What's new

Tejas far behind competitors, not enough to protect Indian skies: IAF

logic says when your enemy is more concerned about your future weapon than you and its developemnt then you are going on the right track and judging by pakistani despartion to belttle Tejas i guess we are doing just right :butcher:

I'm sorry but this is crazy on your part, please tell me how Pakistanis are belittling tejas

Its your own IAF which has shredded the tejas, this is a defence forum and we are commenting on the IAF analysis that tejas is too poor to be inducted

It is INDIANS who are going crazy trying to overturn the analysis of their own airforce:cheesy:

I'm sorry but this is crazy on your part, please tell me how Pakistanis are belittling tejas

Its your own IAF which has shredded the tejas, this is a defence forum and we are commenting on the IAF analysis that tejas is too poor to be inducted

It is INDIANS who are going crazy trying to overturn the analysis of their own airforce:cheesy:
well owr air force owr money owr jet we will take decission and do what we want why are you botherred its not that we are asking pakistanies for Soft loans of Pakistani AID to fund LCA project or are :azn: :haha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

its another story that its good bad or worse none of your concern rather as per logic you should be happy thats its bad and keep quite and let india commit a mistake like that cause in times of war it will be your pAF against whome it will be used isnt it :azn:

so arent you by trying to make a better weapons system for IAF the main enemy of PAF doing enemity or ghadarree to your own nations and its afir force :nono: what do you call this kind of beahviour.. ghadaree , mulk dushmanee , behagirtee or hindustan se pyaar or cinfussiion or what :sarcastic:

well owr air force owr money owr jet we will take decission and do what we want why are you botherred its not that we are asking pakistanies for Soft loans of Pakistani AID to fund LCA project or are :azn: :haha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

its another story that its good bad or worse none of your concern rather as per logic you should be happy thats its bad and keep quite and let india commit a mistake like that cause in times of war it will be your pAF against whome it will be used isnt it :azn:

so arent you by trying to make a better weapons system for IAF the main enemy of PAF doing enemity or ghadarree to your own nations and its afir force :nono: what do you call this kind of beahviour.. ghadaree , mulk dushmanee , behagirtee or hindustan se pyaar or cinfussiion or what :sarcastic:

???? Of course its our concern

1- This is a defence website, what else are we going to talk about, the weather?

2- This concerns us directly, indian fanboys have vomited gallons of crap over the decades about the tejas (you fanboys are still trying) but lo and behold the IAF declares it a turd.
Whilst we are on our 100th fighter with 3rd export order being finalised
You must appreciate the humour and happiness Tejas has given us over the years:lol:

3- it puts our enemy in a bind
Su30 have their own problems
Raphael is very expensive
Tejas turned out to be a turd
PAk FA is a dud
AMCA isnt even born yet
You have hundreds of fighters waiting to be retired
F16 or Grippen will cost you best part of 20 billion to do the same job Tejas was supposed to do where you already have spent multi billions trying to get the Tejas right

Indians = alot of bull sh*t, not much substance
Go back to 2005 - 2013 period check out posts by indians about how their airforce will be now (check your own posts) and you will see what im talking about

Tejas has completed more than 1200+ test flights and clocked more than 600+ hours of flight time, i think it is safe to assume that it's a Worthy platform...Ill read the article...
not enough to get idea about its operational deficiencies.. you need 10,000 or more hours
i would believe you even on 1200 hours but than i have to assume the article is bogus

it would be disastrous to induct a plan which IAF thinks is not good, i would just scrap the project or do a techincal study to see if i can improve it..
HAL gained alot of experience via tejas, they should use that to build AMCA

When ? source - > @Windjammer ?

You can look in Alan warnes tweet, when he mentioned that JFTs were scrambled on ADA from Peshawar towards Eastern border.

The Chinese used PAF to design their jet.
That is news...

PAF always been there to provide input in design of Jets, because of it's access to advance Western tech, it was Pakistan who sent back F-7s with request of at least 37 changes in them which later on Chinese also adopted, also recently Pakistan tested Z-10 helicopter and give report to Chinese what changes it require to be top class attack helicopter so it's not new between China and Pakistan.

They are different catagory planes for god sake, IN wants a twin engine aircraft as single engine aircrafts have less range, less flying hours and less payload, tejas on the other hand is completly mismatch for carrier operations, it can be used for coastal duty but is not fit for AC, on the other hand IAF wants Tejas to become a medium omnirole fighter from a light combat aircraft with specific role!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the GOD DAMN PROBLEM!!!!!!

