What's new

Tejas fires missile, hits target

guys,,is there any condition on the number of flights to issue IOC2??

It did during ex. Ironfist, there is a good HD video of that along with another more obscure video of dropping LGBs. Still don't see how IOC can be granted though, the IAF's procedures dictate that IOC is granted after the TACDE is done with the plane and after essentials like the tac. simulator are provided for. If anything this will just be an IOC in name, it will still have to go through TACDE before its of any use to us.

Arent TACDE involved yet or were the delays in airframes not leaving the TACDE with anything?
I thought there would be a sim there by now. Just grab some nuggests from IITs and poke them with hot brands till they squeal and make a sim.

Anyone knows which missile was fired?

Could it be Astra???? News came in two days ago that Astra will be tested on Su-30.

It did during ex. Ironfist, there is a good HD video of that along with another more obscure video of dropping LGBs. Still don't see how IOC can be granted though, the IAF's procedures dictate that IOC is granted after the TACDE is done with the plane and after essentials like the tac. simulator are provided for. If anything this will just be an IOC in name, it will still have to go through TACDE before its of any use to us.

Are you sure about that? I thought that TACDE would evaluate and test it between IOC2 and FOC. So in a sense, passing IOC means that the aircraft has passed all qualifications to fly and drop weapons, and FOC means that the IAF is ready to go to war with the machine - which of course can only happen after they develop tactics and doctrines for it.

Are you sure about that? I thought that TACDE would evaluate and test it between IOC2 and FOC. So in a sense, passing IOC means that the aircraft has passed all qualifications to fly and drop weapons, and FOC means that the IAF is ready to go to war with the machine - which of course can only happen after they develop tactics and doctrines for it.

In actuality IOC is whatever the the authorities concerned say it is, so AK sahib can very well get the folks and flyboys to agree to the present criteria for IOC but under normal circumstances IOC would only be granted once TACDE is done with the craft. Now if IOC is granted before that then the process itself won't change, the time required for attaining FOC in actuality (not in terms of semantics but in the manner you described it in- being able to employ it in a war) will remain the same even if the normal scheme of things was adhered to. Only once IOC parameters are actually met and the designated squadrons start operational conversion can the procedure for attaining FOC commence.

This was what PV Naik said
"There are some areas where work still needs to be done. There are aspects that need to be improved. We have agreed to a list of concessions for IOC. But we are sure that ADA will fulfil those by June, with full operational clearance in a couple of years. The refinements we are looking for include wake penetration tests, all weather clearance, lightning clearance, etc. Some parameters have only been partly tested. After all, we've waited a long time for the Tejas. We don't want a partial platform. We want everything fully operational," he said.

I always thought that TACDE came after induction and before FOC.

Post Edit: Just saw your response above, but do tell me, how this IOC work's with say Rafale.

Arent TACDE involved yet or were the delays in airframes not leaving the TACDE with anything?
I thought there would be a sim there by now. Just grab some nuggests from IITs and poke them with hot brands till they squeal and make a sim.

Aren't enough specimens to go around, every craft which has taken to the sky has some modification or other and is being used to validate the adherence to some parameter or the other, even if TACDE got heir hands on the bird now it would still take an appreciable amount of time to get the job done. As for the sim, its not a matter of how much time it will take or the capability to realize a sim but rather an absolute lack of foresight, the folks at ADA have treated this whole thing as a science project, to design a good flying machine not a feasible war-machine. What we are now seeing are the corrective measures being taken to mitigate that early thought process and POV that drove the project so that an employable and maintainable war-machine can be handed over to the IAF, ergo the delays.

Has it not conducted live tests before?? the very well produced video suggests that.

Well produced video? as in something on the lines of the half baked or grainy pics released by CCP of ACC's, destroyers, 5th generation fighter aircrafts? - if propaganda was the goal then this 30 year old plane would have been in production ages ago.

You don't start operational conversion before you develop the tactical employment doctrine and methodology, its not the fact that it can drop LGBs that's important but how will it be employed and used to deploy precision munitions which is important when it comes to its use as a war-fighter. So yes, if things had gone per plan that is what would have happened but given the exigency that has arisen the IOC parameters can be changed, even the other projects have had their IOC parameters changed due to time or other constraints.

This was what PV Naik said

I always thought that TACDE came after induction and before FOC.

Post Edit: Just saw your response above, but do tell me, how this IOC work's with say Rafale.

Different folks/organisations set different parameters, hell different organisations set up different IOC attainment criteria for the same platform (F-35 and its various end users).

Aren't enough specimens to go around, every craft which has taken to the sky has some modification or other and is being used to validate the adherence to some parameter or the other, even if TACDE got heir hands on the bird now it would still take an appreciable amount of time to get the job done. As for the sim, its not a matter of how much time it will take or the capability to realize a sim but rather an absolute lack of foresight, the folks at ADA have treated this whole thing as a science project, to design a good flying machine not a feasible war-machine. What we are now seeing are the corrective measures being taken to mitigate that early thought process and POV that drove the project so that an employable and maintainable war-machine can be handed over to the IAF, ergo the delays.

I live next door to the ADA complex near old HAL airport in Bangalore and have interacted with these guys over a cup of tea numerous times - believe me, they are a waste of out time and resources and not even worth one month of salary paid to them over decades - same is the sorry case with the so called NAL engineers who are building the Saras from the last 26 years. :disagree:

Useless bunch of people who get recruited over SC or other reservations and who buy HP compaq presarrio home multimedia atom PC's for so called complex designing and engineering works - believe me I sold a bunch to them retards...and their development facilities and factories are a joke.

I live next door to the ADA complex near old HAL airport in Bangalore and have interacted with these guys over a cup of tea numerous times - believe me, they are a waste of out time and resources and not even worth one month of salary paid to them over decades - same is the sorry case with the so called NAL engineers who are building the Saras from the last 26 years. :disagree:

They are what they are, they know their job as far as designing a flying machine is concerned- no one has complained about that- it is that they have little knowledge about getting to the point of providing an operable war fighter. It is the latter that is now being treated as the mission and the learning curve is being traversed. Give it some time, in any case the real fault lies with the apex authority which is the MoD.

They are what they are, they know their job as far as designing a flying machine is concerned- no one has complained about that- it is that they have little knowledge about getting to the point of providing an operable war fighter. It is the latter that is now being treated as the mission and the learning curve is being traversed. Give it some time, in any case the real fault lies with the apex authority which is the MoD.

Dude, their knowledge base is pathetic, the only thing they are concerned with is their bonuses and their benefits - believe me, I have first hand knowledge personally of the capabilities of these pieces of cr@p. HAL and ISRO is miles ahead - ADA and NAL are a piece of cr@p.

Useless bunch of people who get recruited over SC or other reservations and who buy HP compaq presario home multimedia atom PC's with external multimedia speakers for so called complex designing and engineering works - believe me I sold a bunch to them retards...and their development facilities and factories are a joke.

Dude, their knowledge base is pathetic, the only thing they are concerned with is their bonuses and their benefits - believe me, I have first hand knowledge personally of the capabilities of these pieces of cr@p. HAL and ISRO is miles ahead - ADA and NAL are a piece of cr@p.

And pray tell how did you gauge their knowledge base? They do not go about collecting aircraft trivia like me and you, if your are involved in aeronautical engineering and found their grasp of that specific discipline to be lacking then that's another issue.

Back
Top Bottom