What's new

Tax-to-GDP ratio down

It is because the GDP growth has been more than the growth in tax collection.Otherwise the overall increase is more than 15% in collection this year.

This article mention some more interesting updates

*Growth rate revised to 5.5% for next year
*Reserve's present status : 13.9Billion dollars
*19Billion dollars Reserve by this year End
*Tax to GDP ratio target 11.3%

What about the debt, Sir?

now whts the GDP of Pakistan now? the tax increase of 15% is good but because GDP increases even faster so the ratio decreases.....it seems that the GDP should increase more than 15% ths year with include inflation:) alnd if we adjust dollar value Pak GDP must be arround 300 Billion plus and GDP PPP should be above 900 billion now...

I think i read somewhere that the GDP was around 264billion$ in 2013(when the value of PKR was 107/US$)...it should be around 310billionUS$ after adjusting PKR(which is 99/US$) & claimed GDP growth of 4.26%.

As for GDP PPP it was 794billion$ according to WB report posted 2 days ago here at PDF by @RiazHaq

Last edited:
What about the debt, Sir?

I think i read somewhere that the GDP was around 264billion$ in 2013(when the value of PKR was 107/US$)...it should be around 310billionUS$ after adjusting PKR(which is 99/US$) & claimed GDP growth of 4.26%.

As for GDP PPP it was 794billion$ according to WB report posted 2 days ago here at PDF by @RiazHaq

794 billions were for 2012.....

keeping n view that huge revenue was generated via sale and withholding taxes that were added means that direct taxation percentage has infact fallen.
i am have been saying since last year that PML N performance n taxation and power sector recoveries has been very poor.
lndustry will grow and we might acheive a growth of 5-6 but beyond that will require reforms which till now i am not seeing, however, IMF might be a blessing in disguise for us, its pushing the govt for reforms like privatization and increasing tax net. govt spending alone will push the growth especially after it get rids of lost making entites, it will also open avenue for competition and more investment

From another thread, today news.

''This year, FBR’s tax-to-GDP ratio is expected to fall to 8.8pc from the budgetary target of 9.9pc.''

At the end it may get lower then even 8.8%, because i don't see Pakistan archiving reduced target of Rs. 2275bn. Next year it should be near 10% if Rs 2810bn target is archived.

From another thread, today news.

''This year, FBR’s tax-to-GDP ratio is expected to fall to 8.8pc from the budgetary target of 9.9pc.''

At the end it may get lower then even 8.8%, because i don't see Pakistan archiving reduced target of Rs. 2275bn. Next year it should be near 10% if Rs 2810bn target is archived.
in short other than a capitalist backed minor confidence, we dont see any change in goveremnt..i will not call this a good performance on any scale.
in fact it is a very poor performance.
the first quarter was better both in growth and revenue collection as well as hope for rapid privitization as well as high focus to ensure that circular debt will not reoccur but than everything just fall apart, low taxation, low spending and circular debt agin.
on year to year basis no major success and very poor performance

This what's PML-N history....
They always come on basis of chanting about economy and growth but in end a big zero... The two Nawaz previous govt GDP growth figures are worst then Benazir era...

Back
Top Bottom