Your post is questionable. All planes can be modified for carrier duty and it is not necessary to operate twin engined jets from the carrier. One of the most successful carrier jets was the A-4 skyhawk. It was even lighter than the Tejas but it performed admirably. The IN actually took a much greater interest in the Tejas and actually was involved in the development of the naval variant. However, when it came up short, they abandoned it

Your post is questionable. All planes can be modified for carrier duty and it is not necessary to operate twin engined jets from the carrier. One of the most successful carrier jets was the A-4 skyhawk. It was even lighter than the Tejas but it performed admirably. The IN actually took a much greater interest in the Tejas and actually was involved in the development of the naval variant. However, when it came up short, they abandoned it
Tejas is not fit for carrier ops as its design is not good enough......delta? more drag and more payload will put a lot of stress on the plane making it fly less hours before it breaks down, it was never designed for carrier ops, the only plane that fits for this role is the rafale C and navy will definitely trying to get 56 for themselves.....the one prototype that was made for the navy was to check its ability.....for carrier ops we need a more relaxed and stable fighter with good payload and range....even China is working on the new J-15's..and A4 skyhawk was made in response to the US navy....

I think that those who are disparaging the LCA are missing the whole point behind it. That is to give India a base on which to eventually produce it's own competitive in-house fighter aircraft many decades down the line.

Let us look at the major components of the LCA:

1. Airframe - Success
2. Cockpit - Success
3. Radar - Partial success
4. Other Avionics - Partial success
5. Engine - Mainly failure

So we can see that India has succeeded in more than 50% of the required areas and the failures were mainly because the program was too ambitious taking into account it's industrial base.

As long as it takes out the engine from the AMCA, there is no reason that India cannot produce a competitive 5th generation fighter aircraft before 2030.

I think that those who are disparaging the LCA are missing the whole point behind it. That is to give India a base on which to eventually produce it's own competitive in-house fighter aircraft many decades down the line.

Let us look at the major components of the LCA:

1. Airframe - Success
2. Cockpit - Success
3. Radar - Partial success
4. Other Avionics - Partial success
5. Engine - Mainly failure

So we can see that India has succeeded in more than 50% of the required areas and the failures were mainly because the program was too ambitious taking into account it's industrial base.

As long as it takes out the engine from the AMCA, there is no reason that India cannot produce a competitive 5th generation fighter aircraft before 2030.

That's like looking at the silver lining on a turd

That's like looking at the silver lining on a turd

India spent only 1 billion US dollars on the LCA's development so far. The technology and experience they have gained in building a fighter aircraft was worth it.

LCA is not a competitive 4th generation fighter but it gives them something to start from for the AMCA. Like I say, as long as as they take the engine out, no reason why they cannot manufacture a competitive 5th generation fighter before 2030.

India spent only 1 billion US dollars on the LCA's development so far. The technology and experience they have gained in building a fighter aircraft was worth it.

LCA is not a competitive 4th generation fighter but it gives them something to start from for the AMCA. Like I say, as long as as they take the engine out, no reason why they cannot manufacture a competitive 5th generation fighter before 2030.

Like I said that's looking at the silver lining on a terribly run project

To be truthful

What they will most likely do is

Buy more Raphael's
Buy single engine fighter
Try to pay for some level of assembly, low level manufacture of the above

Keep churning out the 123 tejas and keep them somewhere where they won't cause too much problems and bring them out on Indian national days to excite the idiots

Try to pay for partner e.g Saab to build AMCA and get it made in India

2030 however is not likely

you are right but why am i skeptical?
first they they spent more than 1 billion dollars

second, this is not the first attempt by india, they already did the same with Murat
t

Yawn.... Pakistan is making everything of the Jf17 except the engine.

cry me a river mate, even your own armed forces are calling Tejas a junk figther yet you orange saffron internet warriors just cant except the Tejas faith, that it is a junk figther no Air force wants in its inventory.

whereas jf17 already has 3/4 international customers.
Yeah right !
Off topic : Stone age Rivals ? do you remember what our stone age pilots like MM Alam and Sarfaraz Rafique did to your Advance Air force ?

:D Tejas is more than enough ? Even after 35 years 5 Tejunks are inducted . Beta ja jab aik squadron complete hojae na Tejunk ka jab baat karna ...
After Indian navy , IAF is also not interested in this piece of shit .... :disagree:

Wtf is Tajes btw ? It's Tejas * .
Apne he jet kae name ke spelling nahi pata . :pop:

The truth is that Indian defence dealers do not want indigenious production in their own country.They want to import expensive weapons from other countries so that they can earn millions of dollars .

Back
Top Bottom