What's new

Tejas to Begin High-altitude Trials in Leh.

A minor question: How many different aircrafts faced such harsh conditions like one in leh, ladakh, thar, or simply to say very cold and extreme hot weather.. does anyone has any stats on performance of birds in such extreme cold or hot weather.. how it affects the overall bird (tech, sensor, fuel, efficiency, weapons, radar, performance, etc).. would love to understand how Tejas is performing say with other birds which had such extreme climate experiences..

I don't know men.. Last time Tejas failed in that test... I don't have hope on this test either..
When did Tejas fail in the Test?

A minor question: How many different aircrafts faced such harsh conditions like one in leh, ladakh, thar, or simply to say very cold and extreme hot weather.. does anyone has any stats on performance of birds in such extreme cold or hot weather.. how it affects the overall bird (tech, sensor, fuel, efficiency, weapons, radar, performance, etc).. would love to understand how Tejas is performing say with other birds which had such extreme climate experiences..

SU30 engines were modified to work normally at leh

No manufacturer out there readily makes fighter engines to suit the conditions in and around Himalayas,
but the problem should be solved with a few minor tweaks to the powerplant. This is a good engine LCA has
got - it should work way better than the Mirage-2000 in Kargil.

That said, Su-30MKIs, MiG-29s and other in-service aircraft have no problems operating here, their equipment
is already tested and fine-tuned for this environment and altitudes.

I believe LCA has also gotten these tweaks and it should return for another bout of trials soon.

i remember reading abt changing the fuel mix and also due to limited oxygenation and higher altitude related issues, most birds are nt able to deploy MTOW and are more of 75-80% carrying capacity... can sumbdy throw more light on this...

the aircraft engine would be started at lower than -10 degree Celsius.

In the FOC phase so far, the aircraft engine was switched on using a jet fuel starter three consecutive times (three times in a row), as mandated by the Indian Air Force.

And why they can't do the same tests before selecting the engines? Bring the final 2/3 chosen engine to high altitudes, sea levels and desert and do the tests. Then select best performing engine and use it in the plane.

What they will do if engine doesn't start at -10 degree now?? Get the new engine ..lolzz

Do one thing, get the CAD model of Tejas or design your own. And run a simulation in some physics simulation software like COMSOL and see the result.

If you or anybody else have CAD model of Tejas then give it to me. I have CST Studio Suite and HFSS in my GPU computing lab. I can calculate the RCS. Can't find time to make model myself though :)

Back
Top Bottom