What's new

Tejas with radar jammer flies maiden sortie

With a radar range yet of 50 km .. yet to be increased due to faulty design.
AoA of 22.. yet to be increased to 24

And so on.

As for FOC... Pray tell when this masterpiece of technology will actually be inducted? 2018?19?20?
That's why there is a say- Too much boasting and half knowledge always leads to BS.
Radar range is 50km but no body knows for what RCS. Standard IAF parameter is 70km for 2sqm.
While there is no issue with radar but they need to change the metallurgy to quartz earlier was Kevlar and composite.

@Superboy

India's Bharat Electronics Ltd produces this UV band MAWS:

AAR-60V2+MILDS+F+MAWS.jpg

If i am not mistaken, aren't these practically useless figures? Operational height of 6000m is 19,000Ft approx........are they expecting Tejas or the enemy to not fly any higher? @sandy_3126 an explanation of the MAWs would be appreciated.

By End-2015, the FOC will be completed, and the development of Mk.2 will be started

First 20 IAF induct as IOC standard and be given to TACDE, Gwalior, where it took two years for creating new tactics for Tejas, and other 20 will be inducted as FOC standard . Possibly 90 will be inducted as TANDEM seater for LIFT.

Simple question:

When will LCA mk-1 be inducted? 2018?19-20? i mean like induction... not developing tactics,IOC or FOC .

50 km is the detection range for 2m square RCS.Tejas has a better radar than JF17.

Sunny boy looks like you skipped some recent news?

No faulty design here.Kevlar radome would be replaced by quartz one and problem solved

Already reached 26 degree.You know that F 16s AoA is limited to 25 degree by FBW software?

And what about RSS,FBW,HMDS,IFR capability ?

F-16s AoA is 26 (if im not wrong) but its high power to weight ratio gives it alot of maneuverability... which makes F-16s turn so tight n regain speed rather quickly making it one of the best dog fighters in the world...

And what about FBW,HMDS,IFR? and did you mean RCS ?

No faulty design here.Kevlar radome would be replaced by quartz one and problem solved

Already reached 26 degree.You know that F 16s AoA is limited to 25 degree by FBW software?

And what about RSS,FBW,HMDS,IFR capability ?

And how much speed and energy is Tejas bleeding at that altitude and AoA? trying to pull a cobra with a single engine?

F-16s AoA is 26 (if im not wrong) but its high power to weight ratio gives it alot of maneuverability... which makes F-16s turn so tight n regain speed rather quickly making it one of the best dog fighters in the world...

Tejas T/W ratio is more than 1 .similar to F 16.So do Mig 29s and flankers.

And what about FBW,HMDS,IFR? and did you mean RCS ?

no relaxed static stability

FBW,HMDS,IFR is featured on mk 1

And how much speed and energy is Tejas bleeding at that altitude and AoA?

Who tried a cobra ?

Not known.

dsc_0411.jpg

Do you think India is unable to develop such a technology.Here,it is being flight tested on a DRDO HS 748 'hack' testbed.Proves it is an Indian developed technology

Oh My!!! What is up with you guys? No matter how nicely a serious question is asked, you guys get SO defensive on anything. I know India is quiet capable of designing anything but the original know how comes from some place. Scientists don't just wake up one day dreaming about something that would work. India is also setting up technology R&D base now or recently so she doesn't have the background like the US, Israel or Russia do in terms of military R&D. My question wasn't insulting, it was a serious question.

So if you can tell me who the original source in terms of technology base, it would be great. Israel developed Kfir and Lavi based on Mirage and -16's, Pakistan developed JFT's based on Mig and early -16 combination. The Russian Mig manufacturing (Mig 23 and later) had Mirage input (stolen I think) and later, they tried to copy -14 and -15's in Migs and SU's. A lot of people here will tell you that the US military base has a lot of input from the Germans post WWII. So everyone starts from some place.

Simple question:

When will LCA mk-1 be inducted? 2018?19-20? i mean like induction... not developing tactics,IOC or FOC .
Lol you are confusing, the actual development of Mk.1 is almost finished, and just its a matter of time that HAL deliver Mk.1 on standards of FOC.
But achieving all parameters doesnt solve the problem, its one part only. The base where Squad is inducting, it have to develop Q&A team, maintenance area, logistics etc etc. Mainly pilot should know, what is the best tactics for the plane.

If you want to ask when the Ml.1 going to ready, then yes by mid 2015, but as fully operational squad not by 2018-19. Even if we today buy Rafale off the shelf, then IAF atleast gonna require 5 yrs to make them fully operational,

Tejas T/W ratio is more than 1 .similar to F 16.So do Mig 29s and flankers.

no relaxed static stability

FBW,HMDS,IFR is featured on mk 1

Who tried a cobra ?

Not known.

dsc_0411.jpg

With that big delta facing the air at 26 degree AoA......you're really not doing anything useful, because after that your energy is gone. F-16 was designed with that kept in mind.....that is why It has a much better sustained turn rate......

India is also setting up technology R&D base now or recently so she doesn't have the background like the US, Israel or Russia do in terms of military R&D. My question was insulting, it was a serious question. So if you can tell me who the original source in terms of technology base, it would be great. Israel developed Kfir and Lavi based on Mirage and -16's, Pakistan developed JFT's based on Mig and early -16 combination. The Russian Mig manufacturing (Mig 23 and later) had Mirage input (stolen I think) and later, they tried to copy -14 and -15's in Migs and SU's. A lot of people here will tell you that the US military base has a lot of input from the Germans post WWII. So everyone starts from some place.

India had some sort of aviation industry back in 80s when it initiated LCA,though it was not capable to develop an LCA with that.technology development - What has LCA Tejas given to India?

With that big delta facing the air at 26 degree AoA......you're really not doing anything useful, because after that your energy is gone.

Tejas is a delta winged fighter so its STR would be lower but ITR would be greater than comparable aircraft

With that big delta facing the air at 26 degree AoA......you're really not doing anything useful, because after that your energy is gone. F-16 was designed with that kept in mind.....that is why It has a much better sustained turn rate......
And the Tejas has a better ITR.
Plus point for Deltas...

Why we comparing F-16 with LCA?

India had some sort of aviation industry back in 80s when it initiated LCA,though it was not capable to develop an LCA with that.technology development - What has LCA Tejas given to India?

I know the industry was setup for the LCA project, etc in the 80's. What I was wondering was, which design was selected by DRDO for MAWS and Laser Optical tracking research? Was that initially a Russian, Israeli or a Western option?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom