What's new

Ten killed in Quetta during Eidul Fitr prayers

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
QUETTA: At least 10 people were killed and many others injured on Friday in an attack that targetted a mosque the Eidul Fitr prayers near Quetta’s eastern bypass, DawnNews reported.

The shooting came a day after a suicide bomber targeted a police funeral and killed 38 people, mostly police officers, in the same city.

“Four gunmen opened fire when people were coming out of the mosque after saying Eid prayers,” senior local police official Bashir Ahmad Brohi told AFP.

Brohi said a former Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) provincial minister, Ali Madad Jattak, was also in the mosque and could have been the target.

“But we are not sure at the moment and are investigating, “he said, adding that Jattak escaped unhurt although bullets hit his car.

Another local police official, Sultan Ahmad, confirmed the incident and casualties outside the mosque, which is also a preaching and research centre.

Nobody has so far claimed responsibility for the shooting. Most recent attacks in Quetta, the capital of oil- and gas-rich Balochistan province bordering Afghanistan and Iran, have been linked to a Baloch separatist insurgency or sectarian violence.

On Tuesday Baloch separatists shot dead 14 people including three security officials, 70 kilometres southeast of Quetta.
@balixd @Secur @Leader @Jazzbot @RescueRanger @Abu Zolfiqar @Aeronaut and others.................

Last edited by a moderator:
May all the fallen will rest in peace and may Allah give strength to their families at this grieve moment..

BTW entire PML-N was going upside down at terror attacks in KPK recently, will someone care of elaborate what N-League is doing about situation in Baluchistan especially in Quetta which is getting even worse with every passing day? After all N-League is in power in center and Baluchistan and they are allied with BLA??

Such a shame how entire media is going gaga at DI Khan jail break incident only and effectively sidelining the happenings in Quetta.. :hitwall:

It was a tribal fight @Areesh said !

Last edited by a moderator:
nqpn3t.jpg
I get your point, but the only true part in this flow chart is the first and second (and sometimes third) boxes in the middle. No offence, the chart isn't detailed enough to prove your point.

I get your point, but the only true part in this flow chart is the first and second (and sometimes third) boxes in the middle. No offence, the chart isn't detailed enough to prove your point.

Sir,this chart is not itself a statement but a sort of hypothesis,question,it is a summery of detailed question,you can say that,but if you want detail then I can make one for you..:D

Sir,this chart is not itself a statement but a sort of hypothesis,question,it is a summery of detailed question,you can say that,but if you want detail then I can make one for you..:D

Thank you but I am aware of the problem. A chart for the solution you propose would be nice and I shall be looking forward to that, but later, enjoy your Eid today!

Thank you but I am aware of the problem. A chart for the solution you propose would be nice and I shall be looking forward to that, but later, enjoy your Eid today!

Okay I will post Inshallah,rest is up to you.your criticism will be appreciated,best regards.l

Okay I will post Inshallah,rest is up to you.your criticism will be appreciated,best regards.l

since you edited the chart, so i can't quote it, anyhow, as Last hope said it was a very good attempt, atleast you did something for others to understand the problem very easily.
Since you are at it - making flowchart, consider these points of mine

- you need to consider the time consumed before Information reaches the Police / concerned LEA.
- the bureaucratic procedures involved for sending info from Intel to the concerned Police - and than the time consumed with in the Police department for sending out the information from Main HQ to District Office. Another point to consider here will be information from National Crisis management Cell.
- One important point to consider is - where the Intel is coming from, Special Branch / CID? IB? or ISI
- once the information has reached the District Office, how is it convened to the Police Personnel
- are they capable? training? expereince
- Equipment / Firearms they have? - enough men in the area to counter or make a defence against the attackers?
- the Psychological condition of the Personnel
- the willingness of a Personnel to fight - like in recent DIK attack, police ran away
- One most important thing - The Commitment of TOP Leadership (IG,DIG, SSP, SP , ASP) to fight.
The chart will get complex i know that for sure.....Happy eid :D
- the Role of

since you edited the chart, so i can't quote it, anyhow, as Last hope said it was a very good attempt, atleast you did something for others to understand the problem very easily.
Since you are at it - making flowchart, consider these points of mine

- you need to consider the time consumed before Information reaches the Police / concerned LEA.
- the bureaucratic procedures involved for sending info from Intel to the concerned Police - and than the time consumed with in the Police department for sending out the information from Main HQ to District Office. Another point to consider here will be information from National Crisis management Cell.
- One important point to consider is - where the Intel is coming from, Special Branch / CID? IB? or ISI
- once the information has reached the District Office, how is it convened to the Police Personnel
- are they capable? training? expereince
- Equipment / Firearms they have? - enough men in the area to counter or make a defence against the attackers?
- the Psychological condition of the Personnel
- the willingness of a Personnel to fight - like in recent DIK attack, police ran away
- One most important thing - The Commitment of TOP Leadership (IG,DIG, SSP, SP , ASP) to fight.
The chart will get complex i know that for sure.....Happy eid :D
- the Role of

Baray bhai,
and you called me 'uncle' on my post:Operation woodland:current crisis and comperitive analysis :woot: The points you have given me are appreciated,I will try all my level best to cover your tips.:D

Back
Top Bottom