What's new

Terror attack on military service bus in central Ankara leaves 28 dead, 61 wounded

There is only Turks in Turkey. Anyone who is a citizen of Turkey is a Turk. But if you mean ethnic groups then yeah we have dosens.

Lol...Then behave like Turks! take your time to measure what you need to do but understand that in your neighborhood there are only jackals and hyenas.

Lol, Alevis are among the strongest nationalists in Turkey.
Didn't they rebel Turkey before?

Dersim massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Koçgiri rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The suppression of the Alevi Rebellion in Turkey: 1938 Dersim [Archive] - The Apricity Forum: A European Cultural Community
Turkey's Alevi Enigma: A Comprehensive Overview - Google Books

Alawites is a highly secretive sect and they're only loyal to their sect rather than nationalism. I believe Alevi is the same thing (??) but different terms to avoid confusion between those from Syria and Turkey.

In a recent article in The New Republic, Soner Cagaptaydiscusses how Syria’s sectarian divisions could exacerbate current divisions in Turkey. Since the Alevis, a minority group in Turkey, identify strongly with Syria’s pro-Assad Alawite minority, any Turkish intervention against Assad could be viewed by the Alevis as Sunni aggression against a fellow minority. Cagaptay explains

Alawites, Alevis, and Assad « The Immanent Frame

Last edited:

To Turks religion really isnt a factor. Presently our Turkish identity isnt influenced or dominated by religion. We arent an ethno-religious group. Besides those rebellions are more "Kurdish" rebellions then actual "Alevi" rebellions. We have several Turkish Alevi members on this very forum. Alevi Turks are extremely nationalistic, even more then the average Turk.

Last edited:
Eleveth divided to 2 part :Turkish and Kurdish

Turkish Alevith's have a real original Turkish DNA and Culture :) They still keep ancient shaman culture. Thats why they are praying with music. This is Turkish culture
They are our brothers. Turkish Aleviths doesnt stay with terrorists.

If Russia fought against another country , Russian economy would be destroyed.
But not only Russian economy would be destroyed, also enemys economy would be destroyed.
Why should Turkey compansate the war against Russia? We have a lot of rich allies.
Everybody are waiting. Nobody moves.
Let them fight.

They use YPG and coerced us to fight.Europeans are vigilant.

Interesting . Obviously you know Turkey better than Turks.

I know what Turks are capable of doing when they are really determined. I know how long the Turks can work to complete a goal. I'm just surprised that nowadays Turks prefer to react rather than act when a situation is first developing.

Nothing great in life can be achieved without being willing to eat bitter. The Turks of the past knew this. I hope the Turks of the present recall it.

The enemies the Turks are dealing with are notorious for trying to cast shadows to portray themselves as vastly more capable than they are.

How is it that the Turks do not know the nature of this enemy? they've fought and defeated them many times before.

Why would they prioritaze them when Hezbollah and Iran are still much greater threat to Israel.
Hezbollah and Iran are no longer a significant active threat to Israel, and in the case of Israel, its her own policies of continuing (and increasing via settlements) occupation despite condemnation from significant parts of the international community and UN Resolutions that is largely behind the absence of any progress in negotiations towards peace
Nor ISIS nor Nusra have significante presece close to Israeli border. Its the same ridiculuse reasoning used for years against Turkey re their focus on PKK/YPG instead of ISIS; simple PKK is an exestential threat to Turkey, ISIS wasnt. And they were proven right.
ISIS is a threat to every country in the region - Pakistan learned this lesson the hard way with respect to their belief that they could control the Afghan Taliban and prevent their cooperation with the TTP and other groups. Yes, there are factions within these groups that are more amenable to negotiation and not cooperating with other groups, but the fragmented nature of these terrorist coalitions and the underlying ideology of hatred and imposition of global 'Caliphate' means that collaboration will occur and if conflict continues, the hard-line factions will prevail.

