What's new

Tejas scripts history in Bahrain with a Stunning Demo

Tejas Has return Home after a osm performance @BIAS2016 .

Just a news :p !!

Without getting into a "mine is better than yours debate" but by simply looking at the LCA's video from Bahrain and JF17s video from Paris, it is obvious that JF17 is a more nimble aircraft. Keep in mind that both aircrafts were flying under very different rules in terms of ceiling, size of the box and airspeed so it is an apples and oranges comparison. Also JF17 was being flown by very young operational pilots while the LCA was being flown by senior test pilots from the Indian testing establishment. A few other takeaways from the Bahrain Airshow. It seems that LCA needs a very large service crew whereas JF17 needs only 3. Also it was funny to see how the pilot closed the LCA canopy manually and then pushed it back to check if it was locked. Then the ground crew member came over tapped the side of cockpit to tell the pilot that he is good to go. Kinda reminded me of Pakistani mini bus conductors. This is very weird procedure because at higher RPMs the ground crew could potentially be sucked into the engine.
87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

+ i like your last line of "analysis", an LCA pilot is going to be aware of the SOPs and regardless throttle up to suck his mechanic into the air intake just for some casual bit of murdering :rofl::rofl:

@Roybot @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @anant_s @Levina @SpArK @MilSpec

sending jf17 & tejas lca is waste of time to these shows in middle east because gulf countries are loaded and they can buy better aircrafts than these two

Eurofighter Tranche 2[edit] So it just nullifies your argument that customer only wants a complete package. No matter how much pot shot you take or try to show HAL/DRDO approch as mature. There is not a single country in world who has took approches like what HAL/DRDO trying to do.

This is how JF-17 program procedding in Blocks. Block-1 with basic air defence capability, Block-2 with enhanced capabilities. All similar to Tranches to of euro-fighter.

IMHO i completely disagree...Just find something that has "Made By Pakistan" tag and try and sell it to a potential customer in tranches ...and you will see what i mean...Now let me share some thoughts on the example you gave...

Eurofighter has been manufactured by a consortium of three companies - Alenia Aermacchi, Airbus Group and BAE...Now compare the expertise and consumer confidence that these companies enjoy and compare with Indian counterparts...you will find comparing to literally zilch...

As far as JF-17 is concerned then please tell me what other option you had?? A cash strapped PAF didn't give you lot of options either, no?? On the other hand a far matured partner in the name of China reduced the risk of getting hooked onto a program that may not see light of the day...no??

Now let's look at India...With new found money and every single country ready to offer you best of the lot...complemented with pathetic handling of tejas program and you will understand how risky it would have been for IAF to follow the tranches model..Now if our own IAF is not convinced with a fighter and capability of DRDO to deliver please help how on this earth you will get a foreign buyer?? So IAF pushed DRDO to deliver a complete package...and results are looking sweat now...

Just to give an example - JF-17 is in production, cheap, adopted by PAF and have backing of Chinese aviation industry yet it has been very difficult to find buyers, no?? With all the above i cannot comprehend how on this earth DRDO can find buyers by not show casing a complete package but promise of adding more later??

sending jf17 & tejas lca is waste of time to these shows in middle east because gulf countries are loaded and they can buy better aircrafts than these two
Top heavy giving you quality edge complemented with scores of lighter fighters giving you quantitative edge is the Mantra these days...so Tejas or JF-17 has a very decent chance...the only thing is that it needs to be in that 4-4.5 generation lot..

Back
Top Bottom