What's new

Tendulkar's world-record 200

ONE of my fav ...............GWALIOR: Sachin Tendulkar hammered a world-record 200 not out as India posted a massive 401-3 against South Africa in the second one-day international on Wednesday.

Zimbabwean Charles Coventry (194 not out) and Pakistan's Saeed Anwar (194) were the joint-record holders for the highest individual score before Tendulkar became the first batsman to hit a double-century in one-dayers.

Tendulkar, 36, reached the milestone in the last over when he took a single off paceman Charl Langeveldt, much to the delight of the sizeable crowd at Gwalior.

The veteran Indian opener smashed 25 fours and three sixes in his 147-ball knock for his 46th one-day hundred in the day-night match to boost his team's hopes of clinching the three-match series.

The hosts lead 1-0 following their one-run victory in the previous game in Jaipur on Sunday.
Tendulkar''s world-record 200 boosts India - GEO.tv

I hope this will help in winning some matches to begin with.

In my point of view Pakistani players lack the jazba that Imran,Miandad,Waseem Waqar etc had.

Look at the body language of Pakistani players to begin with.

Against India in 80's and 90's it used to be war. Unlike in 2007 Shoaib Malik's body language against India was so puthetic to begin with.

Saeed Anwar has a class of his own. Yousuf Yohana and Amla keep reminds me Saeed Anwar. The guy had 2000 runs against India in ODI.

GB

This should be enough to bring that jazba back. Malik couldn't forget the fact that India was his susraal.

Next matches between Pakistan and India will be more interesting insha-Allah.

South Africa 83/4 (10.5 ov)

Kallis departs. Nehra got him.

Next matches between Pakistan and India will be more interesting insha-Allah.

Considering the current state of Pakistan Cricket there is nothing to be said other than Insha-Allah.

GB

P.S: - Allah supports those who has will.

oh yaar congrats to Sachin.... i think this topic is being discussed in at least 3 threads

Congrats to him.

But why there are dozen threads on the same topic.???

lolzz

Lets all hope today's record falls VERY SOON.....when Tendulkar himself hits another double century! :yahoo::yahoo:

Come on...he deserves it!

why some of the pakistanis are questioning the record ....

its the first time in ODI some one reach 200!

I gave up on jokers I support Australian team now , bring me my australian flag
cricket has become too batsmen friendly , one could not playing the ODI when west indies bowlers used to be feared due to their bouncers and agression , I don't support , dead pitches only pitches in Australia are worth it real test of batsmen

Dude, more than pitches, it is batsmen's attitudes that have changed. Gone are the days when 140 kmph is a feared speed. In the tests Morne Morkel hit 150 kmph a few times but the Indian batsmen were unfazed. Same with Australians against Roach.

Batsmen these days are aggressive and assertive. Balls outside the offstum used to be left alone in the old days. These days batsmen go after them. So obviuosly run fests are to be expected.

As for the pitches u were criticising, take a look. SA are 6 down now. Its the SAME pitch in which India were batting. Goes to show, good batting and bowling are still the key, not the pitches.

Back
Top Bottom