What's new

Taxes on solar panels: Say bye to cheap electricity

Welcome to corruption 101!

Whatever can bring money- people will go for solar as many are dying for electricity since govt is just sitting on its ***....so if many will go for it lets tax them after all tax are going in the fat stomach of theirs!

One should make opportunities first meaning the product should already be available in Pakistani markets meaning Pakistan should already be making these products BEFORE you put ridiculous tax!

Not impose tax and then say ooo Pakistani market has a chance now to "compete" That is not competition but stupidity or corruption!

These kinds of things take time to take hold and doesn't happens over night.

These kinds of things take time to take hold and doesn't happens over night.
Well then tax should also have taken time to be imposed not overnight :agree:

We are not talking about making 5 per cent or 10 per cent taxes on solar imports. The sector that otherwise rightly enjoyed tax shelter since 2006, will now be taxed at 32.5 per cent on imports. This is where the decision to tax solar panels is beyond comprehension and a work of sheer stupidity.

Oh however imported cars are very useful for the rich they dont need to be taxed by people who can actually afford to pay taxes!

Well then tax should also have taken time to be imposed not overnight :agree:

Oh however imported cars are very useful for the rich they dont need to be taxed by people who can actually afford to pay taxes!

not just any imported cars, but luxury cars..

ordinary imported cars being taxed more in this budget.

not just any imported cars, but luxury cars..

ordinary imported cars being taxed more in this budget.
these bastards in the past put taxes on desert coolers (used by poor).. ban on imports of used cars (used by poor)
here the people setting prices and export quota on sugar are themselves owners of sugar mills. people who award contracts on public projects have their own quotations in for selection and the committee members congratulate each other for winning the bids .. where they themselves are applicants and the judges.

is there taxes on imports of solar cells or solar panels ?
Just import solar cells and assemble them

That is the fair point, but any case. There should be some industry prior to restrictions. This could be a strategy to enforce industry to start inhouse solar panel Manufacturing. But with current, summer season it's looks little bit unjust. They should show their attentions, only after summer, when People do realize the fact not everything has to be imported.

Be Pakistan and Buy Pakistan is the best policy in long run.

Are they seriously mad !! Taxing solar panels in an energy deprived condition ??? Shouldn't they be subsidizing it instead ??

That is the fair point, but any case. There should be some industry prior to restrictions. This could be a strategy to enforce industry to start inhouse solar panel Manufacturing. But with current, summer season it's looks little bit unjust. They should show their attentions, only after summer, when People do realize the fact not everything has to be imported.

Be Pakistan and Buy Pakistan is the best policy in long run.
yup, they want industries to be setup, not a bad call, solar cells cost $0.80 to $1.25 and can go higher
assemble them and sell them

Are they seriously mad !! Taxing solar panels in an energy deprived condition ??? Shouldn't they be subsidizing it instead ??
they are taxing ready made solar panels not cells. India does the same

in Pakistan a chai wala cant become a prime minster. hey may become a general though but never a "democratic" leader.
so such thought will never occur

Benazir in her childhood wondered why her Sindhi peasants dont eat cake if they dont have wheat to eat?

these bastards in the past put taxes on desert coolers (used by poor).. ban on imports of used cars (used by poor)
here the people setting prices and export quota on sugar are themselves owners of sugar mills. people who award contracts on public projects have their own quotations in for selection and the committee members congratulate each other for winning the bids .. where they themselves are applicants and the judges.

I seriously am getting sick, yesterday a man asked have I gone to see azadi chowk? I was like what the fuckery man !!, but I kept my head cool and asked him about his electricity bill and how he is able to meet both ends...

simply the joke is so true, "banday ziyada ker do badshah salamat, hamen lino mien lagna parta hai..." if you know the joke !

in Pakistan a chai wala cant become a prime minster. hey may become a general though but never a "democratic" leader.
so such thought will never occur

Benazir in her childhood wondered why her Sindhi peasants dont eat cake if they dont have wheat to eat?

that is just not true, you have dahi bhalay wala as your President ! :sarcastic:

let me explained you sir

we have more power generation units then our need today.

our gov did not used full capacity .

why ?

our people are thieves and they steal power gas and don't like to pay bills

so ?

here we have one more problem also

whats that?

when our gov give people full time power - water - jobs - improvements - development - they ask more and more
so our gov keep them hungry powerless and jobless then these guys don't ask more

This is not problem... Problem is private IPPs are making very expensive electricity which govt can not buy at this rate and people are not ready to pay that much expensive electricity per unit.....

that is just not true, you have dahi bhalay wala as your President ! :sarcastic:
oops sorry you are right to some extent. but the real power remains in the Royal family though.
even if IK's march doesnt happen
the royal family of Raiwand will shoot in its own foot as it always does.

I really want the democracy to be the only form of government in Pakistan but our 2 mainstream parties lack it at the moment. I pray that Gen Rahil remains only the COAS but it seems N league would do everything to fck things up yet again

oops sorry you are right to some extent. but the real power remains in the Royal family though.
Kind of like how an Italian waitress became the defacto PM and the most powerful person of India for 10 years. Fortunately that time has passed.

I really want the democracy to be the only form of government in Pakistan but our 2 mainstream parties lack it at the moment. I pray that Gen Rahil remains only the COAS but it seems N league would do everything to fck things up yet again
Your political parties need to get much worse before they get better. If the process of democracy is interrupted it would be back to square 1 for Pakistan. The Nawaz's and the Zardari's need to be booted out by the public for them to learn. This requires uninterrupted democracy for decades.

Regardless of how bad things get, Army can not intervene for this to work in the long run.

Are they trying to protect the local industry?

Yar, I dont see any good news coming from pmln either, I dont know how people can be so blind that they cannot see the pit right in front of them.. and we all gonna fall in that pit if something not done.

electoral reforms is not PTI demands, its pre-requisite of democracy, wonder why people dig conspiracy theories..

and above all I wonder how people are satisfied with their lives or with the national life, or where the country is heading...

Back
Top Bottom