What's new

Tejas LCA sprints towards IAF's frontline squadron

You are probably assuming that I'm stating that LCA is useless except for parades. But that is not my point. My point is that India will purchase enough better planes like SU30 and Rafale that LCA can just be use for parades, as its the only plane created by India and will be use to boost the moral of India.
your intent is very visible throughout the threads, The LCA Mk1 and subsequently Mk2 will be potent replacement for ageing fleet of Mig21 Fl, and Bisons. Multirole capabilities will mimic Mirage 200 like qualities and augment Important CAP, forward air patrol, CAS, Hunter Killer, maritime strike and additionally carrier borne operations especially for fleet protection.. LCA tejas program in general will be the stepping stone for Indian aviation industry for other high value projects. Lca tejas is also an extremely pilot friendly a/c which will lead to considerable usage as lead in supersonic trainer. Due to it's size and flight characteristics that are close to rival platforms, it can also serve for DACT services...

it's amazing some senior members find time to reply to trolls and their flame bites.. its your time who am i to question!!

Looking forward to video of LCA fire r-73

Do anybody think LCA MK2 can take on J10b?

Anyway, LCA is much better than Mig-21 for sure.

Tejas is lagging behind in combat with jf 17 but still it's worth the effort.
But you will catch up with us because of your economy.
Congrats. :cheers:

Yeah... Like you Know. Its crazy but true that the mere question "what has pakistan contributed for JF-17" can get you banned here.. lol..

Do anybody think LCA MK2 can take on J10b?

Anyway, LCA is much better than Mig-21 for sure.

AFAIK, Tejas Mk. 2 would be the same size as Mk.1 so too small to take on J-10B. Tejas and J-10B are not of the same size class. Tejas and JF-17 are of the same size class. Only Su-30MKI and Rafale can take on J-10B, though they are not as advanced as J-10B.

You are probably assuming that I'm stating that LCA is useless except for parades. But that is not my point. My point is that India will purchase enough better planes like SU30 and Rafale that LCA can just be use for parades, as its the only plane created by India and will be use to boost the moral of India.

LCA will use as low end aircraft in IAF.Some people try to compare JF-17 and LCA.but we also compare the role of these two fighters in their respective airforces.That mean PAF proposes JF-17 as frontline fighter for replacing almost all of its present frontline fihters like f-16.But in the case of IAF they are now in race for fifth generation aircraft.LCA is a good fighter in its class ,but fact is that IAF is one most powerful airforce with powerful fighters,so they also look a fighter like that,so that is the main reason for delaying of LCA .

AFAIK, Tejas Mk. 2 would be the same size as Mk.1 so too small to take on J-10B. Tejas and J-10B are not of the same size class. Tejas and JF-17 are of the same size class. Only Su-30MKI and Rafale can take on J-10B, though they are not as advanced as J-10B.

I dont think so .Su-30mki and rafale is far better than J-10B

LCA has been running for the last 30 years, he must be tired from such a long sprint......

it's amazing some senior members find time to reply to trolls and their flame bites.. its your time who am i to question!!

Looking forward to video of LCA fire r-73
Haha... good catch, but you know we should always be apprehensive of crowds of dimwits, they will propagate their views so furiously and after some time down the line, that thought of same reasoning starts to find buyers... Refuting BS is a public service.... you dont enjoy it, but have to do it....

AFAIK, Tejas Mk. 2 would be the same size as Mk.1 so too small to take on J-10B.:o::o::o::o::o::o: Tejas and J-10B are not of the same size class. Tejas and JF-17 are of the same size class. Only Su-30MKI and Rafale can take on J-10B, though they are not as advanced as J-10B.
Too small to take on J10B, are you sure about that? by the same logic isn't F16 too small to take on a f15SE or a Su30?

Last edited:
LCA will use as low end aircraft in IAF.Some people try to compare JF-17 and LCA.but we also compare the role of these two fighters in their respective airforces.That mean PAF proposes JF-17 as frontline fighter for replacing almost all of its present frontline fihters like f-16.But in the case of IAF they are now in race for fifth generation aircraft.LCA is a good fighter in its class ,but fact is that IAF is one most powerful airforce with powerful fighters,so they also look a fighter like that,so that is the main reason for delaying of LCA .