Turkey is making a huge mistake in not going after ISIS and Al Nusra. Religious extremism cannot be reasoned with - their entire premise is that they are following divine guidance which results in irrational and non-negotiable goals. Nationalist extremism at least has 'rational' goals such as 'independence', which have at their core grievances such as 'lack of political and/or cultural and/or economic autonomy', which can be negotiated and accommodated while keeping the aggrieved parties within the Turkish fold.

Greece condemns ‘heinous attack’ in Ankara

ankarafeb172-thumb-large.jpg

Greece has issued its condolences to Turkey in the wake of the terrorist attack that killed 28 people in Ankara on Wednesday night.

On Thursday President Prokopis Pavlopoulos conveyed his sympathy and condemnation to his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan via Turkey’s ambassador in Athens, Kerim Uras.

Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras spoke to his counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu late on Wednesday to express his support for the Turkish people.

Earlier, the Greek Foreign Ministry had also strongly condemned the deadly blast in the Turkish capital, describing it as a “heinous attack” in a message on the ministry’s Twitter account.

Greece condemns ‘heinous attack’ in Ankara | News | ekathimerini.com

Greece condemns ‘heinous attack’ in Ankara

ankarafeb172-thumb-large.jpg

Greece has issued its condolences to Turkey in the wake of the terrorist attack that killed 28 people in Ankara on Wednesday night.

On Thursday President Prokopis Pavlopoulos conveyed his sympathy and condemnation to his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan via Turkey’s ambassador in Athens, Kerim Uras.

Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras spoke to his counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu late on Wednesday to express his support for the Turkish people.

Earlier, the Greek Foreign Ministry had also strongly condemned the deadly blast in the Turkish capital, describing it as a “heinous attack” in a message on the ministry’s Twitter account.

Greece condemns ‘heinous attack’ in Ankara | News | ekathimerini.com

Hope not crocodile tears as Greek organization about howto support known group, put in place in the same week. What a coincidence is.

The International Criminal Law Bureau – Meeting on Abduction of Abdullah Ocalan – Athens, Greece 15th February 2016

Did i read something about kidnapping Ocalan and bringing to Greece? I dont know man sound too crazy to be true.
Also look at the attendants ... I will not be surprised by anything from now on :-)

@
AgNoStiC MuSliM

Well, I think that Israelis have a quite good grasp of their enemies and which treath is more severe for their national security. Thats like d one job they do better then most countries. If i was an Israeli I would do the same; take advatage of the idiocy of Irans mullahs in every way posible. But they cetanly didnt lose sight of ISIS, for example in Qunitra close to the border with Israel they keep a close eye on; certain gruop in d area started to drift to ISIS
( Al Muhtana, smth lie ke that) - and suddenly assasinations of their leaders started happening. Few weeks later, gruop started to disintigrate.

well, they are threats and there are Threats.

I disagree. These are complex situtations and dinamics in play. Hard choices must be made. NAtonalistic extremist more rasonble by default? Well, I have a personal experiance with one of these. So, I must disagree with you on that point too.
As for PKK, I recon you didnt have a chance to speak with them, or seen their "maps" and read their alternative history of human kind. They just like ISIS are gulty of ethnich cleansing.... what they are doing at this very moment in Allepo is h cleansing of Turkmens and Arabs.

Nusra infact proved itself a very savy, disciplined and realible entity. Other AQ branches compering to them look like Bloods and Crips. ISIS rise did cost them manpower, but it also save them from loose cannons like Zarqavis.

One thing I want to add, some posters said that Turkey should stayed out of it thinkig that Syria wouldnt still be a fail state that its today. With or with out Turkey's help to the rebels, old Assad Syria ( or his family's beach house) was finished. Rebelion was just too wide spread to be containble. Best case scenario would be Iraq isurgency in 2004. IN 80', regime contained uprising in few pockets..

Erdogan and Turkey, in my oppinion,did the right thing. They sided with the weak and the oppresed against a mass murderer who made Saddam look like an amateur. So called resistance axics showed their true face... they dont hold any moral ground to anyone... they killed more muslims in 5 years then Israelis did in almost a century.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom