What's new

Telenor Finally Reacts to High Taxes, Tightening Regulations and Service Su

Lars said that taxes such as 19.5 percent FED and 15 percent WHT, are decreasing the value of 3G auction and the money that government can generate through sale of licenses because customers’ ability to spend on telecom services have reached the limits. He said that tightening regulations are further deteriorating the investment possibilities for Pakistan.
This is certainly disappointing. I mean a CEO of a telecom firm doesn't even know that 19.5% being levied on his services are Sales Taxes not Federal Excise Duty
http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...3521-pml-n-political-desk-62.html#post4472687
Perhaps Lars can explain that before sales-tax balance being sent by telecom companies is 75 Rs. Since WHT tax is 15% which should have made pre-sales tax balance to 85RS. Who is taking that 10 Rs and Why?

Javed sahab, itnay khaffa kion hotay hain? Aap in MNC's ko nikkal karr khudd mint karr lo sarray paisay apnay liye!

Just like:

1. Oil
2. Coal
3. Biotechnology
4. Nuclear reactors
5. Defense production
6. Irrigation
7. Advanced electronics

Oh please do mint the money without any R&D, go ahead.......

Technology hai yeh, koi abba g kee steel mill nahin kay mint karr lo gay! :D

lol these MNCs dont want to pay taxes they just want to mint money from Pakistan.....

That 35 you mentioned is GST which you and me pay not the company, they get Rs.65 and they give us credit for 65 in term of talk time. The second thing is income tax at 35% which is same for all public limited companies. Compare the mobile service prices with US and Canada, mobile service in Pakistan is still dirt cheap.

A law which should be justified.

Our tax system is pathetic. And the CEO is right.

I charge a 100 rupee card and in the 100 i pay 35 rupees as taxes only. Is it justified. a 35% tax ratio, so the company is getting a revenue of just Rs.65 in the 100 rupee card and on that 65 which they earn, they pay out their expenses from and whatever is left, it then again gets taxed.

So now just calculate how much tax we pay each year by loading a Rs.100 card.

Then i use a post pay connection, they deduct advance income tax, while i am paying income tax from my salary too and its deducted by the company i work in and they credit it into govt account. And when i use post pay connection, i again pay advance income tax, what the fcuk is that all about, when i complain, they say go the FBR office and reclaim it and you know well i will have to spend more giving away bribes and transportation cost to get back that adv income tax which they deduct in my post pay package.

Out whole govt system and its tax systems are pathetic.

That 35 you mentioned is GST which you and me pay not the company, they get Rs.65 and they give us credit for 65 in term of talk time. The second thing is income tax at 35% which is same for all public limited companies. Compare the mobile service prices with US and Canada, mobile service in Pakistan is still dirt cheap.

First of all income tax rate for all companies is not same in Pakistan. Certain sectors income tax rate is more.

Plus if you are comparing our and some international mobile company / country rates, some figures / facts in this respect would be appreciated to back up the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom