What's new

Tendulkar slams 48th century

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

119921.2.jpg

COLOMBO: Sachin Tendulkar cracked his 48th Test century to lead a spirited fightback as India recovered from three quick jolts to keep themselves afloat in the second Test against Sri Lanka on Wednesday.

Tendulkar (108 not out) showed great character and temperament to score his first century on Sri Lankan soil in 11 years as he anchored the innings brilliantly to steer the visitors to 382 for four at close on the third day, still needing 61 runs to avoid the follow on.

After Sehwag provided the early fireworks, it was champion batsman Tendulkar who stole the spotlight with a fine exhibition of strokeplay and application to save the blushes for India who were in a spot of bother at one stage.

The champion batsmen had last scored a century in Sri Lanka in 1999 at the same venue.

Bow down to the king!
Desperately waiting for his 50th century!
:partay::victory:

Now chances of Ponting catching up is very less...

SACHIN- 48
PONTING - 39

A total of 94 centuries for Master Blaster..6 more to go for century ...

HATS OFF to our MASTER BLASTER!!:chilli:
He is the real crown jewel of india!!:victory:
Only six more to go!:cheers:
:partay::partay::partay:

Now chances of Ponting catching up is very less...

SACHIN- 48
PONTING - 39

Ponting has lost his shine over the last year, I dont think he will be able to catch up to the Master. Ponting huge weakness outside the off stump and weakness to short deliveries has totally exposed him. He averaged somewhere around 39 last year.

Ponting has lost his shine over the last year, I dont think he will be able to catch up to the Master. Ponting huge weakness outside the off stump and weakness to short deliveries has totally exposed him. He averaged somewhere around 39 last year.

hmm.. I thought over what you've said and then decide that whatever you are saying about ponting is absolutely right!!!
:lol:

Congrats on the centuury but u have wated for the 50th to post the thread anyway century he scores hope india wins

lol i hope that was not sarcastic :P nehi toh mujhe delhi ana padega lol

Arey bhai jaan ,it was just on a light note...waise wo lines main apne college mein friends ke sath use karta tha-like yaar jo tu keh raha hai, maine us bare mein socha, aur decide kiye ki jo tu keh raha hai, wo ek dum right hai...lol!!!

Arey bhai jaan ,it was just on a light note...waise wo lines main apne college mein friends ke sath use karta tha-like yaar jo tu keh raha hai, maine us bare mein socha, aur decide kiye ki jo tu keh raha hai, wo ek dum right hai...lol!!!

chalo achi baat hai nehi toh mujhe delhi ake kuch karna padta lol bach gaya tu :P

Ponting will not be able to catch up with Sachin. He is just too good now. Even at this age he plays like 22 year old young cricketer with lot of power in his hands.

Ponting is another legend but he will get retired before reaching 50th century

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom