suicide attacks in Pakistan.

Abrar Hussain said all of the recent attacks in Pakistan were found to have been coordinated by terrorists based in Afghanistan. According to sources from the embassy, the Afghan foreign office claimed in the meeting that Pakistan was carrying out shelling across the Pak-Afghan border.

The Afghan foreign office further claimed that some Afghan soldiers had also been killed in these strikes.

Ambassador Abrar Hussain, in response, informed the Afghan foreign office that Pakistan had witnessed eight blasts in the past five days. He said all of these attacks were traced back to terrorist elements based on the Afghan soil.

Trade should not be discontinued. This will hurt businesses on both sides, and nobody will pay traders for their losses.

Shelling is not the solution. It may hurt poor civilians and will displace terrorists deeper inside afghan terrority. Use Burraq for precision targeting--costly but effective method.

Need to keep this tempo. We should also send our soldiers with gunships to take out terrorist bases in Afghanistan.
No boots on ground. Why to endanger percious lives of our soilders for 2 cents value scums. Ground op. when local public (afghan tribes) is on your back. We should learn lessons from '65 war when our forces went deep inside India and suffered heavy casualties.

Trade should not be discontinued. This will hurt businesses on both sides, and nobody will pay traders for their losses.

Shelling is not the solution. It may hurt poor civilians and will displace terrorists deeper inside afghan terrority. Use Burraq for precision targeting--costly but effective method.

No boots on ground. Why to endanger percious lives of our soilders for 2 cents value scums. Ground op. when local public (afghan tribes) is on your back. We should learn lessons from '65 war when our forces went deep inside India and suffered heavy casualties.

I agree that artillery shelling is not the ideal way to deal with this issue. I personally support small SOF teams, backed by ISI S Wing intel + F16s for whom the SSG can "laze" targets. Gunships or modified AC-130s can provide close air cover if needed.

Pretty sure he is referring to a small/covert SSG raiding party (like Israel sent to Syria to collect radioactive soil samples around a suspected enrichment site before sending in F16s to destroy it; there are countless other examples).

The SSG exists for high-risk ops behind enemy lines. If you are too scared to ever use them, might as well disband them or rebrand them as an internal SWAT team.

I agree that artillery shelling is not the ideal way to deal with this issue. I personally support small SOF teams, backed by ISI S Wing intel + F16s for whom the SSG can "laze" targets. Gunships or modified AC-130s can provide close air cover if needed.

Pretty sure he is referring to a small/covert SSG raiding party (like Israel sent to Syria to collect radioactive soil samples around a suspected enrichment site before sending in F16s to destroy it; there are countless other examples).

The SSG exists for high-risk ops behind enemy lines. If you are too scared to ever use them, might as well disband them or rebrand them as an internal SWAT team.
I know SSG can do this. Im fully aware of their capabilities but my POV was: why to risk lives and waste thousand dollars missiles of F-16s or Gunships to target $100 tents when you can do this with drones precisely.
Do aerial strikes (by drones) to blow their compounds and the remaining can be eliminated by on ground proxies.

Is this not enough evidence for US senate, how its own military is closing eyes from terror camps. Running under their nose!!!!!!
Shouldn't highly paid Pakistan senate and parliament ask for some explanation here?

Just keep pak afghan border closed , afghans will be forced to do whatever we will demand

Is this not enough evidence for US senate, how its own military is closing eyes from terror camps. Running under their nose!!!!!!
Shouldn't highly paid Pakistan senate and parliament ask for some explanation here?
You doubt hypocrisy of US

BTSX---Press-Release---R1_33.jpg

I know SSG can do this. Im fully aware of their capabilities but my POV was: why to risk lives and waste thousand dollars missiles of F-16s or Gunships to target $100 tents when you can do this with drones precisely.
Do aerial strikes (by drones) to blow their compounds and the remaining can be eliminated by on ground proxies.

There are some issues of loiter time, etc., but I am sure they will use the drones if need be.

Many hide in cave compounds that survived even US heavy bombing, so it's not as simple as getting guys in openly pitched tents.

Do check out "Not a Good to Die" (on Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan) and "Inside Al-Qaeda and the Taliban: Beyond Bin Laden and 9/11" --- one gains a thorough appreciation of operations in that terrain (and the massive advantage that the terrorists have there for moving under cover of caves / thick forests across the Durand Line).

There are some issues of loiter time, etc., but I am sure they will use the drones if need be.

Many hide in cave compounds that survived even US heavy bombing, so it's not as simple as getting guys in openly pitched tents.

Do check out "Not a Good to Die" (on Operation Anaconda in Afghanistan) and "Inside Al-Qaeda and the Taliban: Beyond Bin Laden and 9/11" --- one gains a thorough appreciation of operations in that terrain (and the massive advantage that the terrorists have there for moving under cover of caves / thick forests across the Durand Line).
Agreed but incase we send boots on ground, I fear ANA will retaliate, and we may face problems for backup/CAS. So I dont think forces will go with this option.

Agreed but incase we send boots on ground, I fear ANA will retaliate, and we may face problems for backup/CAS. So I dont think forces will go with this option.

I think ANA will have a hard time dealing with a cocktail of Buraq, F-16s/JF-17s, Cobras and SSGs!

But yes, our High Command will never take that risk --- even though I believe sometimes it is justified to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom