What's new

Tejas Mk.2 Build Begins

This is a mock-up of the cockpit for the Super Sukhoi:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

It's not too shabby!

FAR BETTER than Eurofighter Typhoon's cockpit if you ask me!:tup:

The MFDs seem better than those on the F-22 Raptor cockpit infact.

FAR BETTER than Eurofighter Typhoon's cockpit if you ask me!:tup:

The MFDs seem better than those on the F-22 Raptor cockpit infact.

The F-22 cockpit is a little old fashioned for a fighter as advanced as the F-22, for me:
cockpit001.gif

The F-35 has a MUCH better one:

F-35_Cockpit.jpg

I see it the same way, 7 squads are still no big issue, the problem is only that we tend to make things more complicated as they need to be. LCA is a low end fighter, that's why it would be enough to integrate propper 4th gen techs that are available and ready, to ease the production and induction.
On the other side the media and many of us jump around and hope for 5th gen techs in LCA, which only means that it might get NGs cockpit displays but nothing more, or even dream about a stealth versions. Both are not realistic, simple or cost-effective solutions and all the hype is just based on pride. Why should we integrate more advanced displays into our low end fighter, than into MKI or Rafale??? All these useless things can delay LCA further and are the real problem why a good fighter has so much trouble.

besides it's like chasing a mirage, we all know that technology is an ever changing process & by going after we are only fooling ourselves, we all know tejas was an ac to replace mig-21s, that means IAF wanted a good 4th gen plane to replace third gen migs,with time (& delays in the project), IAF changed it's requirements & now wanted a 4+ gen ac, again they wanted a 4.5 gen mk2 to be inducted in 150+ by 2025, when the BUZZ word will be SIXTH GEN FIGHTERS, so than?? further delays to incorporate sixth gen features?? Oh c'mon, we can't make an F-22 to replace mig-21s, can we??? By adding each "+" to the gen. of LCA, IAF has only "-" it's squadron nos.

besides it's like chasing a mirage, we all know that technology is an ever changing process & by going after we are only fooling ourselves, we all know tejas was an ac to replace mig-21s, that means IAF wanted a good 4th gen plane to replace third gen migs,with time (& delays in the project), IAF changed it's requirements & now wanted a 4+ gen ac, again they wanted a 4.5 gen mk2 to be inducted in 150+ by 2025, when the BUZZ word will be SIXTH GEN FIGHTERS, so than?? further delays to incorporate sixth gen features?? Oh c'mon, we can't make an F-22 to replace mig-21s, can we??? By adding each "+" to the gen. of LCA, IAF has only "-" it's squadron nos.

hahaha- I like that!!

Yes the IAF constantly changing its requirements was a nightmare for the ADA/DRDO when trying to devlop the bird. You can't build something to a target that keeps changing.

The F-22 cockpit is a little old fashioned for a fighter as advanced as the F-22, for me:
cockpit001.gif

The F-35 has a MUCH better one:

F-35_Cockpit.jpg

F-35 is simply the world's best fighter plane cockpit to sit in, along with Rafale -

hahaha- I like that!!

Yes the IAF constantly changing its requirements was a nightmare for the ADA/DRDO when trying to devlop the bird. You can't build something to a target that keeps changing.

This when our earlier experience with an indigenous ac was only with 2nd gen Marut, that too designed by a German, DRDO/ADA has made a quantum leap by designing & developing 4+ gen LCA Tejas, considering that they have done a marvelous job. Only three words for IAF: JUST INDUCT IT ;)

This when our earlier experience with an indigenous ac was only with 2nd gen Marut, that too designed by a German, DRDO/ADA has made a quantum leap by designing & developing 4+ gen LCA Tejas, considering that they have done a marvelous job. Only three words for IAF: JUST INDUCT IT ;)

You're absoltutely right. And I was going to say you can't blame the IAF- they can't be forced to accept a product they are not happy with. When, of late, the IAF has had every major aviation company making presentations to them and had every advanced jet offered to them it is no surprise the IAF asks for the best especially now they have the $$$ to back it up. Just because it is Indian made doesn't mean the LCA should not meet the same high critieria every new induction into the IAF has to clear, does it? Otherwise that is just protectionism and this hardly inspires ADA/DRDO/HAL to achieve/do more.

You're absoltutely right. And I was going to say you can't blame the IAF- they can't be forced to accept a product they are not happy with. When, of late, the IAF has had every major aviation company making presentations to them and had every advanced jet offered to them it is no surprise the IAF asks for the best especially now they have the $$$ to back it up. Just because it is Indian made doesn't mean the LCA should not meet the same high critieria every new induction into the IAF has to clear, does it? Otherwise that is just protectionism and this hardly inspires ADA/DRDO/HAL to achieve/do more.

No buddy, u r not getting my point, I am not saying that IAF shouldn't go for foreign fighters & induct only tejas, i am saying that if IAF is going for FGFA/Super Sukhois/Rafales than it should not forget the tejas since it is a single engine, decent, 4th gen, economical fighter that India can mass produce, without relying too much on any foreign nation. If IAF can go for 600+ foreign fighters, than i don't think they should have problem in inducting 150+ homegrown ac since money is of course not an issue.

As far as sophistication of any ac is concerned, it's the question as to how one sees it, no one is saying that tejas is better than rafale, but we have to keep in mind that they were developed to replace migs & become a low end fighter of IAF, obviously u agree that tejas are many times better than notorious flying coffins, so why not induct them in parallel to the inductions of world's best jets.

No buddy, u r not getting my point, I am not saying that IAF shouldn't go for foreign fighters & induct only tejas, i am saying that if IAF is going for FGFA/Super Sukhois/Rafales but should not forget the tejas since it is a single engine, decent, 4th gen, economical fighter that India can mass produce, without relying too much on any foreign nation. If IAF can go for 600+ foreign fighters, than i don't think they should have problem in inducting 150+ homegrown ac since money is of course not an issue.

As far as sophistication of any ac is concerned, it's the question as to how one sees it, no one is saying that tejas is better than rafale, but we have to keep in mind that they were developed to replace migs & become a low end fighter of IAF, obviously u agree that tejas are many times better than notorious flying coffins, so why not induct them in parallel to the inductions of world's best jets.

Agreed, and is that not what is happening from 2013/14 onwards?

Back
Top Bottom