What's new

Telecom major Telenor writes off Rs 3,500 crore India assets

We already have seen Telenor and Etisalat become major players in Pakistan after being disappointed in India, I wonder if Pakistan can try again to bring in Sistema.

Sistema made a play for a CDMA based operator in Pakistan but the market for CDMA is quite small.

If they can do GSM, 3G, 4G LTE, they should be brought into Pakistan.

how about any domestic operators?

I'm sorry to burst this Bangladeshi's bubble and effort in red lining and highlighting stuff. He is all excited that he perhaps caught some " Indian failure" because words sounded like it … but this is a good thing .

Telenor operates in Bangladesh and currently has the largest market share here.

Telenor has been a victim here, the culprits are the unitech chaps. Telenor made a bad call on choosing their partner(though any call would have been a bad call in Raja's era). Sad but nothing really that anyone can do about it. Horrible set of circumstances.

In any case, the new TRAI recommendations, if agreed to by the govt will probably get North Block many, many, many billions of dollars & will probably give some of the established players a nightmare since they have to rebid for the spectrum. Great for the treasury, bad for the operators.

some other companies,preferably indian companies will take over their assets..there are too many telecom companies in india anyways

Telenor has been a victim here, the culprits are the unitech chaps. Telenor made a bad call on choosing their partner(though any call would have been a bad call in Raja's era). Sad but nothing really that anyone can do about it. Horrible set of circumstances.

In any case, the new TRAI recommendations, if agreed to by the govt will probably get North Block many, many, many billions of dollars & will probably give some of the established players a nightmare since they have to rebid for the spectrum. Great for the treasury, bad for the operators.

Not to mention us as customers would have to pay at least 30% more for our mobile services. It seems all Pranab da thinks is about his budget deficit. I believe TRAI was influenced by finance ministry.

I meant that now Telecom can't employee talented Indians so loss of jobs.

One companies loss is another companies gain. The number of subscribers isn't going to go down. Some other company picks up the assets, and the provides the lost jobs too.

Its there loss...if they quit...local players might b cheering this news (Telenor quitting)..for us (subscribers) life is not so different..corrupt will be dealt with a long stick..

Though it is expected that tarrif will rise with the new auction but the competition will again bring it down..when users start rejecting the increased prices..so overall good for India ....:bunny:

There are already many operators in India ..

Airtel , Vodafone , Idea , Reliance , Tata , BSNL/MTNL are enough ..
Rest of the operators should quit the country especially the ******* Sistema ..

MTS (Sistema ) sold me a fake MTS Blaze USB card .
There was a racket going on in Mumbai done by managers of MTS ..

My Dad had to go to the cyber cell for no reason and wasted an hour in giving identity proofs

I wonder if Pakistan can try again to bring in Sistema.

Sistema made a play for a CDMA based operator in Pakistan but the market for CDMA is quite small.
tan.

Sistema is BS company ..
Hope they don't come in Pakistans
Biggest scamsters they are

this is so sad............:cry:

It's not. I'm glad this happened actually. This company bribed a minister to get a 2g license at an EXTREMELY low cost. Now , the supreme court cancelled the license and the company will earn a huge loss. I doubt they will ever attempt to do anything illegal again. They've learnt their lesson the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom