What's new

Tendulkar, Ganguly foray into football, win ISL bids

:lol: I never played Football for my school or College, but there was a time when both my toes were badly damaged and were missing their nails, all thanks to football and studds.

How is the football scene in Kolkata nowadays? Has the following increased or decreased?

Well the old enthusiastic people has remained the same. You know about East Bengal and Mohun Bagan? They still have huge fan following.

Though the younger generation, I must say, is that much into them. They are more into EPL and La Liga. :)

We are doing good in shooting and We already have leagues going on for Badminton. If we are poor in football then I think we should work on it instead of going on for some other sports. It is good that we have started thinking about a game which is played by most of the countries in the world. It is the need of the hour.
I talked about those sports like shpooting, etc because those sportspersons are doing well and bringing laurels to the country. Investing in them would help them financially.

Well, I seriously doubt whether starting a fancy league can improve the standard of football when a professional league is already in place. If the game is to helped, development should start from grassroots, like from early teens. Thats were the focus and investment should be. We have the U-17 WC. Thats a golden opportunity.

You know, IPL wasnt created to lift the standard of cricket. It was created because we have good cricketers. Same with IBL, and IPTL. ( I know football and cricket cant be compared. Im just comparing the league.)

Back
Top Bottom