I dont think so .Su-30mki and rafale is far better than J-10B

If IAF is looking for more powerful airplane, why even trying to induct LCA. India should just skip LCA and then use the skill to develop MKII. If it does that, it can shift its energy to MKII or even participating in PAKFA. But because it spend lots of technical man power on a plane that it do not plan to induct in large number, its a bad allocation of resources.

Also, can you share the capabilities of MKI, Rafale, J10B as you made your statement. I actually don't know much about Indian and Chinese planes.

If IAF is looking for more powerful airplane, why even trying to induct LCA. India should just skip LCA and then use the skill to develop MKII. If it does that, it can shift its energy to MKII or even participating in PAKFA. But because it spend lots of technical man power on a plane that it do not plan to induct in large number, its a bad allocation of resources.

Also, can you share the capabilities of MKI, Rafale, J10B as you made your statement. I actually don't know much about Indian and Chinese planes.

General characteristics OF SU-30MKI

Performance

• Maximum speed: Mach 2.35[85] (2,500 km/h or 1,550 mph[85]) at altitude; 1,350 km/h, 839 mph near ground level[82]
  • Range: 3,000 km (1,620 nmi)at altitude; (1,270 km, 690 nmi near ground level; with no external fuel tanks)
  • Endurance: 3.75 hrs (up to 10 hrs with in-flight refueling)
  • Service ceiling: 17,300 m (56,800 ft)
  • Rate of climb: >300 m/s (>45,275 ft/min)
  • Wing loading: 401 kg/m² (82.3 lb/ft²)
  • Thrust/weight: 1.00 (loaded weight with 56% internal fuel)
Armament

• Guns: 1 × GSh-30-1 gun (30 mm caliber, 150 rounds)
12 hardpoints: 2 × wing-tip AAM launch rails, 6 × pylons under-wing, 2 × pylon under-engine nacelle, and 2 × pylons in tandem in the "arch" between the engines. It can be increased to 14 using multiple ejector racks. It can carry up to 8 tonnes of external stores.

Air-to-air Missiles:

• 10 × R-77 (AA-12) active radar homing medium range AAM, 100 km
  • 10 × Astra missile active radar homing medium range AAM, 80–110 km
  • 6 × R-27ER (AA-10C) semi-active radar guided, long range AAM 130 km
  • 6 × R-27ET (AA-10D) Infrared homing extended range version, long range AAM 120 km
  • 2 × R-27R (AA-10A) semi-active radar guided, medium range AAM, 80 km
  • 2 × R-27T (AA-10B) infrared homing seeker, medium range AAM, 70 km
  • 6 × R-73 (AA-11) short range AAM, 30 km
  • 3 × Novator KS-172 AAM-L 400 km, Indian/Russian air-to-air missile designed as an "AWACS killer"
Air-to-surface Missiles:

Bombs:

General characteristics OF RAFALE

• Crew: 1–2
  • Length: 15.27 m (50.1 ft)
  • Wingspan: 10.80 m (35.4 ft)
  • Height: 5.34 m (17.5 ft)
  • Wing area: 45.7 m² (492 ft²)
  • Empty weight:
    • C: 9,500 kilograms (20,900 lb)
    • B: 9,770 kilograms (21,540 lb)
    • M: 10,196 kilograms (22,480 lb[183])
  • Loaded weight: 14,016 kg (30,900 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 24,500 kg (C/D), 22,200 kg (M) (54,000 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × Snecma M88-2 turbofans
    • Dry thrust: 50.04 kN (11,250 lbf) each
    • Thrust with afterburner: 75.62 kN (17,000 lbf) each
  • Fuel capacity: 4,700 kg (10,360 lb) internal
Performance

Armament

Avionics

General characteristics OF J-10B
Performance

Armament

Avionics

sorry for off topic.But i am not argue that j-10b is a bad aircraft.Actually it is a good aircraft.But rafale is battle proven and Su-30mki is almost equal to SU-35.Avionics in rafale and Su-30mki is world standard.Avionics in rafale,Su-30MKI is unbeatable so it has an advantage over J-10B.
In the case of LCA,we dont compare chinese aircraft industry and Indian aircraft industry.Chinese has much mature industry than ours.But LCA give us basic foundation for our aviation industry.It is not equal to j-10 but better than jf-17.Value of knowledge give us by LCA for industry is immeasurable.LCA MK-2 can better only through MK-1

Where did you get this idea? If you need to update yourself please ask but do not troll.
Please ask or go do some study and stop trolling.

Back
Top Bottom