What's new

Team USA

Garbage-Plate-5.jpg

local dish in rochester ny
its called the garbage plate because it is a plate of garbage lol
looks disgusting but tastes awesome.
It kinda' looks like that Quebecois dish called poutine. They top it off by pouring maple syrup over it. You would need that free Canadian health care for your heart surgery after eating that. :sick:

Drive your car (with others) on a racetrack

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Pocono (Pennsylvania) . I thought he was owning everybody until a Corvette smoked him at 10:07

non-oval Summit Point (West Virginia)

Last edited:
Making home life more relaxing: All-room multi-zone filtered central air conditioning/heating (optional humidifier)

outdoor A/C condenser
8803356.jpg

Individual room heating and A/C ducts
air-ductwork.jpg

vent
Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 5.47.32 AM.png

relax!
11-relax-home.jpg

Last edited:
Making home life more relaxing: Upgrading your refrigerator

glass+refrigerator.jpg

Water/Air purification, magnetic doors...

Guess who is 80 years old today? Another American icon famous the world over, that's who! :D

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy — Donald Duck is 80 today! - TV | The Star Online

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy — Donald Duck is 80 today!
BY MELODY L. GOH AND ANGELIN YEOH

The world’s most famous pants-less duck is also the world’s oldest and quite possibly, the crankiest.

“One of the greatest satisfactions in our work here at the studio is the warm relationship that exists within our cartoon family. Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, and the whole gang have always been a lot of fun to work with. But like many large families, we have a problem child. You’re right, it’s Donald Duck.” — Walt Disney

Disney’s lovable – and iconic – character Donald Duck is 80 years old today. He is six years younger than best friend Mickey Mouse, and he doesn’t look a day over ... a year old (at what age does a duck become an “adult” anyway?).

Also, he still walks around without wearing any pants.

Angry_donald_duck_2.ashx

Among Disney’s huge pool of characters, Donald – full name Donald Fauntleroy Duck – is perhaps the one that many of us can relate to, thanks to his almost human personality. He is sometimes envious of Mickey’s popularity (who wouldn’t?), he gets easily agitated by his usually naughty nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie (but of course) and he can be a little obsessed with money at times (um, guilty!).

Still, his flaws are what make him adorable and his friends and family know he’s a top-notch guy at heart; that’s what matters the most.

Donald was originally voiced by Clarence Nash, who created the character's distinctive speech pattern. After Nash's passing in 1985, his understudy Tony Anselmo took over, and has been playing the voice of Donald since then.

The duck's first TV appearance was on June 9, 1934 in a Silly Symphony episode called The Little Wise Hen. This is why June 9 is recognised as Donald’s official birthday, and to celebrate it, here are a few things his friends could get him:

1. An Oscar

Ten of Mickey Mouse’s short films have been nominated in the Academy Awards over the years; Donald Duck has never received anything.

mickeywalt.ashx

Walt Disney with an Oscar for one of Mickey Mouse's films.

2. A well-deserved break from Huey, Dewey and Louie

Taking care of these three active ducklings takes quite a lot out of “Unca Donald”.

after-watching-a-horror-movie-alone_974.gif

3. A trip to one of those health and wellness retreats where he can learn to control his temper

A misunderstood duck = a cranky duck = a super angry duck.

4. His own movie

Donald is 80 and he does not have his own movie? For shame!

happybday.ashx

5. Pants.

donaldpants.ashx

An American tradition: Sitting the family down at the dining room table and having a Thanksgiving Day dinner.

image.jpg

Screen shot 2014-06-09 at 10.52.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Hmm...noticed a fireplace in the last post...which reminds me of another little home tradition...:smitten:

romantic2.jpg

romantic-cabin-rentals-in-helen-ga.jpg

It doesn't even have to be a wood fire. You can get a natural gas one. Turns on/off with the click of a button.

Hmm...noticed a fireplace in the last post...which reminds me of another little home tradition...:smitten:

romantic2.jpg

romantic-cabin-rentals-in-helen-ga.jpg

It doesn't even have to be a wood fire. You can get a natural gas one. Turns on/off with the click of a button.

I love the convenience of a natural gas fire. It's the bee's knees on a cold evening! :D

I love the convenience of a natural gas fire. It's the bee's knees on a cold evening! :D

I have one too. It's awesome. Although I want to get a different one since my flame is still a little blue even when I adjust it. Or maybe they are hiding it better in the video by piling it up pyramid style.

Last edited:
It kinda' looks like that Quebecois dish called poutine. They top it off by pouring maple syrup over it. You would need that free Canadian health care for your heart surgery after eating that. :sick:

THat's not true lol. We don't put maple syrup on it. Poutine is delicious

I always wanted to eat Turkey.

You can cook it yourself! I suggest an oven though as everybody is tempted to use a deep fryer (I tried the fryer thing and found it too much of a headache) Here's William Shatner telling his fryer horror story.
th

Cook it in an oven.
turkey-in-oven.jpg

A short video showing how to do it quickly and simply.

Not the microwave one :-)
turkey_microwave.gif

Love those subzero stuff....... however, they cost a lot! :D

Making home life more relaxing: Upgrading your refrigerator

glass+refrigerator.jpg

Water/Air purification, magnetic doors...

Lala, don't tell me you didn't try? :o:

It's eeeeeezzzzzz beeeeezeeeeee............ literally hundreds of step by step recipes available online........... :cheers:

I always wanted to eat Turkey.

Back
Top Bottom