What's new

Tejas Mk.2 Build Begins

I agree LCA now is TOO LATE to make much impact

IT WAS SUPPOSE TO REPLACE 300 MIG21 (IAF PEAK MIG21 NOS IN 2002) starting 10 years ago.

TODAY i believe there are only 150 odd MIG21s left and by the time TEJAS ARRIVES FOC in 2015 THERE WILL LESS THAN 125.

stick to su30mki & rafale & ordr more mirage2000 2nd hand

I agree LCA now is TOO LATE to make much impact

IT WAS SUPPOSE TO REPLACE 300 MIG21 (IAF PEAK MIG21 NOS IN 2002) starting 10 years ago.

TODAY i believe there are only 150 odd MIG21s left and by the time TEJAS ARRIVES FOC in 2015 THERE WILL LESS THAN 125.

stick to su30mki & rafale &

ordr more mirage2000 2nd hand
Do you even the difference between the procurment and operating cost of Su 30,Rafale as compare to Tejas....

Believe me life cycle cost of tejas will be
atleast 1/4th of Su30 or Rafale's life cycle
cost ...

Secondly,What make you think that you will be able to get 80 or so used Mirage 2K9 before 2022 and that too at around 45 million $ per jet when even its upgrade that too without new engine is costing you around 45 Million $ per jet.....

The biggest problem with the LCA project has been announcement of plans. What we really need is an announcement for results. While there is absolute silence on Mark 1..here we are announcing the Mark 2. If the build has started, lets get to a stage when we know atleast the prototype is ready before announcing to the world and putting pressure on yourself if delays did prop up.

The biggest problem with the LCA project has been announcement of plans. What we really need is an announcement for results. While there is absolute silence on Mark 1..here we are announcing the Mark 2. If the build has started, lets get to a stage when we know atleast the prototype is ready before announcing to the world and putting pressure on yourself if delays did prop up.

Who announced Mark2?

I dont expect the LCA to ever enter operations. This program is taking so long that by the time it is inducted it will probably be obsolete.

This plane should be operational by now.

It does not matter what you expect. do you know the meaning of composites, artificial stability, control configured vehicle, open avionics architecture?

It's called accountability. How much delay is acceptable and whose head would roll?

It's more of a question regarding different attitude toward life. Maybe also a reflection on self-confidence.

indism

Its ok talking about operational costs of LCA

but in all honesty CAN YOU SEE LCA ever equiiping 7 sqds of the IAF before 2025

cause i cant

its running at a SNAILS PACE

indism

cause i cant

Once FOC is given production will begin in earnest- dedicated production plants are already being constructed and once the process of producing them is started the pace will only increase. 7 SQDs by 2025 is not out of this world it's only 14 a/c a year if production starts in 2015.

According to this:
Rs 25k cr Tejas won?t be ready before 2015 - Times Of India

LCA will achieve IOC-II by mid 2013 and FOC by mid 2015? Have these dates changed since July?

Once FOC is given production will begin in earnest- dedicated production plants are already being constructed and once the process of producing them is started the pace will only increase. 7 SQDs by 2025 is not out of this world it's only 14 a/c a year if production starts in 2015.

When will @sancho comment on this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
indism

cause i cant

you got a point there.

I see it the same way, 7 squads are still no big issue, the problem is only that we tend to make things more complicated as they need to be. LCA is a low end fighter, that's why it would be enough to integrate propper 4th gen techs that are available and ready, to ease the production and induction.
On the other side the media and many of us jump around and hope for 5th gen techs in LCA, which only means that it might get NGs cockpit displays but nothing more, or even dream about a stealth versions. Both are not realistic, simple or cost-effective solutions and all the hype is just based on pride. Why should we integrate more advanced displays into our low end fighter, than into MKI or Rafale??? All these useless things can delay LCA further and are the real problem why a good fighter has so much trouble.

I see it the same way, 7 squads are still no big issue, the problem is only that we tend to make things more complicated as they need to be. LCA is a low end fighter, that's why it would be enough to integrate propper 4th gen techs that are available and ready, to ease the production and induction.
On the other side the media and many of us jump around and hope for 5th gen techs in LCA, which only means that it might get NGs cockpit displays but nothing more, or even dream about a stealth versions. Both are not realistic, simple or cost-effective solutions and all the hype is just based on pride. Why should we integrate more advanced displays into our low end fighter, than into MKI or Rafale??? All these useless things can delay LCA further and are the real problem why a good fighter has so much trouble.

I was about to ask the same thing on Cockpit display :D
Now MKIs are being upgraded is it possible that IAF demand those cool displays in S.S. upgrade ???

I was about to ask the same thing on Cockpit display :D
Now MKIs are being upgraded is it possible that IAF demand those cool displays in S.S. upgrade ???
This is a mock-up of the cockpit for the Super Sukhoi:

141563_63478164_su35spitcabina.jpg

It's not too shabby!

I think, the IAF is still pushing for a new look cockpit, whether it will be the ELBIT cockpit-NG idk but that is on the table. As posted the Super Sukhois will have a new cockpit and the Rafale's cockpit is pretty futurisitc.

rafale_7.jpg

And Dassualt/Thales are already working on certain cockpit upgrades that may be avalible to the IAF once deliveries begin.

Back
Top Bottom