What's new

Terrorist Attack On PAF camp Badaber : 29 people massacred, 13 terrorists killed.

RESPECT.

CPKzF6aUcAAEgcy.jpg

The terrorists should be tracked down to which tribal area they came from and their tribe named and shamed.

bhai mery USA nad afghans themselves want to talk becasue they failed to control taliban
then I guess the only solution is a giant wall and shoot at sight for anyone crossing the border and UN conventions be damned, mine the hell out of it.

Dude........It might be failure of intelligence & Camp Office security wing.
They ever will make targets unknown and unfamiliar.

Remember that we are in state of war.
& Second........That's not Cricket match.
Hold your wish list.

This incident is an intelligence failure and on operation front the terrorists have been eliminated pretty quickly

This camp just had residential quarters for the airforce....unfortunately it looks like the 16 killed in the mosque belong to the airforce.

Without any doubts they belong to the air force as the mosque was situated inside the camp.

BBC: Gunmen attack Pakistan air force base in Peshawar

_85613744_hi029123026.jpg

At least 16 people have been killed in a militant attack on a Pakistani air force base in Peshawar, officials say.

The gunmen stormed a guard post and then entered the Badaber air base and attacked a mosque at the site, Major General Asim Bajwa said.

He said security forces killed 13 militants and a hunt was on for the remaining gunmen.

The Pakistani Taliban said they ordered the attack. Peshawar has frequently been targeted by militants.

Last December more than 150 students and teachers were killed when Taliban gunmen attacked an army-run school in the city.

Gen Bajwa said a rapid response force engaged the attackers on Friday morning and contained them around a guard room.

"Clearance operations" were in progress to secure the site, he added.

_85613795_hi029122315.jpg

A military official, who did not want to be named, told the Reuters news agency that the militants had "explosives-laden jackets and were armed with hand-propelled grenades, mortars, AK-47 rifles".

Reports say about 20 people, including 10 soldiers, were also injured in the exchange of fire.

In an email, Pakistani Taliban spokesman Muhammad Khurasani said a "suicidal unit" had carried out the attack.

Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack, saying: "Terrorists will be rooted out from the country."

Gunmen attack Pakistan air force base in Peshawar - BBC News

-------------------------

CNN: Taliban militants attack mosque at air force base in Pakistan, killing 16

Islamabad (CNN)Militants raided an air force base in northwest Pakistan, killing 16 people praying inside a mosque.

The attack on the 10-acre Badaber base outside Peshawar on Friday is the largest assault on military personnel this year. It's the highest profile assault in the area since terrorists killed 145, mostly children, during a school massacre last year.

When the militants attacked the base, security forces responded, killing 13 attackers, Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Asim Bajwa said in a series of tweets.

Bajwa had originally said about 10 militants launched the base attack. Soldiers are combing through the facility looking for any remaining attackers.

The military side suffered 10 injuries, including an Army major who was shot in the thigh, Bajwa said.

The Pakistani Taliban, known in the country as Tehrik-i-Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement.

Badaber Air Base was built by the United States in the 1950s and was used as a listening post to intercept radio information from the Soviet Union.

Taliban militants attack air force base in Pakistan - CNN.com

This is sad, some time ago there was a news that only terrorist are killed. Now we are getting the news that civilians are also killed.
There is no point hiding the casualties. It's just that the news are coming out as and when the Security forces are clearing more and more areas. The Terrorists entered the mosque, fired indiscriminately and martyred 16+ people and injured many more. Then they went about their business in other areas until they met their fate.

You just cannot contain someone who came with the motive of maximum damage and who doesn't care about non combatant deaths

then I guess the only solution is a giant wall and shoot at sight for anyone crossing the border and UN conventions be damned, mine the hell out of it.
afghans will die in hunger they cry even if we close the door let alone fence and mining they cry rivers last time we plan and karzai was jumping like monkey

Ghatiya performance by our security and intelligence forces. They managed to kill 16 of ours. It doesn't matter that we responded very quickly or not. They managed to get to their place of attack unchecked and they achieved what they wanted. Lakh lanat on our security and intelligence apparatus.
easy for you to sit on a forum and tweet/ comment, try to stand outside in hot weather on surveillance duty and see for yourself & then tell me if it is Ghatiya Performance or Hard work ----
Do remind me how many raids have been conducted and how many terror bids have been foiled, but i guess that is not enough ---- though this lapse cannot be justified as aim should be ' Zero' but cut your establishment a little bit of slack --- they deserve it

Less dramai bazian by our security forces and more practical steps can avoid such attacks. Even now we are congratulating each other while they succeeded in massacring 17 of our people.

The way the forces handled the attack deserves full praise. They reacted rapidly and ferociously. The drama didn't drag on for hours as we have seen before. That's certainly commendable.

It's easy to point fingers. It's always difficult to be prepared for such a surprise cowardly attack. It should serve as a learning moment though. We need to improve the security after this experience to limit the amount of casualties.

Back
Top Bottom