What's new

Tejas fires missile, hits target

If true then how productive can they be? once someone knows they are getting out in a couple of years why would they bother to do a good job or be creative?
thats the problem..and they needed to be retained and this need political will.ADA is not yet a full fledged research organization even after so many years.it has to be taken care of.

thats the problem..and they needed to be retained and this need political will.ADA is not yet a full fledged research organization even after so many years.it has to be taken care of.

Where are you getting your information from - the one that most are interns who serve for 2-3 years?

because i gave it and awaiting the results.look at their careers section.

Oh ok.

They are absolutely not up to the mark buddy, similarly NAL is a money pit that has not given any results from the date of its inception.

In short massive reforms must be carried out to make these DPSUs more effective & efficient
ADA is not a psu really it works directly under the ministry of defence.its unfortunate that a direct subsidiary of ministry of defence is neglected.our govt has a bad habit of neglecting research and development.rather they offer freebies to everything.

ofcourse i agree with u.i'm not saying that they are perfect but i mean they must be given some slack and create a better environment for them to work.for example in ADA most of the posts are filled temporarily for 2-3 years on contract basis and they might or might not be made permanent.given this kind of situation why would they sweat for the organization??

I'm not saying they wouldn't work hard, but why should we think about giving them longer contracts, or more money when the results are not there? And where is the pride for indigenous developments, that so many Indians have in these managers and scientists? Don't you think they should work as hard as they can, no matter what lenght your contract has, when you are part of such an important development for your country? I mean they chose to work for the government companies and should have an aim to improve the defence industry of the country and not only think about their benefit or?

Anyway, as long as ADA and DRDO show so less perfermance and results in the indigenous developments, you have to blame them as a whole, which includes any anybody that is responsible and could be taken accountable. It's too simple to always blame the government only for anything that goes wrong. That's possible for 1 or a few projects, but we see the same habits, delays or even failures throughout the last several years!

Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd aims to deliver 16 Tejas a year from its new production line | idrw.org

Dude, their knowledge base is pathetic, the only thing they are concerned with is their bonuses and their benefits - believe me, I have first hand knowledge personally of the capabilities of these pieces of cr@p. HAL and ISRO is miles ahead - ADA and NAL are a piece of cr@p.

I heard complaints about HAL too.

But it seems that HAL is not at fault.

Anyways, Tejas is on line; that's what matters.

India is probably only nation who has directly jumped to fighter jet without developing a prop one first. So delays were not surprising.

Last edited:
It might have fired, but target telemetrics and additional heap of data for some poor engineers nightmare might not have been compiled, this test seems for that.

I would like to see some R77 AE, R73 Astra 1/2 and Derby tests, although some might disagree with the consolidation of munitions, it think Vympel AAM's and Raduga's A2G/ASW munitions will make this plane a very potent platform...

The Focus should be on the Astra and R77. These are the most important munitions in the Indian arsenal in regards to both numbers and self reliance.

The Focus should be on the Astra and R77. These are the most important munitions in the Indian arsenal in regards to both numbers and self reliance.
dont worry brother this is just a starting active and passive radar guided Air to Air missile firing is next up on menu for LCA :sniper::cheers:

R77 AE, is something i am not very convinced about, M1 and subsequent SD are something worth considering, but with the radar range of Elta mmr, SD is an overkill.... RVV MD has good potential for IAF provided that it doesn't use the seeker which i suspect russians have promoted for a while.... Although Rvv SD/M1 makes a very strong case for MKI, it doesn't make much sense for M29 and Tejas to field it, whereas R27 ER/EP/ET shines in performance have a very good case for both M29 and LCA.

Astra is still in development and something tells me that the seeker will be pretty close to derby/P4... And yes eventually you will see Astra 1/II develop into primary AAM for IAF, and even some Spyder/Spada like derivatives for the S2A systems....

"Astra is still in development and something tells me that the seeker will be pretty close to derby/P4... " Are we not using AGAT seeker of R77 for Astra?

Back
Top Bottom